BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting exchange on Twitter between Nick Harris of Sporting Intelligence and Jeff Weston of SEM:

sportingintelligence@sportingintel

@jeffnorthlondon Take my #Rovers-themed Xmas quiz. 12 Qs. £10 to charity for each correct answer. AND u can phone a friend, or lawyer. OK?

.@jeffnorthlondon No answer to original Q is telling, Jeff. How much did you / SEM making from Steve Kean's appointment as #Roversmanager?

Hopefully Harris has managed to find some dirt on SEM/Venky's and is willing to spill the beans.

I hope they get the appointment right.

Venkys need to appoint a competent, experienced, winning manager. Venkys need to get Shaw, Agnew and Singh completely out of the manager's hair; no hints, suggestions or any other input on training, team selection or tactics. Venkys need to vest the new manager with 100% complete, unequivocal authority over all transfer and coaching appointments.

Venkys won't do it, so I suspect we're toast.

Say it is McDonald with Shabby as DoF, then even he would sense the uproar surely? Berg was a compromise, what an earth would McDonald be?

I honestly don't know but I know if I was a player down at Ewood these days I'd be asking my agent to find me a new club ASAP

in a way I feel sorry for HB it was a way back into football which has gone horribly wrong most likely through other peoples interfering in team affairs

Depending on the appointment, and until anything is official we need to wait & see, but are we ready for a full on onslaught of Shebby Singh? The visible face of the owners - should be hounded out of town and made never to feel welcome.

I honestly don't know but I know if I was a player down at Ewood these days I'd be asking my agent to find me a new club ASAP

in a way I feel sorry for HB it was a way back into football which has gone horribly wrong most likely through other peoples interfering in team affairs

HB should have listened to his own advice. Didn't he say only a few months ago that anyone coming manage Rovers must be mad.

Well now he has had a first hand insight into the asylum.

Kevin Mcdonald now odds on at 4/9 to become the next manager...

I shouldn't read too much into the market. It's very small and as soon as a website comes up with any rumours the odds will rapidly fall.

His odds are a retort to the Nixon story. Don't think Nixon called the Berg deal in advance did he? Had plenty of other names though.

If he did get the job the reply from Rovers fans would surely see Shebby out of a job and Venkys feel the wrath!

It's the Cryer/Kamy talk that worries me.

Seems like they're going to do something monumentally stupid.

Anything short of a well known authoritarian manager and it will be clear SS is pulling the strings.

more conspirisy thoughts...someone just said on twitter a permanent manager is only permanent after 10 games. Imagine somewhere on the sub continent lobbing say 100k on berg at first odds of say 100/1 and then getting money for payout .Big wedge and then he goes. Similar to rumour of sam going at 33/1.

not saying or accusing but makes you think what could happen,easily.

hmm .... could it just be OGS or TS ....

how does OGS difer from Berg .No championship/prem expereince .

I have a feeling the wankys are going to go 3 for 3 in insane appointments,

I shouldn't read too much into the market. It's very small and as soon as a website comes up with any rumours the odds will rapidly fall.

His odds are a retort to the Nixon story. Don't think Nixon called the Berg deal in advance did he? Had plenty of other names though.

If he did get the job the reply from Rovers fans would surely see Shebby out of a job and Venkys feel the wrath!

ronaldiniho having talks. ;)

Did you expect anything else Sambo? I fully expect Venkys to mess this up. No idea why they just won't appoint a proper manager I have no idea. Presumably its because Shebby wants to have some serious influence.

Sadly, I didn't.

The way Shebby and co have handled this whole sorry affair couldn't have contrasted any more with Berg's dignified statement.

Berg never had a chance here, especially with that muppet running things - I wish him all the best and don't feel as though his reputation has at all been tarnished. This awful season will be remembered in history as the year Kean, Shebby and Venky's all contrived to further damage a once proud club.

Did you expect anything else Sambo? I fully expect Venkys to mess this up. No idea why they just won't appoint a proper manager I have no idea. Presumably its because Shebby wants to have some serious influence.

of course you have more than an idea why !

Because they can't afford a to appoint a proper manager.

They don't understand that it's sort of a necessity to have a proper manager.

To them it's just a waste of a considerable sum of money.

Forget the January transfer window... The Sales are on and we will be delving into the bargin basement...

NEXT

You just wonder if Berg's short time in charge, has proved to them that their original idea of having a coach in charge - with agents/SS providing the players, was really the right way to go - hence the two coaches appointed first.

Kean MK2 could very well be on his way.

Archived