BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

We are 15 points off 1st, 12 points off 2nd, 9 points off 3rd & 4th, 8 points off 5th and yes, 4 points off 6th.

You could say we are now fighting for 6th spot only and, as things stand, we might as well be trying to put Shebby on the moon !

Mercerman 9n your sig it's a tad harsh counting Palace as one of Bergs games considering he'd only been here a day or two and wasn't technically in charge

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats what I don't get, why are we playing hoofball again? Why are we not pressing like we were? We're seemingly getting worse, not better?!?!

This is true. From the last 20 min v Palace when Rochina came on we started passing and moving and closing down, ie. pressing far up the pitch. We did this c Peterborough and another match, after which only 20 min per match. We have reverted to hoofball and dropping deep and inviting opposition to attack. How can Berg let this happen?

Well well well. I watched the game on tv last night and what I witnessed left me astounded.

Henning Berg when will you begin to learn to send a team out witht he right mentality, a formation to work within, a team with a plan, a team that can defend as one and a team that can take the game forward to the opposition rather than always play on the back foot ? The selection you sent out last night was lacking in everything epitomised by the lack of forethought and by the way, a team seriously lob sided and with no pride or passion for the shirt they wore.

Let me begin with my view on certain players.

Robinson - seriously overweight. His problem is that his weight stops him from getting off the ground and he drops like a sandbag to the shot on the floor. He is the root of Rovers defensive problems.

Hanley/Dann - woefully inept. Neither put in a shift and neither deserved their wages. Dann has 1 good game then reverts to type. For him to benefit he needs Givet alongside him.

Ethuhu - just what did he bring to the game last ight apart from chaos ? Shocking lack of effort from a journeyman.

Lowe - I am not having that he just a young lad, this player brings nothing to the team. Mistakes lead to goals. He cant head he cant jump he cant tackle and he CANNOT drive the team forward which is what is required from a central midfielder. His inability to pass forward is wreaking havoc on the defence talking of which his inabilities show that there is no outball from the back 4 and a lack of through ball to the forwards.

Formica - a plus side is that his work ethic is unquestionable. His finishing is erratic.

King - I like the look of this lad but he is not a centre forward.

Marcus ollson - what exactly did he do last night or in training to deserve to start ? truly a shocking player and out of his depth.

Rhodes - I feel sorry for the lad, yet again no service and no support. Playing up front alone with the hoof ball of Robinson, Dann and Hanley he was easily shunted aside by the Cardiff defence.

I am not sure what CKR has to do in order to start games, the same with Simon. There is no doubt his introduction improved output going forward however lets not forget there were other players who simply negated the efforts this lad put in.

Tactics - first half there was nothing in place, better in the second however at that point we had CKR playing.

Plan B or C ? Nothing evident.

Defensive tactics - non existant.

Control, passing, effort, pride, organisation - non existant.

Crossing - absolutely atrocious.

HB has a basic lesson to learn, he must know by now that certain players cannot be relied on. He must realise that we are now out of the promotion race and he must now recognise that he needs to have a clear out. There are some seriously good players available in the Premiership as loanee players and we need a central midfielder or 2. We need to offload Robinson and to bring in Jake Kean in order to develop him. Hanley needs replacing by Givet. Rhodes needs help up front and assistance.

Hendry needs releiving of his duties, Brunskill needs replacing whilst HB himself needs to look at his own performance.

I am not convinced that Rovers are equipped to reach the top 10 this season and I am reiterating my stance of keeping away from Ewood on a match by match basis until there is radical changes. In fact I think the next time I might venture to Ewood is for the Leeds game followed by the Burnley/Blackpool games.

Shabby, you live and die by results, these set of result are truly shocking and you must realise that HB may well be seriously out of his depth with these players.

Its time to change or ship out.

Well well well. I watched the game on tv last night and what I witnessed left me astounded.

Henning Berg when will you begin to learn to send a team out witht he right mentality, a formation to work within, a team with a plan, a team that can defend as one and a team that can take the game forward to the opposition rather than always play on the back foot ? The selection you sent out last night was lacking in everything epitomised by the lack of forethought and by the way, a team seriously lob sided and with no pride or passion for the shirt they wore.

Let me begin with my view on certain players.

Robinson - seriously overweight. His problem is that his weight stops him from getting off the ground and he drops like a sandbag to the shot on the floor. He is the root of Rovers defensive problems.

Hanley/Dann - woefully inept. Neither put in a shift and neither deserved their wages. Dann has 1 good game then reverts to type. For him to benefit he needs Givet alongside him.

Ethuhu - just what did he bring to the game last ight apart from chaos ? Shocking lack of effort from a journeyman.

Lowe - I am not having that he just a young lad, this player brings nothing to the team. Mistakes lead to goals. He cant head he cant jump he cant tackle and he CANNOT drive the team forward which is what is required from a central midfielder. His inability to pass forward is wreaking havoc on the defence talking of which his inabilities show that there is no outball from the back 4 and a lack of through ball to the forwards.

Formica - a plus side is that his work ethic is unquestionable. His finishing is erratic.

King - I like the look of this lad but he is not a centre forward.

Marcus ollson - what exactly did he do last night or in training to deserve to start ? truly a shocking player and out of his depth.

Rhodes - I feel sorry for the lad, yet again no service and no support. Playing up front alone with the hoof ball of Robinson, Dann and Hanley he was easily shunted aside by the Cardiff defence.

