BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

Thanks for that, the report is pretty scathing yet the marks suggest we played well.

Was it a 'production error' though or the paper not wanting to upset those at the club?

It's happened a couple of times now and he's been on twitter saying the same thing. Sometimes wonder if there is some Burnley mischeif making goes on at the LT lol

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

How the hell has Cryer marked Hanley, Dann, Lowe and Markus Olsson 7 apiece in the LT?

Absolutely baffling.

A production error? Not toeing the LT's party line as to not upset anyone at the club is more like it I imagine!!

So back in March you was berating us for not "talking" to people at the club

Now you criticise us for talking

Stop changing your opinion to suit your agenda and give it up. We heard you the first thousand times mate

Seems like its more listening and nodding than actual constructive conversations, you're basically just acting as amateur reporters(and your not even getting paid for it ;) ).

The lack of leadership and togetherness was highlighted a bit for me last night when Lowe tangled with Bellamy. Half the Cardiff team rounded on him and non of our lot wanted to know until Etuhu strolled up and did a bit of finger wagging. There's no all for one-one for all mentality that's for sure, no team spirit to speak of. They may all be mates and get on but that's it, they just turn up go through the motions, play for themselves, get paid, go home.

I think this is a great point and i said the same as it happened. It was a bad tackle by Lowe and I'm not entirely sure why he stood over Bellamy shouting. However he was immediately surrounded by 4-5 Cardiff players shoving him. Where were his teammates to back him up? He was isolated.

I'm not suggesting every rovers player should have gone charging over and caused a mass riot. A bit of solidarity wouldn't have gone amiss though.

I think this incident symbolises two important flaws this rovers squad currently have. Firstly a lack of team spirit; a dearth of 'in the trenches' mentality.

Secondly we haven't got anybody with a modicum of presence whom opposition players would be frightened of. Look at the better teams in this league. They have some tough, strong and big players. Leaders. Danny Shittu of Millwall springs to mind.

These qualities are what teams need to get out of this league. It's a tough physical league. Arguably one of the toughest, most physical in the world?

Once upon a time, not so long ago, we had team spirit and hard players in abundance...

Who remembers when that oink ran on at turf moor in 2005 with his garden gloves and went towards Savage? Within seconds Steven Reid, Ryan Nelsen and Lucas Niell were towering above him, and suddenly the weasel looked scared! This is an example of what this current outfit is lacking.

I think this is a great point and i said the same as it happened. It was a bad tackle by Lowe and I'm not entirely sure why he stood over Bellamy shouting. However he was immediately surrounded by 4-5 Cardiff players shoving him. Where were his teammates to back him up? He was isolated.

I'm not suggesting every rovers player should have gone charging over and caused a mass riot. A bit of solidarity wouldn't have gone amiss though.

I think this incident symbolises two important flaws this rovers squad currently have. Firstly a lack of team spirit; a dearth of 'in the trenches' mentality.

Secondly we haven't got anybody with a modicum of presence whom opposition players would be frightened of. Look at the better teams in this league. They have some tough, strong and big players. Leaders. Danny Shittu of Millwall springs to mind.

These qualities are what teams need to get out of this league. It's a tough physical league. Arguably one of the toughest, most physical in the world?

Once upon a time, not so long ago, we had team spirit and hard players in abundance...

Who remembers when that oink ran on at turf moor in 2005 with his garden gloves and went towards Savage? Within seconds Steven Reid, Ryan Nelsen and Lucas Niell were towering above him, and suddenly the weasel looked scared! This is an example of what this current outfit is lacking.

Agree 100% and the same to Tomphil, no fight for each other no outright leader, like a band of mercenaries all out for themselves.

• Backroom

Down to 14th right now, Burnley win at Forest and it will be fifteenth.

PS@ Ipswich now just two wins behind us.

Ipswich will be above us before long. Currently doing what we couldn't do and beating Millwall at home. Which is baffling as many on here said as Millwall were a "form team" it was OK to lose to them.

Just remember what Berg has not done yet. Given away senior professionals who couldn't cut it in the Premier league.

Breaks my heart that Ryan Nelsen walked up to the QPR fans a few minutes ago and threw his shirt to them. a true leader and God knows we need a few of them at the moment

Just remember what Berg has not done yet. Given away senior professionals who couldn't cut it in the Premier league.

Breaks my heart that Ryan Nelsen walked up to the QPR fans a few minutes ago and threw his shirt to them. a true leader and God knows we need a few of them at the moment

Looking around the team, not many contenders for captain.

Time to play this eleven:

Robinson

Henley, Dann, Givet, Olsson

Vukcevic, Dunn or Murphy, Lowe, King or Kazim

Gomes, Rochina or Best when fit, Rhodes

Here we have a more balanced team. Lowe can do the backtracking and Dunn or Murphy spread the balls. Gomes or Rochina just behind Rhodes feeding him the balls.

I think this is the best formation we can have at the moment. But if we had a class midfelder ala Palacios with Murphy or Dunn.

To sign Mikael Silvestre would had been nice. He is a class defender even if 35. He would take Danns place, Silvestre is a leader and is available.

Remarkably still only 4 points outside the play off places.

We are 15 points off 1st, 12 points off 2nd, 9 points off 3rd & 4th, 8 points off 5th and yes, 4 points off 6th.

You could say we are now fighting for 6th spot only and, as things stand, we might as well be trying to put Shebby on the moon !

We are 15 points off 1st, 12 points off 2nd, 9 points off 3rd & 4th, 8 points off 5th and yes, 4 points off 6th.

You could say we are now fighting for 6th spot only and, as things stand, we might as well be trying to put Shebby on the moon !

Ha ha ha!!! What a great idea. Then he will be there physically as well as metaphorically :-)

I think this is a great point and i said the same as it happened. It was a bad tackle by Lowe and I'm not entirely sure why he stood over Bellamy shouting.

Lowe had just been charged in the back and pushed over presumably by Bellamy. The ref did nothing. Lowe lost his cool and chased after his assailant, fouled him and shouted at him.

Lowe would never have received a yellow card if the ref had done his job properly. Too many of our players were being fouled at that stage of the game and the biased ref played on every time.

• Backroom

Lowe had just been charged in the back and pushed over presumably by Bellamy. The ref did nothing. Lowe lost his cool and chased after his assailant, fouled him and shouted at him.

Lowe would never have received a yellow card if the ref had done his job properly. Too many of our players were being fouled at that stage of the game and the biased ref played on every time.

It was a borderline foul by Bellamy but Lowe was idiotic, firstly he knew where Bellamy was and let him close him down then spat his dummy out and dived in for no reason

He cost us that goal and for me was the worst player on the pitch

We remember the Rhodes 'foul' but let's not forget that some refs would have show a red to our player (Dann or Hanley) early on, in fact the ref put his whistle to his mouth then looked at the linesman and changed his mind

It was a borderline foul by Bellamy but Lowe was idiotic, firstly he knew where Bellamy was and let him close him down then spat his dummy out and dived in for no reason

Bellamy (deliberately?) elbowed Lowe in the face as he fell after being fouled, that's why Lowe took exception to it.

• Backroom

I don't care what happened after the tackle but the tackle itself was idiotic and pointless and ultimately played a huge part in handing them the lead

I still haven't seen anything to suggest Jason Lowe can contribute anything to the team that anyone who can run around couldn't

Archived