BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whilst Singh is at Rovers - any manager will find the job dificult. Whilst venkys own Rovers - we have no hope. Unless they have a complete change on how they do things - but I cannot see them doing so.
Rock and a hard place PAFELL.

When they finally kean off we will be in dire straits financially.

A city club can afford the mistakes and has the fanbase to bounce back. We won't be a Leeds, City (pre-Frank), Forest or even a Sheffield club.

When Venkys go we will be competing with Stanley - if we're lucky.

EDIT:

Shebby Singh now at 22/1 on Skybet.

Well done dumbkeans - self-fulfilling prophesy about to come true.

Rock and a hard place PAFELL.

When they finally kean off we will be in dire straits financially.

A city club can afford the mistakes and has the fanbase to bounce back. We won't be a Leeds, City (pre-Frank), Forest or even a Sheffield club.

When Venkys go we will be competing with Stanley - if we're lucky.

EDIT:

Shebby Singh now at 22/1 on Skybet.

Well done dumbkeans - self-fulfilling prophesy about to come true.

This is sad reading, but it's even more sad that it's very true. We simply won't survive a long spell in the Football League. The economics of it are pretty depressing.

Well. I'm not jumping on the bandwaggon......yet!! They have cleared the decks, something they should've done ages ago.

Now, did they do it because they're learning how things are done, i.e. bring in a proven, new management team in time for transfer window?

I will await the appointment before I pass judgement.

Please be Hughes and Co. ........ I can dream!!

• Backroom

It shows how much of a joke we are that Shebby Singh is in the 20's in terms of odds ffs.

More and more convinced that we're going to get a "head coach" in MacDonald and that Shebby will become the manager in all but name. Sickening to think about.

Just because he is included in the betting of one of the bookmakers doesn't mean he is in with any chance of getting it, calm down a bit.
The odds shortening fuel the rumours, the rumours shorten the odds.

Before you know it he's 3/1 and everyone starts to come to terms with the idea - including Venkys.

He should be nowhere near a bookies chalkboard!

I'm calm - just.

The fact coaches are lined up means one of two things to me.

Either

We have a manager lined up, and this is his backroom team (possibly a decent plan, dependant on the choice)

Or

We have new coaches and are awaiting a new puppet manager

The second one scares me with just days to go to another transfer window.

To be fair I'm usually fairly positive but I have zero confidence that this appointment will turn out well.

True but I don't think even our current owners are daft enough to appoint Singh as manager. Although I have to say Ronald McDonald wouldn't be much better.

The one thing that gives me mild encouragement is that Black and Co have gone which should have happened when Kean left. Perhaps Balaji is getting a trifle more concerned about his "investment " and is taking a more hands on approach.

Could Hughes and his team be persuaded to work under the current regime? I can't think of any other option which really appeals at the moment. Despite Sparky's recent record.

Definite no to Souness. The guy hasn't managed for six years and has been terrible for most of his career. He did well with us, though when we got promoted we were the best squad in the league (better than Fulham) and he was in a managerial purple patch.

Don't think he'd do a good job now though.

He'd get rid of the deadweight and instill some dicipline which is something our current lot is sorely lacking. He'll also give young players a chance when they deserve it. Other than that he's a character I like and I wish he'd grow his 'stache back :D

True but I don't think even our current owners are daft enough to appoint Singh as manager. Although I have to say Ronald McDonald wouldn't be much better.

The one thing that gives me mild encouragement is that Black and Co have gone which should have happened when Kean left. Perhaps Balaji is getting a trifle more concerned about his "investment " and is taking a more hands on approach.

Could Hughes and his team be persuaded to work under the current regime? I can't think of any other option which really appeals at the moment. Despite Sparky's recent record.

If Balaji is concerned why the F*** does he let Singh anywhere near his investment ?

as for MH we can only dream

I would take anyone as long as @#/?wit singh, @#/?wit agnew and @#/?wit shaw all bit the bullet and admitted that they are just simple @#/?wits.

if venkys removed these three @#/?wits and appointed a real football club manager then I would be a little happier.

Very disillusioned at the way Rovers are run these days.

I would take anyone as long as @#/?wit singh, @#/?wit agnew and @#/?wit shaw all bit the bullet and admitted that they are just simple @#/?wits.

Serious question: Does anyone know what Agnew actually does on a day to day bsis?

It didnt actually sound like he had any real input into the managerial selection process when Berg was appointed, it sounded like Singh and Shaw were the ones doing all the running around.

As far as the PR side is concerned rightly or wrongly Singh appears to be the Public face of Blackburn Rovers currently.

So what does Agnew actually do?

I find it interesting - under JW we took a chance on an up and coming manager in Ince - it was a mistake that he rectified by bringing in an experienced manager to steady the ship. Venky's took a chance on Kean - then took a chance on Berg - surely they now realise we need an experienced manager and not take another gamble

• Backroom
I find it interesting - under JW we took a chance on an up and coming manager in Ince - it was a mistake that he rectified by bringing in an experienced manager to steady the ship. Venky's took a chance on Kean - then took a chance on Berg - surely they now realise we need an experienced manager and not take another gamble

Bit of a difference between the two in terms of knowledge and common sense though, isn't there?

I can't help wondering what Venky's do when they appoint a numbnuts to "manage" some other part of their business - do they let that person bumble on, making mistakes; or do they fire them as soon as that person's incompetence has become manifest and replace them with someone who knows what they are doing?

Interesting exchange on twitter between Nick Harris and Jeff Weston from

SEM who was just tweeted - If the fans hadn't forced Kean out we'd have stability and a team heading for promotion FACT.

What a deluded, money grabbing Keant!

Archived