BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys what's your business plan?

First off please don't pick holes in whatever I say. If you do, then you missed the point in the first place.

I would like all qualified football pressarios and suitably qualified accountants to consider and post their solutions to OUR clubs predicament and what would their structure would be.

I want to go back to just watching Rovers not debating this keans.

Raos either carry out your previously well publicised commitments or just Kean off.

I don't think there's much of a plan. They want to be successful, or rather Balaji does. He's certainly put his balls on the block with signing Rhodes and Murphy (at considerable risk to his own finances).

However they know nothing about football and have entrusted first JA and now Shebby Singh. Shebby has been better than JA but he seems afraid of employing an experienced strong willed character at the helm. That kind of thinking is not in the best interests of the club, especially as Venkys are apparently willing to employ anyone he suggests who is willing to take it. So it's not about money.

The best signing would be to re employ John Williams who would get the club back on track. They could trust him and he had the best interests of the club at heart, but sadly he's elsewhere.

The plan is to develop young talent and sell for a profit whilst promoting Venkys name globally. Wages are planned to be within the Fair play regulations and the club selffunding once back in the premierleague.

It's not rocket science...

No but hiring a manager must be

I don't think there's much of a plan. They want to be successful, or rather Balaji does. He's certainly put his balls on the block with signing Rhodes and Murphy (at considerable risk to his own finances).

However they know nothing about football and have entrusted first JA and now Shebby Singh. Shebby has been better than JA but he seems afraid of employing an experienced strong willed character at the helm. That kind of thinking is not in the best interests of the club, especially as Venkys are apparently willing to employ anyone he suggests who is willing to take it. So it's not about money.

The best signing would be to re employ John Williams who would get the club back on track. They could trust him and he had the best interests of the club at heart, but sadly he's elsewhere.

Sadly Booth you clearly know similar things as I do.

I would fully endorse your sentiments with regards to senior management.

The club needs direction and to be led.

Well they did say that gate receipts don't even pay the wages of the principal summer signings.

If we lose the parachute money we're shafted big time. But does that run out after 4 years or 2?

It's just a matter of time, I guess the Titanic left Southampton when Venky's took over, and it left Queenstown when we got relegated.

Well they did say that gate receipts don't even pay the wages of the principal summer signings.

If we lose the parachute money we're shafted big time. But does that run out after 4 years or 2?

It's just a matter of time, I guess the Titanic left Southampton when Venky's took over, and it left Queenstown when we got relegated.

Full details are online somewhere but after two years you still get them but its a lesser amount. Halved I think.

I still can't believe how commercially inept Venkys have been since they took over - it is as if they have attempted to be bad on purpose.

Strip the club back to the bare bones no matter what happens on the outside. Let it drop somewhere then fester for a few years then start to build it back up in your own er...'mold' !

Surely this can't be the case ?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been posted

Venky’s to use Rovers to push poultry products in England

MD says by next year, the firm will launch its poultry products in England under the Venky’s brand

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/NJMhvQZvGuHo6IO8l7Ms1O/Venkys-to-use-Rovers-to-push-poultry-products-in-England.html

"One of two things happen in a match : win or lose".

Factually incorrect and another moronic quote from the master.

I can only give one comparison and that is Bjørn Rune Gjelsten and Kjell Inge Røkke whome ripped Wimbledon FC apart. They were the football owners from hell. What is very strand though is that they are considered one of the best business men in Norway. They are also very influential with Molde FK who as many know have Solskjær as manager and are looking to win the title second year in a row.

Its very strange how they could fail miserably as they did with Wimbledon.

I can only give one comparison and that is Bjørn Rune Gjelsten and Kjell Inge Røkke whome ripped Wimbledon FC apart. They were the football owners from hell. What is very strand though is that they are considered one of the best business men in Norway. They are also very influential with Molde FK who as many know have Solskjær as manager and are looking to win the title second year in a row.

Its very strange how they could fail miserably as they did with Wimbledon.

Is it a culture thing? I am sure it is with Venkys, they treat most of their employees differntly in India, dont encourage any suggestions, however good they may be, treat them as dissent and nobody knows better than Venkys!

Not sure if this has been posted

Venky's to use Rovers to push poultry products in England

MD says by next year, the firm will launch its poultry products in England under the Venky's brand

http://www.livemint....in-England.html

First thing they should do is open a store in Burnley, they'd make a killing. Maybe advertise their chicken as five finger lickin' good. The locals would have a great evening in, washing down their chicken with what surely must be one of their last bottles of Trelleborg.

Is it a culture thing? I am sure it is with Venkys, they treat most of their employees differntly in India, dont encourage any suggestions, however good they may be, treat them as dissent and nobody knows better than Venkys!

I have no idea, but I have been thinking about it. They are really consideres as very good business men and even "run" a football club with success in Norway. However their fail at Wimbledon was epic.

Archived