BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

The club really sounds like a poisoned well at the moment.

Decent, fit players inexplicably overlooked, the fans split into splinter groups and getting fractious with each other, no new back-room team, even though at least one of them should be dropped like a hot potato. The team is still suffering from a lack of decent pre-season work, the goal-keeper's a fat potato who has visible weaknesses the opposition can exploit, the only centre-backs we pick couldn't defend to save their lives. The centre midfield isn't worth a kean. And we have a talented goal-poacher who we can't supply because the rest of the team is gash, but who cost a record fee - with that mone, in the right hands, the rest of the problems could've been resolved and we would actually be much much better off. At the top we have absentee owners whose wealth cannot be determined, but the suspicion remains they don't want to sink any money into the club and would rather let us rot, and whose representative here who is charged with making the decisions is a star-struck moron who won't take a decision that affects the club if it would be a problem for his ego.

We're disunited and the problems just won't go away ... people who are saying the squad is good enough to be top two are just off in la-la land. I would wager that any transfers in in January would have to be paid for with transfer receipts and since we have a squad that's full of crap, I can't see much money being generated. One thing worth bearing in mind, is that if venky's won't put teh money in to fund a new back-room team, they sure as hell won't be funding any new purchases.

We're past the tipping point now, and other managers will know about our gaping weaknesses that can be easily exploited so our form will continue to tail off, and yes, even relegation is a possibility. Promotion most certainly is not. The question that needs to be answered is what will Venky's do? I also think if we got relegated again they would sell up, hopefully they would just give it up as a bad job and not ask for stupid money, but they're so retarded they might.

Would I take a second relegation if it meant being rid of Venky's? Yes, I most definitely would.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lack of leadership and togetherness was highlighted a bit for me last night when Lowe tangled with Bellamy. Half the Cardiff team rounded on him and non of our lot wanted to know until Etuhu strolled up and did a bit of finger wagging. There's no all for one-one for all mentality that's for sure, no team spirit to speak of. They may all be mates and get on but that's it, they just turn up go through the motions, play for themselves, get paid, go home.

The club needs to answer this question, if he has health/fitness issues then fair enough, but to just leave our best defender(by a mile) on the bench with no explanation is just going to raise more suspicion.(also the absence of our classiest senior player Gomes is also dubious)

These are the kinds of things BRAG should be trying to get there pal Shebby to address.

I agree these are the things we should seek clarity on and i did so personally yesterday morning.

Gael Givet is fully fit and is on the bench due to the managers choice. Grant Hanley and Scott Dann are keeping him out of the team.

Nuno Gomes however is not fit.

• Moderation Lead

The club really sounds like a poisoned well at the moment.

Decent, fit players inexplicably overlooked, the fans split into splinter groups and getting fractious with each other, no new back-room team, even though at least one of them should be dropped like a hot potato. The team is still suffering from a lack of decent pre-season work, the goal-keeper's a fat potato who has visible weaknesses the opposition can exploit, the only centre-backs we pick couldn't defend to save their lives. The centre midfield isn't worth a kean. And we have a talented goal-poacher who we can't supply because the rest of the team is gash, but who cost a record fee - with that mone, in the right hands, the rest of the problems could've been resolved and we would actually be much much better off. At the top we have absentee owners whose wealth cannot be determined, but the suspicion remains they don't want to sink any money into the club and would rather let us rot, and whose representative here who is charged with making the decisions is a star-struck moron who won't take a decision that affects the club if it would be a problem for his ego.

We're disunited and the problems just won't go away ... people who are saying the squad is good enough to be top two are just off in la-la land. I would wager that any transfers in in January would have to be paid for with transfer receipts and since we have a squad that's full of crap, I can't see much money being generated. One thing worth bearing in mind, is that if venky's won't put teh money in to fund a new back-room team, they sure as hell won't be funding any new purchases.

We're past the tipping point now, and other managers will know about our gaping weaknesses that can be easily exploited so our form will continue to tail off, and yes, even relegation is a possibility. Promotion most certainly is not. The question that needs to be answered is what will Venky's do? I also think if we got relegated again they would sell up, hopefully they would just give it up as a bad job and not ask for stupid money, but they're so retarded they might.

Would I take a second relegation if it meant being rid of Venky's? Yes, I most definitely would.

