BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Just listened to the radio and heard brag member Fisher saying how we have to have clarity and how we have to have answers! Wrong! We are fans, or maybe BRAG are more than that now.

So, relegation, sacking Allardyce, Sticking with Kean through relegation, appointing an inexperienced manager after that, releasing experienced pro's with no respect, mistreating John Williams and appointing Shebby Singh and you still don't want or feel as if you deserve answers? When someone is right, they're right...

In this case Mr Fish is right.

Jesus.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So berg was fired and we already have a replacment lined up according to numerous sources. This actually means, that ralfinho´s posts quite posssibly coulld be true. The timeline certainly seems to go hand in hand with events. We only need a quick replacement and he´d be 100% correct on this one.

He also said Hughes was lined up and would be at the Riverside. Its not hard to keep saying Berg will go when alot of indicators were pointing in that direction.

So, relegation, sacking Allardyce, Sticking with Kean through relegation, appointing an inexperienced manager after that, releasing experienced pro's with no respect, mistreating John Williams and appointing Shebby Singh and you still don't want or feel as if you deserve answers? When someone is right, they're right...

Jesus.

great post neal.

I'd take Roy Keane in a shot. At least he'd stand-up for himself, would be happy to go public about anything idiotic going on behind the scenes and would put a boot up the backside of some of the lazy players that we have.

Roy Keane does not possess the psychology to be a man manager. Some need a big stick to get the best out of them whilst others need a velvet glove. I feel he might apply the stick and criticism and intolerance to all. It disunites many teams but in the short term it'd do much more good than harm with our bunch of overpaid, lazy arsed underachievers. I'd pay a lot of money to buy tickets to be the fly on the wall when he's pushing Murphy 7/8ths toward a coronary running non stop up and down the pitches at Brockhall.

Prob much cheaper to do a deal and simply send them to train with Wigan Warriors mind.

Jesus.

It's crying over spilt milk though isn't it. Those things have been done and can't be undone and it doesn't really matter now if we found out WHY they did any of them.

Now if BRAG could extract an acknowledgement from the owners that they've made a complete mess of running things so far and a pledge that they will not rest until they right their wrongs (which they stick to) that would be much more helpful.

He also said Hughes was lined up and would be at the Riverside. Its not hard to keep saying Berg will go when alot of indicators were pointing in that direction.

nobody is perfect and no one is right all the time, If a replacement is hired rather quickly, he´d be right this time around. I´d bet you´ve been wrong on numerous occasioins, that doesnt mean everything you say, should be disregarded.

I remember a time, when alot of fans were bending over and taking everything a certain reporter wrote, straight up the ass, but he was wrong so many times and yet people would believe him anyways.

So berg was fired and we already have a replacment lined up according to numerous sources. This actually means, that ralfinho´s posts quite posssibly coulld be true. The timeline certainly seems to go hand in hand with events. We only need a quick replacement and he´d be 100% correct on this one.

Well, as long as it's Hughes!.

Good as he was over the years I still haven't forgiven that John Williams also employed an inexperienced fool as a manager! @#/? knows what his thought processes were when he interviewed and decided on that numpty Paul Ince! He looked pretty sick when he had to continually rescue the goon at that first press conference.

It's crying over spilt milk though isn't it. Those things have been done and can't be undone and it doesn't really matter now if we found out WHY they did any of them.

Now if BRAG could extract an acknowledgement from the owners that they've made a complete mess of running things so far and a pledge that they will not rest until they right their wrongs (which they stick to) that would be much more helpful.

I bet they don't think they've done anything wrong.

According to Nicko, Macdonald to be announced tomorrow and coach will join him I think - Shebby to be DOF in all but name.

The thinking is we are going for experience in terms of an experienced coach and Shebby wants more direct power.

Looking at the last couple of years, you need about 75 points to get in the play offs and 50 to stay up. That means 46 from 23 to get to the top 6 which is basically top of the league form from now on. Can't see that no matter who takes over so let's hope we can pick up the 21 points we need to stay up as going down is the more likely option just now, especially if another bad appointment is made. So hearing that we are appointing 2 coaches with no manager "yet" fills me with complete and utter dread.

Well, as long as it's Hughes!.

