BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest v Rovers 3/10/12

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamy, common sense isn't allowed on here. I thought you knew that?

Hang on though.Shebby has been planning for a new manager for weeks / months.Don't make it sound like this has all come as a shock.WE need this shambles addressing pronto so we shouldn't confuse taking our time with these baffoons not having a clue where to start.

They seem giddy because big names have been linked. Shebby is probably more concerned with having his photo taken with them .

But 1 goal and no other decent chances in 180 mins of football?

Let's not kid ourselves, We're not a good side (potentially we might be decent) but we've been playing in a 'system' that a caretaker who's lost his mop has conjured up for the past 2 years..

It will take a few weeks for the new man to get his methods in place, so if we can carry on picking up points in the meantime..(christ, I sound like Kean..)

Greggyk says we were solid, yet the BBC stats show that Forest had a massive 17 attempts on target and one off, to our 5 on target and one off.

On another day this game could have been a battering.

Lets go back to Murphy, Lowe and Formica, probably three of the most overrated, over paid players, in the championship !

Lets hope we see a new manger come in and play swaps with these guys plus a few more for some better ones.

Like many have said.. Formica was in the argentina squad, lowe an u21 international with a reputation and Murphy has a very solid history of doing well most places he has been.. Add Dann, Simon, Hanley et al and you soon realise we have destroyed players of ability in the two years Kean was (damn I like that part) around.

Lets sit back take the point and enjoy the anticipation of a new manager.. at least Black in one proper game in charge sorted the defense, thats more than could be said for the bald chimp (sorry insult to chimps).

Greggyk says we were solid, yet the BBC stats show that Forest had a massive 17 attempts on target and one off, to our 5 on target and one off.

On another day this game could have been a battering.

I think you've read those stats the wrong way around. IIRC it was one on target each. The bigger numbers are the off targets.

This "middle ground" situation we're in is a little frustrating, but we are in transition and supposedly moving forward, so it will take time unfortunately.

It is blindingly obvious we need to boss the midfield battles in order to win games, haven't seen that in a long time, maybe and hopefully someone will see this as the rest of us can!!!

Back to basics learning to defen as a team and a point away at forest is just what was called for, build from here.

Black has got Rovers our first clean sheet of this season. Something Kean couldnt do!!!

It hasn't even been a week since Kean has gone, we have a 2 week international break coming up. It is MUCH better that they take their time and make sure that they make a informed decision, rather than rushing things and making the wrong appointment. With no games for 2 weeks, the focus will turn on who to appoint next week.

Certain Rovers fans need to give Shebby the time to get us the right manager in.

I always thought this would be during the International Break when a new manager was to be appointed.

Would are rovers fans so inpatient. Kean has gone. New manager will be in for the Derby game

With applicants coming thick and fast and the season being a 46 game season then the international break makes more sense . I'd go as far as saying this is one of the biggest decisions in the history of our club. We can Ill afford a knee jerk reaction or to get it wrong .

Another uninspirIng match , but a clean sheet and a point . If results go well Saturday we could be top again . So it's not the end of the world . If we was sat in the relegation zone I could understand the panic , however a rushed decision is just not what we need . Get the right man in , and give him 35 games to get us up

Black has got Rovers our first clean sheet of this season. Something Kean couldnt do!!!

Certain Rovers fans need to give Shebby the time to get us the right manager in.

I always thought this would be during the International Break when a new manager was to be appointed.

Would are rovers fans so inpatient. Kean has gone. New manager will be in for the Derby game

We beat Hull 1-0

I think you've read those stats the wrong way around. IIRC it was one on target each. The bigger numbers are the off targets.

Yes, looking at it again you're right, even so, their 17, to our 5, in ninety minutes, isnt good. It still doesnt suggest a solid team, far from it.

Pat Murphy on 5live said Hanley and Dann stood out and looked solid. S Bruce's teams were always solid, if unspectacular, when Black was his assistant. Unlike Kean, Black obviously knows how to set up a team. I hope he doesn't get the job though as i think the whole club needs a complete change. A big dose of enthusiasm and motivation needs to be injected into the players because apart from a few (Richards, Rhodes & Etuhu) it really does lack genuine quality. Anybody thinking we should got to Forest and win easily doesn't really apprecaite just how low on quality and confidence that squad became under Kean. That said, it isn't a great league and a good managerial appointment should get us into the play-offs at least barring major injuries. Looking forward to the Wolves game.

I think some people need a reality check - Forest are one of the favourites for promotion - and we just got a point away from home ! This with a caretaker manager taking over after one of the worst periods in our history. I don't know what people expect - that in 5 days black will undo all the bad habits picked up in the Kean era, or that players fitness will suddenly improve ? Time and time again people say this is one of the most difficult divisions to get out of (remember wham needed the play offs) and yet people seem to think we will walk it. Get real - and get behind the team and ALL the players.

A decent point against a good team that will be battling for promotion. We've had two tough away games and got two points. I would have been happy with that even if Kean had been in charge. Reading some of the other posts, it still seems like we are wide open at the back, but a clean sheet is a clean sheet and can be built on. We need the right man in charge, who can sort us out defensively and who can get the best out of the good attacking players we have.

I think some people need a reality check - Forest are one of the favourites for promotion - and we just got a point away from home ! This with a caretaker manager taking over after one of the worst periods in our history. I don't know what people expect - that in 5 days black will undo all the bad habits picked up in the Kean era, or that players fitness will suddenly improve ? Time and time again people say this is one of the most difficult divisions to get out of (remember wham needed the play offs) and yet people seem to think we will walk it. Get real - and get behind the team and ALL the players.

Yes, but lets not think that a new manager can make these players better than they currently are as they are currently playing to the best of their abilities.

Huge job ahead for the new manager as our squad, IMO, is largely dross (Orr, Dann, Hanley, Murphy, Etuhu.......an almost endless list).

A good manager will get us organised and make sure we have the right balance, in terms of players on the field, to ensure that Rhodes gets the service that he has been starved of so far.

We have enough players, as shown under Kean's first few matches this season, to get us goals with something a bit special for this league, which is very, very average.

A good manager and we should get up and then the problems really, really will start. As I said earlier, IMO, our squad is p1ss poor.

Players look frustrated at FT. Cant blame them, no attacking intent.

Hate to get slightly off topic and personal. But I can't help but notice while reading some posts of yours that your avatar photo is a slightly odd choice for a football message board... unless you are the girl in the photograph. I could then perhaps understand it. As a girl might like to have it known that she is a girl and yes she likes football or seems pretty etc. You know what I mean. However I do assume you are male and therefore I find this photo takes some credibility away from your posts and makes me feel slightly uneasy. It isn't a photograph a male would typically choose... for on here anyway. I could also understand this if the photograph has some other kind of sentimental meaning, such as the girl is no longer with us. Then I have said too much and I apologise for this post. But the possibility of you being a guy and that friend being alive is bugging me.

Hate to get slightly off topic and personal. But I can't help but notice while reading some posts of yours that your avatar photo is a slightly odd choice for a football message board... unless you are the girl in the photograph. I could then perhaps understand it. As a girl might like to have it known that she is a girl and yes she likes football or seems pretty etc. You know what I mean. However I do assume you are male and therefore I find this photo takes some credibility away from your posts and makes me feel slightly uneasy. It isn't a photograph a male would typically choose... for on here anyway. I could also understand this if the photograph has some other kind of sentimental meaning, such as the girl is no longer with us. Then I have said too much and I apologise for this post. But the possibility of you being a guy and that friend being alive is bugging me.

I signed up using facebook, it imports it. Don't know how to change on my phone.

Simple as that tbh.

Archived