If last night's form continues, we might have to.

I agree these are the things we should seek clarity on and i did so personally yesterday morning.

Gael Givet is fully fit and is on the bench due to the managers choice. Grant Hanley and Scott Dann are keeping him out of the team.

Then something isn't right. Neither of those two are fit to lace Givet's boots, never mind replace him!!!!

Oh dear oh dear. I can't for the life of me believe Berg is leaving out Givet when the team keeps leaking goals and most of the time either Dann or Hanley are soley responsible. He makes changes in other areas so it's very suspicious again that he would just leave out a fully fit Givet. I for one am not having that !

Didn't go last night, mate text me before the game saying Marcus Ollsen was starting the game. He simply isn't good enough and let's face it he's not alone.

Hopefully Henning is trying a few new things and just getting a feel for the squad, because picking players like M Ollsen, he'll soon lose the fans.

I did not even hear his name the while of the first half, did not know he was actually playing until he was subbed. SOme very poor personal performances out there last night. Is Berg really picking this team? Hanley and Dann personally responsible for what 3 goals? and Robbo just can not get down nearly quick enough. I am floored with this result, so much for the excelent weeks training.

Are we 100% sure?

Something stinks! There must be a reason why 2 managers have failed to pick our better players. We are persisting with playing kean poor players throughout the team.

Can't see me attending for quite a while, falling out of love with the game in a major way, not just rovers but football in general

It finally seems like others are catching on to what I've said for a couple of games now. I just don't believe Berg is that dumb, to continue to make the same errors of judgement when it comes to team selection. Givet 's absence is most baffling when you look at the show put on by our two current central defenders.

Sadly I think some will. After all, he is 'talking' to them. Even if what he says is bull.

So back in March you was berating us for not "talking" to people at the club

Now you criticise us for talking

Stop changing your opinion to suit your agenda and give it up. We heard you the first thousand times mate

So back in March you was berating us for not "talking" to people at the club

Now you criticise us for talking

Stop changing your opinion to suit your agenda and give it up. We heard you the first thousand times mate

I do not believe you are being told the truth from those with in the club.

Earlier in the season, these same sub-standard performances scored flukey victories and points. They've now dried up, as we all - deep down - knew they would. Truly this is a shocking squad of players on monstrous wages. I don't know where Berg goes from here, but due to our chronic lack of wide players, maybe playing 5-3-2 would be a possibility.

The lack of leadership and togetherness was highlighted a bit for me last night when Lowe tangled with Bellamy. Half the Cardiff team rounded on him and non of our lot wanted to know until Etuhu strolled up and did a bit of finger wagging. There's no all for one-one for all mentality that's for sure, no team spirit to speak of. They may all be mates and get on but that's it, they just turn up go through the motions, play for themselves, get paid, go home.

Absolutely bang on. And who's fault is it if the players don't care? Their lack of quality might be able to be blamed on Kean, but their lack of attitude is solely Berg's responsibility.

The whole thing last night was a sorry, depressing spectacle. The stands were empty, the fans were silent apart from a minority trying to start arguments with each other, the team was spineless, the tactics were non-existent and we were walloped by a team our fringe players would have beaten under Allardyce.

We've fallen a long way and are still falling at an alarming rate, god knows what state the club will be in 2 years from now.

My patience with Berg has run out. Ok he's not the grinning chimpanzee previously in charge but the team has frankly made next to no improvement since his arrival and last night highlighted just how far behind the leading teams in the Championship this outfit is. The defence remains an utter mess and the lack of dynamism and bite in midfield is alarming.

There is absolutely no chance this side will be promoted on current form and I'd suggest that the club will remain in the wilderness until Venky's sell up to someone with a modicum of competence and sanity.

He's fit and available for selection but not being selected.

IF, and it's a big IF in my opinion that this is the truth ( not doubting what your telling us Mark, more who has told you) then we're in even bigger trouble than we thought with Berg at the helm if he thinks Givet and Simon aren't good enough to play with this rabble.

Cryer on twitter "I didn't, but a production error meant wrong marks went in. I gave five 3s and six fours"

Thanks for that, the report is pretty scathing yet the marks suggest we played well.

Was it a 'production error' though or the paper not wanting to upset those at the club?

Archived