He has shared a few rumours, so im not sure if they are all being mixed into one.

In regards to this rumour, i´ve only seen him write that the slumdogs were negotiationg with a replacement and the meeting took place in schwitzerland. As far as i know, he didnt mention a specific manager.

edit: tom its quite possible that he did, if he has done so, i´ve either not seen it or cant remember that i have.I do however remember that he said his wife is hot :xmas:

Roy Keane does not possess the psychology to be a man manager. Some need a big stick to get the best out of them whilst others need a velvet glove. I feel he might apply the stick and criticism and intolerance to all. It disunites many teams but in the short term it'd do much more good than harm with our bunch of overpaid, lazy arsed underachievers. I'd pay a lot of money to buy tickets to be the fly on the wall when he's pushing Murphy 7/8ths toward a coronary running non stop up and down the pitches at Brockhall.

Prob much cheaper to do a deal and simply send them to train with Wigan Warriors mind.

I agree with you re player physiology, some respond to a kick up the arse and a bollocking, some want an arm on the shoulder and encouraging words. Keane only knows method one. First captaincy role I ever had was a failure because I was the same.

According to Nicko, Macdonald to be announced tomorrow and coach will join him I think - Shebby to be DOF in all but name.

The thinking is we are going for experience in terms of an experienced coach and Shebby wants more direct power.

That'll be the time for me to get involved in another interest then. Maybe playing the guitar or do more walking.

What a shambles... well, it was before anyway, but now it's beyond belief!!!

I have a strange gut feeling that they are going to give Shebby Singh the job (although I wonder if he has the required coaching qualifications?).

If they don't It would definitely be a good idea to install an experienced manager, a strong character to deal with the squad and get them playing properly. I somehow doubt this will happen though, as I think that Shebby & the owners will want another "Yes Man".

I listened to the Radio commentary yesterday and I found some of Shebby's comments regarding the players and team selection a little odd, it makes me wonder if there are people other than the manager involved in the team selection, and surely there won't be many managers out there willing to put up with that sort of interference if it was to happen.

Mark Hughes for me, he operates well on low budgets and has the right character, will get us playing with intensity again and also make us hard to beat. We need to steer clear of coaches looking for a break into management, although the idea may be appealing we need someone with experience, we're 2 bad results away from a relegation fight and considering the position we were in before this lot took over, it's an unacceptable situation.

Can we not just get shut of the owners???

I'm sure that all those who apply and are interviewed will be politely given all due consideration and attention and all their respective pro's and con's will be taken into account and then when the final decision is made it will be based on the good old tried and tested mantra as practised since time immemorial on the entire Indian sub continent..... EEEES BETTTA EEEES CHEEEPAH..... MATE.

I have a mental image of Singh sat around a room with the Venkymob in a board meeting. It'll be just like another epsiode of the Kumars at No 42!

• Backroom

It's over if this happens. The club will be dead in all but name.

Seems to reinforce my fears about rovers using the Berg failure to revert to the Kean MK2 scenario whereby agents supply a coach with players.

If this happens, then I really can't see any future for Rovers whatsoever. Fit and proper owners eh?

nobody is perfect and no one is right all the time, If a replacement is hired rather quickly, he´d be right this time around. I´d bet you´ve been wrong on numerous occasioins, that doesnt mean everything you say, should be disregarded.

I remember a time, when alot of fans were bending over and taking everything a certain reporter wrote, straight up the ass, but he was wrong so many times and yet people would believe him anyways.

Indeed, nobody's perfect. However, it did seem odd the way he presented the information yesterday by saying he didn't have time to discuss it as he was partying and then had diarrhea. This wasn't helped by the stolen phone story afterwards.

It's easy to write general statements and then pretend events have corroborated the wide ranging predictions made.

So a hot wife, a couple of rumours, a party, diarrhea and a stolen phone, sounds like a great night out :lol:

well its not easy being specific, especially when it comes to football and i´ll quote the handbag selling journo on this one "things move quickly in the world of football".

Not that i believe everything that is posted, i just thought it to be funny, that he was ridiculed on this one and might end up being right.

Shebby needs to be hounded out of Ewood if this happens

Possible newspaper advert calling for a boycott of a selected Home game?

Archived