BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black

Stuart

Can't blame Black if he takes the job. Promotion, payrise, job security. Yeah, it'll kean off the fans but what does he care?

If he ends up in the hotseat, then it has to be war on Venky's & Singh. Another campaign against the manager will only discredit the fanbase, through no real fault of their own.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like many of us are resigned to its being Black. well, I'm sorry but I'm not. I don't care if you think he's honest, i don't care if you think he's spotted the problem and tried to address it. I could have done that for free without the wages he'll be on and i know nowt much about tactics or anything else. If they think they can appoint him and nobody will get on his back then they are wrong because there is no way of getting at the owers and those pulling the strings other than by getting at the manager they choose to appoint and the team he puts out on the pitch. I no longer care about the fans' reputation because lets face it, we don't have one. If Black is stupid enough to take the job knowing that one lapse and we will either be on his back at our vitriolic best or will simply not bother attending, then he's a bigger fool than anyone has a right to be. Black is not the answer to any question I can even think of asking in reference to Rovers. He's not a good enough coach, not manager material and is not anyone who is going to get this club and this team out of the mire they currently find themselves in. I don't know who I'd like as manager, but I very definitely know who I won't support and that is Black.

Obviously he is, but when asked the tosser just mumbles some rubbish about not having had chance to think about it or similar.

I enjoy reading your posts so I'm surprised at that vitriol. Undeserved in my opinion. Eric Black is playing the game just like anybody else would in these unique circumstances.

I don't want him as manager by the way.

There's supporting your boss and supporting your boss

He took it way too far

Perhaps Black was referring to last season when Kean was actually running the club in it's entirity and taking the flack for invisible owners?

Perhaps Black was referring to last season when Kean was actually running the club in it's entirity and taking the flack for invisible owners?

But which set of owners ? poor little stevie eh! part of the "engineering" that went on to get him the gig in the first place and remove the structure that was in place, and it was his choice to continue and he loved every minute of it , so no pity from me

I would support him. For the simple reason that he's not Kean. I don't want him to get the job but I would have taken him as our manager a few months ago and would now. The notion that he is a toxic as Steve the cretin Kean is laughable.

Kean is probably one of the worst managers that there has ever been. We shouldn't forget that. Even if they screw us over by appointing Black, I don't think it will be anywhere near as bad as when Kean was in charge.

I would support him. For the simple reason that he's not Kean. I don't want him to get the job but I would have taken him as our manager a few months ago and would now. The notion that he is a toxic as Steve the cretin Kean is laughable.

Kean is probably one of the worst managers that there has ever been. We shouldn't forget that. Even if they screw us over by appointing Black, I don't think it will be anywhere near as bad as when Kean was in charge.

The lies etc might not be, but the football will. Were you at the Wolves game? it was the most dire football i had seen at Rovers bar none - even that sunderland league cup tie in the freezing cold that went to extra time and we scored very late in extra time to win. That is a match that sticks out in the mind as being dire but the Wolves game was 10 times worse.

That is not borne out by either

a) Performances

or

b ) Results

or

c) The players demeanour and body language all of which have been far worse since since Black has been in charge imo.

I accept it is possibly harsh to judge him on three games in charge but I'm also looking our record since he joined the Club as coach and that has been absolutely disastrous imo.

I enjoy reading your posts so I'm surprised at that vitriol. Undeserved in my opinion. Eric Black is playing the game just like anybody else would in these unique circumstances.

I don't want him as manager by the way.

Thank you and you're quite right, and I shall try to refrain from being abusive about him. That in no way alters my opinion of his capabilities based on his and our performance since him joining the Club.

Without checking the exact stats I'm also assuming that his most recent record before that leading up to him and Bruce being sacked from Sunderland is very poor as well.

And I note that in 3 spells and 6 matches as caretaker manager at Birmingham, Sunderland and here he has yet to win a match, losing his only match at each of the former two Clubs in addition to his one loss and three draws here. I hope he isn't given the opportunity to extend that statistical anomaly any further at our expense.

Not absolving Black of some of his bonkers comments and his part in producing the abject rubbish of the Kean era but:

- we have tightened up through midfield and defence

- at Derby we did play well for the first time all season

Could be some good camouflage from Shebby/Shaw but I don't get the feeling a new external Managerial appointment is imminent. So Black might get the next two home games and if he continues the steady improvements in performance with two wins, he will look a rather different quality of candidate to how he looks now.

His major problem is the lack of fitness in the team and facing two of the more robust outfits in the division.

Yeah I would agree that he took over both a disorientated and unfit squad.

The more encouraging aspects are that he has attempted to shore us up at the back, and more so for me is that he has tried a new formation in 3-5-2, and when that didn't work he didn't stick stubbornly to it, instead going for a 4-2-3-1 that actually looked in control for the first half yesterday, I can only think of the first 40 minutes at Leeds where we have played significantly better. It wasn't the flat 4-4-1-1 that Kean played, where the wide men are further back yet the central midfielders are still rather static; Pedersen and a Martin Olsson seemingly lacking in confidence linked fairly well down the left, and Kazim is a threat but frustrates me, he seems to be rather big headed. Dunny looked in the hole to be the only player really capable of unlocking and committing the Derby defence.

However 3 points from 4 games is not good enough, and on the whole the performances have not been nearly good enough. I understand and agree to a certain extent that we need to prioritize our defence but whilst we have looked a bit more solid, we have provided no threat going forward. When we have Rhodes, Gomes, Kazim, Rochina, Dunn, Nunes, Simon etc going forward you would think even if it's more individual play than team based, we would at least have something going forward. We need to stay tight but the best way to defend is by attacking.

Against Charlton(I didn't go) all reports indicate we were lucky to hang on to a point after actually going ahead. Against Forest the game was generally a very poor one, no team had any threat whatsoever, against Wolves we had no ideas and we were the home team, and yesterday we were in control in the first half then backed off and waited for the inevitable.

I do worry that there is a general mentality to be nervous within the squad whenever we have a lead, and a general feeling of anxiety and lack of control that is a more deep-lying, long term problem. Givet and Dann were solid yesterday, I have believed since Kean took over that the problem is not the defenders in the main, it is the team shape, tactics, attitude etc. I don't know if Black told the players to sit deeper in the second half but we should know it doesn't work, and it will take the new manager a long time I think to remove the bad mentality we have when winning and help us hold onto leads.

Archived