BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest v Rovers 3/10/12

For those thinking we SHOULD (not could, but should) be beating Forest AWAY. They are currently 9th in the odds listings to win the league. So let's assume they're the 9th best side in the league (Unless you know better than professional bookies, after all your extensive research of Forest...). That means you expect us to beat 16 teams at their own ground. I can only assume you think we should draw with all the teams above them (Maybe you think we should beat some of those too, I dunno). That means drawing with another 7 teams away. That means 55 points away from home. Assuming you only think we would have the same record at home (though in truth I'd guess you think we should beat everybody at home if your ambitions are this high), that means 110 points. Which is higher than the record for the division (which is 106). So you basically think we're the best side to ever grace this league. And are basically delusional.

Forest are a good side for this league, that was a solid point. Please stop bleating on that we 'should beat teams like this', it only makes you look arrogant or out of touch. Drawing away and winning at home is the way out of this league. With the odd upset to that pattern of course, like an away win or home defeat (both of which we've had).

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 SOCCER Forest 2nd Nightlead

Nottingham Forest 0 Blackburn 0

Interim manager Eric Black picked up his second away point in four days to enhance his chances of being invited to succeed Steve Kean as Blackburn manager.

Rovers played out a goalless draw at fellow promotion hopefuls Nottingham Forest in a match short on goalmouth action.

While Black revealed he is yet to officially apply for the Rovers vacancy he has been told he will be in charge for Saturday's visit of Wolves.

That could be the 49-year-old's last chance to try and convince Blackburn's owners to turn to him on a full-time basis, but for now Black is more concerned with helping Rovers collect points.

``The important thing at the moment is what happens to Blackburn Rovers because no matter who is manager, the club will be here in 10, 20 or 30 years time,'' he said.

``The club have explained everything to me and I fully understand that there is a lot of interest in what is an exceptional job. There will be a lot of candidates for it.

``I have not applied for the job yet but I have enjoyed taking it on - it's been fine. I've been told that I will be in charge on Saturday.

``We've had two games in quick succession and it's been a case of going from one game to another. We had a new system tonight and the players deserve a lot of credit for that.

``We've conceded a lot of goals this season and we tried to do something about it. At the end of the night it was a very hard-working defensive performance even though it wasn't as exciting as it could have been.''

I didn't see the game but it seems clear to me that the idea was not to concede any goals.

And, if we want to get promoted, we will have to concede less goals than we normally do.

The problem is that our midfield needs to be sorted out. And new players deserve their chance.

Specially since Murphy and Nuno Gomes need some rest.

It is MUCH better that they take their time and make sure that they make a informed decision, rather than rushing things and making the wrong appointment.

What we need Kamy, is for them to rush things and make the right appointment.

bradley orr was pants

As usual, the games I've seen him this season he has been unbelievably poor. He is so slow got done for pace on a few occasions, add to that can't tackle can't pass can't head whats left

As usual, the games I've seen him this season he has been unbelievably poor. He is so slow got done for pace on a few occasions, add to that can't tackle can't pass can't head whats left

He'll back his manager up no questions asked.

On the subject of Orr, a contributor on the Guardian claiming to be a Rovers fan today compared him to Keith Andrews:

'Oh and talking of problems with sales Keith Andrews was booed from the moment he arrived at Rovers as wasn't deemed a "proper" premier league player, ditto Bradley Orr - anyone else starting to see a theme here? Spoilt minority. Yet of course... despite being delighted to see the back of Andrews you are happy to put "blame" on Kean for him going.'

Nothing to do with Orr being an obvious prat then?

Just got back.

Threatening chants towards Glen Mullan,

Chants about Brian Clough's death,

Racism chants.

Along with some absolute dross from our team, meant that todays trip was very, very poor.

Robinson played well. Nuno looked interested, Rhodes didnt get service, Lowe is **** poor, Formica invisible, CKR unfit, M. Olsson doesn't want to be here, Murphy isnt up to it, Dann and Hanley shaky, Givet was furious.

Didn't go to the two away games but I'm not that sure why everyone seems to be so ecstatic with 2 draws. At the risk of sounding obvious we'd have been better off winning one and losing one and at least under Kean we managed to create a decent number of chances and score a respectable amount of goals. (OK I know we invariably used to concede more)

Under Black, performances don't seem to be any better and the stats suggest we are now struggling to create any chances at all, let alone score many goals.

Has a new manager ever had such a sophorific effect? I appreciate Glen's point about not rushing the choice of new manager but I do feel Black needs to be given the big heave ho asap and a new manager needs to be drafted in as a matter of urgency to stamp his own approach on the squad.

Just got back.

Racism chants.

What the hell?!? All those from our fans, are you serious? I can't fathom why we'd do any of those..barring the odd racist muppet in our midst.

at least under Kean we managed to create a decent number of chances and score a respectable amount of goals. (OK I know we invariably used to concede more)

....pretty daft comment seeing as we lost far more games under Kean than we won and he relegated us from the PL.

....pretty daft comment seeing as we lost far more games under Kean than we won and he relegated us from the PL.

Spot on. Rev was happy when we fired Allardyce and now seems a bit downhearted that Kean's gone. 2 draws away is respectable but Rev is right that we could do with getting a new manager coming in asap.

Too many people on here are expecting miracles. Too many people are wanting results NOW and not realising this team has just, really only just, been released from the shackles of Kean. The next manager (plus Black now) is going to require time to get these players into shape and playing the way they want.

Also, just because you think a player is crap doesn't mean the manager, future or caretaker, thinks they are or, in fact, that they are. So you might well see them regularly in the future. Don't let it wind you up or take it out on them. It doesn't achieve anything.

What we need Kamy, is for them to rush things and make the right appointment.

Rushing things usually leads to making the wrong decisions. Better for them to take things slow and make the right decision. I mean, it's pretty tough to decide right now, right? Who would you want, Ole Gunner Olskjaer or Schuster?

Well, not that excited about the draw, but hey at least we kept a clean sheet! Something that Steve Kean could hardly do! Let's hope the clean sheet stays for this Saturday at least! Some people on here (or was it on Ewood Park's Finest?) were absolutely swearing to God that we'll NEVER EVER keep a clean sheet today, and look what happened? Black proved them wrong. Not that I advocate Black, mind you - I would prefer seeing us score too - but maybe people should calm down, take a step back and be patient instead of being overly critical of Eric Black and rushing Venkys into deciding on a new manager immediately. Such decisions, as I said, shouldn't be rushed. If what Shebby Singh said is true, we have a few illustrious managers applying for the job, and assuming he's smart enough to choose one of them who should he choose? I know some people will point to Schuster as an immediate first choice, but Daum, Ragnick and maybe Solskjear are worth considering as well so it'll be bad to impulsively appoint Schuster based in his history with Real Mandrid. Of course he'll be a good choice, but let's weigh all the other considerations first, and that takes time.

Racism chants.

Along with some absolute dross from our team, meant that todays trip was very, very poor.

Did not hear any of those chants, just the usual muppet like behaviour from the 2 Derby boys who bounce up and down threatening the leading Brag members but are all mouth. What a pity as this boorish behaviour spoils everyone elses "enjoyment".

Rovers were absolute pants. No clue, no leadership, and lost 95% of 50-50 balls.......same old stuff as under Coco.

Rovers were absolute pants. No clue, no leadership, and lost 95% of 50-50 balls.......same old stuff as under Coco.

Except that we succeeded in keeping a clean sheet, which Coco failed to most of the times. Still, I prefer to see us score goals and win the game than play out a dull, boring goaless draw too close for our comfort (they could have won 2-0 if their main strikers were back).

Archived