I am not sure what CKR has to do in order to start games, the same with Simon. There is no doubt his introduction improved output going forward however lets not forget there were other players who simply negated the efforts this lad put in.

Tactics - first half there was nothing in place, better in the second however at that point we had CKR playing.

Plan B or C ? Nothing evident.

Defensive tactics - non existant.

Control, passing, effort, pride, organisation - non existant.

Crossing - absolutely atrocious.

HB has a basic lesson to learn, he must know by now that certain players cannot be relied on. He must realise that we are now out of the promotion race and he must now recognise that he needs to have a clear out. There are some seriously good players available in the Premiership as loanee players and we need a central midfielder or 2. We need to offload Robinson and to bring in Jake Kean in order to develop him. Hanley needs replacing by Givet. Rhodes needs help up front and assistance.

Hendry needs releiving of his duties, Brunskill needs replacing whilst HB himself needs to look at his own performance.

I am not convinced that Rovers are equipped to reach the top 10 this season and I am reiterating my stance of keeping away from Ewood on a match by match basis until there is radical changes. In fact I think the next time I might venture to Ewood is for the Leeds game followed by the Burnley/Blackpool games.

Shabby, you live and die by results, these set of result are truly shocking and you must realise that HB may well be seriously out of his depth with these players.

Its time to change or ship out.

I don't care what happened after the tackle but the tackle itself was idiotic and pointless and ultimately played a huge part in handing them the lead

I still haven't seen anything to suggest Jason Lowe can contribute anything to the team that anyone who can run around couldn't

Lets not forget Ethuhu totally losing the man he was supposed to be marking - which played more of a part in the goal than Lowe ever did.

I really don't get the stick that Lowe gets - though by no means a world beater there is more to his game than running about. However - if that is all he did, it is an improvement on large parts of the team. The thing that is desperately missing (which may be partly done to confidence) is movement off the ball - and whatever you say about Lowe he is always on the ball trying to make angles to recieve passes and he always puts in 110% - if the rest of the team did the same we would be in a far better position.

Though endevour is only a part of being a footballer - when one of our players that came through the acadamy who always puts in the effort gets stick rather than support I find it very disappointing. He does the best with the talent he was given - if the team was playing well, he is the type of player that would just help the team gel (the type of player every team needs - watercarrier as Cantona dubbed on of his international collegues)

The club needs to answer this question, if he has health/fitness issues then fair enough, but to just leave our best defender(by a mile) on the bench with no explanation is just going to raise more suspicion.(also the absence of our classiest senior player Gomes is also dubious)

These are the kinds of things BRAG should be trying to get there pal Shebby to address.

These are questions that the LT should be asking and pursuing with full vigor. No fobbing off and daft excuses; just a full and truthful explanation will suffice!

I think this is a great point and i said the same as it happened. It was a bad tackle by Lowe and I'm not entirely sure why he stood over Bellamy shouting. However he was immediately surrounded by 4-5 Cardiff players shoving him. Where were his teammates to back him up? He was isolated.

I'm not suggesting every rovers player should have gone charging over and caused a mass riot. A bit of solidarity wouldn't have gone amiss though.

I think this incident symbolises two important flaws this rovers squad currently have. Firstly a lack of team spirit; a dearth of 'in the trenches' mentality.

Secondly we haven't got anybody with a modicum of presence whom opposition players would be frightened of. Look at the better teams in this league. They have some tough, strong and big players. Leaders. Danny Shittu of Millwall springs to mind.

These qualities are what teams need to get out of this league. It's a tough physical league. Arguably one of the toughest, most physical in the world?

Once upon a time, not so long ago, we had team spirit and hard players in abundance...

Who remembers when that oink ran on at turf moor in 2005 with his garden gloves and went towards Savage? Within seconds Steven Reid, Ryan Nelsen and Lucas Niell were towering above him, and suddenly the weasel looked scared! This is an example of what this current outfit is lacking.

If you saw the replay on telly Bellamy gives him an elbow to the face while they are on the ground. I thought the ref was Cardiff biased most the night . Before you start I am NOT saying that's why we lost.

So whats going on here ? If you have it recorded watch in the 57 min Berg goes over and is "spoken to"

bth_004-Copy.jpg?t=1355114376

Is that Brunskill? Is he now the evil ringmaster?

More likely he spotted something and wanted to bring Berg's attention to it.

If you saw the replay on telly Bellamy gives him an elbow to the face while they are on the ground. I thought the ref was Cardiff biased most the night . Before you start I am NOT saying that's why we lost.

Like David Brent suggests what we have now is a set of soft lads that are easily bullied, which implies there will be plenty more defeats ahead this coming season with the squad as it stands.

• Moderation Lead

Oh please Phillip do not just post something like that and not elaborate. Emotions are running high as it is without more bullsh#t.

What now, Kean is actually wearing a Brunskill mask?

Fancy that, Philipl dangling a carrot.....

Well my new unfounded optimism of a rovers 3-1 win was well and truly crushed inside the first 45 mins. Still over half the season to go including a transfer window, hopefully Berg's own back room staff are brought in and he gets to choose his own board of Directors (that's how it works isn't it ? ) , automatic promotion - not a chance , play offs possibly, relegation - no chance, between 11th and 7th - probably.

So whats going on here ? If you have it recorded watch in the 57 min Berg goes over and is "spoken to"

bth_004-Copy.jpg?t=1355114376

nice to have a manager listening to his coaching staff and possibly taking it onboard, instead of not listening and an image of a dancing monkey with cash in one hand and a bottle of bud in the other popping into his head.

Archived