BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest v Rovers 3/10/12

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to get slightly off topic and personal. But I can't help but notice while reading some posts of yours that your avatar photo is a slightly odd choice for a football message board... unless you are the girl in the photograph. I could then perhaps understand it. As a girl might like to have it known that she is a girl and yes she likes football or seems pretty etc. You know what I mean. However I do assume you are male and therefore I find this photo takes some credibility away from your posts and makes me feel slightly uneasy. It isn't a photograph a male would typically choose... for on here anyway. I could also understand this if the photograph has some other kind of sentimental meaning, such as the girl is no longer with us. Then I have said too much and I apologise for this post. But the possibility of you being a guy and that friend being alive is bugging me.

:huh:

I think some people need a reality check - Forest are one of the favourites for promotion - and we just got a point away from home ! This with a caretaker manager taking over after one of the worst periods in our history. I don't know what people expect - that in 5 days black will undo all the bad habits picked up in the Kean era, or that players fitness will suddenly improve ? Time and time again people say this is one of the most difficult divisions to get out of (remember wham needed the play offs) and yet people seem to think we will walk it. Get real - and get behind the team and ALL the players.

Got to say I don't always agree with you DMTP but on this occasion you are spot on.

Yes, but lets not think that a new manager can make these players better than they currently are as they are currently playing to the best of their abilities.

That's exactly what a manager would do....because it's their job.....otherwise clubs would just hire random guys off the street.

When midfielder's don't have options to pass to, it makes them play worse......when defenders are constantly under pressure and receive little protection, it makes them play worse.......when strikers get little service, it makes them play worse....when goalkeepers play in front of a dodgy defence, it makes them play worse.

The same can be said of fitness issues, confidence issues and being played out of position.

We have a very decent squad for this level......if another Championship manager worked all week in training with our players, then at the end you asked them if they wanted to switch squads....I can guarantee they'd say yes.

Oh yes they are !

They really aren't. A different manager could make a real difference with some of our players. For example Rhodes is definitely not playing to the best of his abilities because we aren't making the most of having him in the team.

Yes, but lets not think that a new manager can make these players better than they currently are as they are currently playing to the best of their abilities.

No, they are unfit and playing disorganised. They've been conditioned to think 70% is enough effort in a game.

Mercerman said " Our squad is largely dross, but a new manager will get us up ". Mm ,why ?

Firstly, Championship is unbelievably poor.

We have players who can score goals, no doubt and even Kean managed to get us 14 points from 7 matches. My confidence comes from this point, if Kean can achieve........................................................

But looking further ahead, how many of the current squad could be a player in the PL. I'd say Robbo (and there are signs he's losing his edge), Givet, Olsson1 and, possibly, Rhodes. That's your lot.

Getting us up will be the easy bit, avoiding anhilation in the PL will be the challenge.

That's exactly what a manager would do....because it's their job.....otherwise clubs would just hire random guys off the street.

When midfielder's don't have options to pass to, it makes them play worse......when defenders are constantly under pressure and receive little protection, it makes them play worse.......when strikers get little service, it makes them play worse....when goalkeepers play in front of a dodgy defence, it makes them play worse.

The same can be said of fitness issues, confidence issues and being played out of position.

We have a very decent squad for this level......if another Championship manager worked all week in training with our players, then at the end you asked them if they wanted to switch squads....I can guarantee they'd say yes.

Rovers fans are asking or expecting far, far, too much from this group of players at the club.

In your opinion where Hanley, Dann, Murphy and Etuhu dross before they arrived?

Imo, as always:

Hanley: development stalled, head has grown to size of Birkenhead

Dann: disaster last season, half a decent season for Brum no endorsement

Murphy: finished even at this level, we are topping-up his pension fund

Etuhu: journeyman, ok for this league (just) but would be PL liability. 4 year deal, feckin hell, must have thought birthday & chrustmas arrived together

Well Murphy, Etuhu, Kazim and Dann have been pretty good in the Prem before......Dunn can do a job sometimes......Newcastle fans liked Best......a lot of people have commented on Nuno Gomes being a cut above this league.

I am confident in Henley, Rochina and Vukcevic being good in the prem as well......and Hanley with a bit more experience and the right partner guiding him through the game.

Some of the Portuguese youngsters might be good.......the season Norwich were promoted.....How many of their players would people say were good enough for the prem? 1....2?

And where are they now? Most likely going down.....and why is that? Because their manager isn't as good anymore.

No, they are unfit and playing disorganised. They've been conditioned to think 70% is enough effort in a game.

This is spot on imo. Which (and i know this sounds crazy) is why a little part of me wouldn't mind Roy Kean tearing into them. This squad has had too much 'nicey nicey' treatment for too long. I really don't want Roy Kean as the next boss for obvious reasons. But i do think he has the nasty edge to get some of these free-loaders performing at a better level.

What i really want is another Souness.

They really aren't. A different manager could make a real difference with some of our players. For example Rhodes is definitely not playing to the best of his abilities because we aren't making the most of having him in the team.

Rhodes first season step up if he can do better then i'd be very surprised and delighted in equal measure.

• Backroom

Haven't read the thread and no idea how we performed, but results wise this is pretty much the perfect result IMO. Not positive enough to push Black forward for serious contention for the manager's position, but we've still gained a point. Happy enough with that.

I think the scales are falling from the eyes of the more realistic supporters. We've got a massive job on our hands to get out of this division. The standard may appear low now but it won't always be that way, the competition will hot up soon enough. We may have players who can score goals but given number of chances we normally create they better not waste many.

Archived