BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black

Stuart

I'm sure everybody said the same about Steve Kean using the exact same phrases.

We don't need a bloody coach, we need a MANAGER.

No they didn't.

What about his man management skills and ability to handle players in order to get the best out of them?

Yes what about them? We all know the square route of bugger all about them and Rome wasn't built in a day. Kean has destroyed our club and whoever comes in will have a hard job changing things for the better.

If they did it was a poor immitation!

Wigan's was actually quite inventive since it was more of a 3-6-1/3-4-3. This meant they didn't have problems out wide since the two supporting strikers could drift to the wings if needs be, meaning the wing backs weren't isolated.

Our 3-5-2 is so rigid it's beyond belief.

Aye Wigan changed their formation and everyone got it straight away, didn't they? 2 games for us over a season for them and you're comparing?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seemingly every day i hear or read an interview from Eric Black. I'm afraid that for a man in a temporary position his sheer number of interviews suggest he is here for the long haul. I will likely end up with egg on my face, but i can't see anyone other than Black getting the managers job full time. He seems too cosy for a man who could be staring redundnacy in the face. I've pretty much resigned myself to another Venky's cock-up.

Seemingly every day i hear or read an interview from Eric Black. I'm afraid that for a man in a temporary position his sheer number of interviews suggest he is here for the long haul. I will likely end up with egg on my face, but i can't see anyone other than Black getting the managers job full time. He seems too cosy for a man who could be staring redundnacy in the face. I've pretty much resigned myself to another Venky's cock-up.

Assumed the position then, PV? :lol:

We don't need a bloody coach, we need a MANAGER.

...and new owners....

If I was to put money on who would be leading the team against Derby it would all go in on Black. Got this feeling he too is a buddy-kind-of-manager (in alck of better words) - i.e. players know they won't get dropped after horrible performances. I always thought this was one (out of many!) of the problems with Kean and perhaps why some players came out in support or defended him. It's been obvious for all to see that our starting 11 is not well enough trained to perform over 90 mins, and with a "manager" where performances matters zilch, owners you'll find nowhere else and some fans booing you every game...well...these players are probably just like most of us (except extremely well paid!) in that they won't put in the extra shift unless they have to.

So...if my mojo-feeling is right and the players get some say in who gets appointed - my money is unfortunately on Black. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Robbo has spoken positively about Black.

For me there is nothing in this guys CV to demonstrate that he is qualified for the managerial position at the Rovers. 50+ games as a manager? He is just johnny on the spot and if he wasn't already at the club there is no way his name would have been mentioned in conjunction with this role.

A clean slate is required and a professional, experienced and competent management team needs recruiting. The size of the task ahead should not be under-estimated and a top quality manager is required to manage the transition.

I don't see other clubs queuing up to recruit him as manager and cannot understand how anyone would think he is the most suitable candidate for the job at Rovers.

if he gets the job these charlatans won't get a penny out of me, im beginning to regret hastily renewing my season ticket, should have waited till these numpties had appointed someone first, i will go this season but i won't back him or sing his name.

No they didn't.

Yes what about them? We all know the square route of bugger all about them and Rome wasn't built in a day. Kean has destroyed our club and whoever comes in will have a hard job changing things for the better.

Aye Wigan changed their formation and everyone got it straight away, didn't they? 2 games for us over a season for them and you're comparing?

Considering the size of the task ahead for the new manager, I would hope we end up with someone better - we need a manager, along with a solid back room team, not a decent coach in charge.

I have it on very good authority that Black is not being considered for the job long term. So unbunch knickers and relax... :tu:

And we should believe you why exactly? Unless you're that Swedish guy who's been at Stanley house and you know because you've already got the job?

• Moderation Lead

might as well give the job to black now, british, up-and-coming, never been relegated, perfect fit, venkyscum!!!!

Based on performances so far, the underlined bit can't be ruled out......

I sincerely apologise to Messrs Souness, Flitcroft and Jansen for previously placing them in a "anybody but them" category for new manager along with Black.

Disastrous record as first team coach, now making the wheels come off on his own account this season.

No, Black has that particular envelope firmly stitched up on his own. Dreading the possibility, however faint, of him getting it by default.

Looks like Eric's foot in mouth statement about not having attackers suited to this division after the Wolves game is par for the course with his admission that he doesn't know what position Vukcevic can play...

Guess we are going to have to get used to it.

Looks like Eric's foot in mouth statement about not having attackers suited to this division after the Wolves game is par for the course with his admission that he doesn't know what position Vukcevic can play...

Guess we are going to have to get used to it.

You said earlier in another thread that the likes of Rijkaard are in the running?

I believe their top priority is to appoint someone who will appease the fans. If their main concern is cash flow, which I'm sure it is, then getting fans back down to Ewood is a top priority as well as winning promotion. I don't think it will be Black.

surely they cant make the same mistake again?

Archived