BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest v Rovers 3/10/12

Sorry but our defence was a shambles last night. It was a clean sheet because we got lucky against a team who should have got 3. Please do not think it was because we had a well organised defence.

That's what I just said, didn't I? It was too close for our comfort and they could have won 2-0 if their main strikers with better finishing had been playing.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you win your home games and draw away you usually end up getting promoted.

Black doesn't have a magic wand as Dave has already mentioned. We've lacked fitness, direction and any sort of tactical nouse for 2yrs so it's going to take time.

I'm happy with 2 draws under the circumstances, but we need a manager in, with new ideas and a clearing of the decks, and quickly.

I've just read about 8 pages of this thread whilst on the train and some of you need to have a word with yourselves, when the team was announced it was like a mass suicide in cyber space. This site is full of hormonal teenagers and the odd liar thrown in for good measure, get a grip!

Sounds like exactly the same performance as on Saturday. Shocking display but some how come away with a point. Not down to Blacks ability to get us organised - more so the opposition having a mare in front of goal. Whoever the next man is it needs to be someone who can fire a few rockets up the arses of 99% of the playing squad who think they've been on holiday for 21 months.

Horrified by J*B report.

There are some deep inadequates surfacing in our support. I hope they were filmed.

I saw the Charlton and Forest games as needing to be survived with least damage done. We did.

Black has at least signalled he has a footballing brain.

At Ipswich myself & Preston Blue had the audacity to boo Kean at the start of the second half. That prompted dumb & dumber of Derby to start threatening us, then Glen - eventually leading to Jason of Derby being thrown out.

Last night as the game was on same said two were on same row . When the team needed to hang on for a point a large section of fans sang,

"We need a manager" I noted in full flow was derby 2.

Then lad again was behaving like a muppet under stand again looking for a scrap.

Someone said "Jason after fight again."

If your a friend of Jason from Derby - tell him to grow up. Everyone entitled to an opinion, just don't have to agree with a childish show off from Derby.

Another dreadful performance. Once again the so called strongest squad in the League was made to look second best for 90 minutes. I thought the three centre-backs did OK but the 3-5-2 system didn't work because both Orr and Olsson couldn't get forward and we ended up becoming a flat back five. Rhodes is really struggling to make an impression. He is clearly a goal poacher who needs service in the penalty area. Outside of the box he lacks the pace to get away from defenders and at the moment we aren't getting the ball anywhere near the penalty area for him. How Dunny can be on the bench while Murphy and Lowe continue to plod along in midfield is beyond me. Let's be honest this was an understrength Forest side which dominated the game from start to finish. Indeed, but for a superb save from Robbo late on we would have been going home pointless. We urgently require a manager who can turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.

My first game this season and before it I was on a high because of Kean leaving. What this game served to show me was that the Championship is a poor league in terms of quality and entertainment and our squad is certainly not good enough to walk it. Amazed at how much time and spacemidfielders had at times.

There was an obvious lack of drive, quality and passion in Rovers and we were completely outplayed the second half, mainly due to lack of fitness and composure. While a clean sheet is good, it is slightly misleading - they could have had two penalties for handball and had a couple of decent chances, I think we mustered two shots on goal from outside the box. It was not obvious which team was packed with experienced premier league players.

Seemed a decent away following by numbers but quited a muted atmosphere. Didn't hear any of the chanting re Clough and Mullan but it sounded like it kicked off a bit in the away end just before full time, couldn't see anything from where I was though.

The lack of fitness is down to Kean's "regime" of the last few years and it needs a new manager to come in and sort it out desperately. We got results at the start of the season but the fitness issue means we'll not get up until it's sorted.

Black's done ok to get two draws away but we need some new eyes to come in and work out how we can get pace in attacking areas and service to Rhodes.

It's a big job but a good manager could do something with the squad if he can add one or two in January...

Just got back.

Threatening chants towards Glen Mullan,

Chants about Brian Clough's death,

Racism chants.

Pathetic, I wish they'd sod off away from Rovers and go and support Man United with the rest of the chavs and pikeys.

If any of the above mentioned read on here, you are scum and should be ashamed of yourselves.

The report says we were well-organized and solid, and other match reports had us dominating Nottingham Forest for the first half, but that comes into conflict with what everyone says here about us being lucky, horrible, unfit and awful for the whole of 90 minutes?

Just got back.

Threatening chants towards Glen Mullan,

Chants about Brian Clough's death,

Racism chants.

Along with some absolute dross from our team, meant that todays trip was very, very poor.

Robinson played well. Nuno looked interested, Rhodes didnt get service, Lowe is **** poor, Formica invisible, CKR unfit, M. Olsson doesn't want to be here, Murphy isnt up to it, Dann and Hanley shaky, Givet was furious.

Hence I chose to miss my first game last night , it's pathetic , it's getting worse and despite a number of complaints its being allowed to continue .

Hence I chose to miss my first game last night , it's pathetic , it's getting worse and despite a number of complaints its being allowed to continue .

I've got to be honest and say that I didn't hear any of this last night from where I was sitting. It's clearly just a small minority but it needs to be stamped out.

Were we really well organised at the back? it looked to me like it was a combination of poor finishing by Forest and some top class saves by Robinson that got us an undeserved point.

I can understand the formation change however it was very poorly executed. It's clear that the plan was to play a 5-3-2 in defense to nullify that threat Forrest have on the wings and then in attack shift towards a 3-5-2 with the wing backs getting forward. The main problem was that the wing backs were far too deep so we were for most of the game in a 5-3-2 and never had any real attacking intent or service to the forwards. On the rare occasion Orr and Olsson managed to get forward the service was so poor to Rhodes that nothing could ever come from it.

You would think we might have looked more solid in defense with five at the back but I don't think we did. I think there are some really big question marks over some of the players in this side about their ability, particularly their defensive abilities. You have to remember that the defense doesn't just stop at the back four and the keeper, the midfield has to provide enough protection as well.

I've noticed some people are questioning how good this squad really is and I think that this is a question that needs to be asked, but after the new manager comes in. We have seen players at other clubs suddenly find a new lease of life and flourish when a new manager has come in, there is the possibility that this might happen here.

At Ipswich myself & Preston Blue had the audacity to boo Kean at the start of the second half. That prompted dumb & dumber of Derby to start threatening us, then Glen - eventually leading to Jason of Derby being thrown out.

Last night as the game was on same said two were on same row . When the team needed to hang on for a point a large section of fans sang,

"We need a manager" I noted in full flow was derby 2.

Then lad again was behaving like a muppet under stand again looking for a scrap.

Someone said "Jason after fight again."

If your a friend of Jason from Derby - tell him to grow up. Everyone entitled to an opinion, just don't have to agree with a childish show off from Derby.

Every away match this guy has caused trouble , the police and club ate fully aware , but no action to date has been taken . His mate in fairness has tried to distance himself from it

Every away match this guy has caused trouble , the police and club ate fully aware , but no action to date has been taken . His mate in fairness has tried to distance himself from it

If they cannot behave at matches they should simply be banned from going, nobody pays good money and spends hours traveling with their families to have a few muppets try and ruin the day.

• Backroom

Sounds like we have one complete tool causing bother trying to provoke a reaction, why the hell hasn't he been banned yet?

Hopefully that's one or two isolated idiots and can be sorted ASAP

Out of interest who at ewood would be responsible for banning them would it be Keanos mate Kung fu panda?

I hope the racist chanting wasn't more widespread but there's been plenty in the past joining in with that

Confidence

Organisation

Motivation

The 3 key ingredients that have been missing from our squad since Kean took over.

Look at Blackpool, they are fully organised, confident and motivated - they overperform compared to the individual ability of their players.

Hopefully a new manager will sort this lot out. I think a lot of it will be getting rid of Kean's cheerleaders (Orr and Dann for a start).

Sounds like we have one complete tool causing bother trying to provoke a reaction, why the hell hasn't he been banned yet?

Hopefully that's one or two isolated idiots and can be sorted ASAP

Out of interest who at ewood would be responsible for banning them would it be Keanos mate Kung fu panda?

I hope the racist chanting wasn't more widespread but there's been plenty in the past joining in with that

I'm pretty sure they don't do home games , just every away game . If they stop giving them tickets , then I'm sure someone else will get them for them .

Thankfully home games this season have been great in terms of the stands

I didn't think that the 3-5-2 system worked particularly well primarily because the midfield five didn't seem to understand what they should have been doing. There were many occasions I felt when Orr and Olssen should have been bombing on and giving us some width in attacking areas but they just didn't do that. The central midfield three were almost falling over each other at times and there weren't too many occasions when any of them got forward enough to support Rhodes and Gomes. It seemed clear that there has been little work on the training ground in adapting to a new system.

Black clearly prioritised a clean sheet above all else last night: he succeeded in this.

I don't expect him to keep the three at the back experiment on Saturday and it will be Interesting to see how he sets up because he will know that we will be expected to take the initiative and attack the game. I expect an early onslaught by rovers followed by sitting back and killing the remainder of the match: 1-0 rovers!

I was surprised that Simon wasn't in the squad and I fear that rochina is not in his thoughts.

Black is a dour, defensive manager in the allardyce mold with no room for flair or individualism. He will steady the ship and hopefully leave us in reasonable shape for the new man!

Archived