BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Just a theory, Shebby wanted to bring in MacDonald and Ali to work with Berg, who told him he didn't want them, so the backroom changes get "postponed" until January. Presumably this is Shebby waiting for Berg to lose another game or two so he can fire the whole lot without it looking sussed? He's presumably hired his two coaches now and is currently trawling the bargain basement for a manager who is desperate enough for work who will slot in as "manager". If he can't find one, MacDonald gets called Head Coach and Shebby gets to play DoF?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will be tomorrow.

Rovers insist that manager search will continue. How the hell can you appoint coaches before a manager? This also rules out Hughes, he only works with his coaching team.

So my earlier prediction of J.Ali as coach with Shebby as director of football is the realistic scenario. I hate to say it but thank god there is the possibility of some experience in there in some capacity in Macdonald. You are quite right i don't see any additional manager appointed this it seems is the Shebby Show and he has seemingly got his wish. In all respects he will be the front of house/ manager/director of sports with the original vision of Venky's of appointing up and coming coaches whilst getting advised on transfers for maximum gain/resale (they got it so wrong with coach Kean though) I wonder who will be advising at transfer level/scouting behind the scenes Shebby or others...seems its taken a while but we are back to Venky's desired model!!!

I also wonder who will be picking the team/deciding tactics!! (although i fear i know the answer).

This was it would seem what Venky's and co' have had in mind for a long time. The Berg model did not/was not made to work. It would seem from this scenario that they don't want an experienced manager with his own philosophy !

The only hope of a token manager is a "Yes" man coach who it would seem would let Shebby and co' run the show-for all purposes bar coaching and from a responsibility level would be irrelevant...

Just a theory, Shebby wanted to bring in MacDonald and Ali to work with Berg, who told him he didn't want them, so the backroom changes get "postponed" until January. Presumably this is Shebby waiting for Berg to lose another game or two so he can fire the whole lot without it looking sussed? He's presumably hired his two coaches now and is currently trawling the bargain basement for a manager who is desperate enough for work who will slot in as "manager". If he can't find one, MacDonald gets called Head Coach and Shebby

gets to play DoF?

Reidy you maybe bang. On Shebby wanted this all along and he's played a blinder to get were he wanted...all the walking round SS tracksuit + muddy boots, Ali shadowing berg, etc

Sky Sports understands Spaniard Gregorio Manzano is interested in the vacant managerial job at Blackburn.

Rovers parted company with Henning Bergspacer.gif on Wednesday following a poor run of results which left the club 17th in the Championship.

Berg had been in the Ewood Park hotseat just 57 days after replacing Steve Kean at the helm in October.

Blackburn are now on the hunt for a new boss and former Real Mallorcaspacer.gif and Atletico Madridspacer.gif manager Manzano is believed to be interested.

It is understood the 56-year-old Spaniard, who has managed a host of clubs in his homeland, has always wanted to manage in England and is keen to speak with Rovers' owners Venky's over the vacant post.

Manzano's last managerial role came at Atletico Madrid before he departed the club 12 months ago.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8363753/

What can possibly be the incentive for Venky's in Rovers missing out on promotion back to the big time? Serious question. Because without exception, every medium - large size decision they have ever made has been to the detriment of the club and the odds say that over this amount of time and given the number of big decisions they have made, they might have made at least one which could be deemed to be something other than a total failure.

I don't mean to be disrespectful and i don't say this to be comical, but some of the decisions Venky's have made seem more appropriate to that of a person suffering some kind of severe mental illness. I just cannot fathom how on earth they have continued to oversee a large scale operation of any type in any region in the world. They are quite simply buffoons.

If this latest one is true, i can only say that reappointing Kean could possibly be the only decision more crazy than letting Singh have take the reigns. Disguise it all you like with MacDonald etc..., but the cold hard truth is that a very poor ex Malaysian pro footballer who built a career around being a controversial TV pundit is now the top man at Rovers and spending the very last money we might have to save the club. I'm disgusted and amazed in equal proportions.

You never know, Venky's might still surprise us and bring in a manager. I have my doubts due to coaches being bought in before a manager but with these guys anything is possible I suppose.

The ship has sailed for them to make a success of this. They need to clear off ASAP. We won't go up this season, we will go down if anything and spend a couple of years in League One...maybe even more.

Ewood will be empty for the forest game.

I'm struggling to put into words how I feel that one of England's oldest and most famous football clubs is being toyed around with by a loopy retired Malaysian 'sunday league' footballer in a tracksuit...

If they appoint another idiotic manager, then I honestly hope that nobody turns up at Ewood Park. It was said before, but forget protests outside of the stadium, forget protests inside the stadium, people should avoid going. Now people have the right to go, but if that stadium is completely empty, then that would end a clear and powerful message to Venkys.

Judan Ali?

I just want to close my eyes and pretend this nightmare is not happening right here right now....

I'm struggling to put into words how I feel that one of England's oldest and most famous football clubs is being toyed around with by a loopy retired Malaysian 'sunday league' footballer in a tracksuit...

+1000

Without being racist, I said if any more Asians came to our club in any capacity other than established footballers of quality, that would be the end for me, After over 55 years of supporting and following Rovers, I will probably never set foot in Ewood again, thanks you horrible Indian halfwits!

Venkys, not only are you a disgrace to football but a disgrace to the human race, may you all have terminal Delhi bellies and spend the rest of your life sat on a toilet, its what you deserve!!

Angry is not the word, demoralised and as for Singh, I have forgotten more about football than he knows!!

IF THE ALI STUFF IS TRUE THEN THEY CAN @#/? OFF AND MY HANGOVER ON NEW YEARS DAY STAYS AT HOME AND THEY AND WHOEVER WANTS TO SUPPORT THE PIGS AT TROUGH ARE WELCOME TO SUPPORT THE SCUMBAGS IN CHARGE .IVE SAID IT BEFORE BUT THIS TIME IT WILL BE THE END FOR ME AND I WONT EVER GO BACK EVEN IF THE WANKYS GO.ROVERS WILL BE DEAD FOR ME. i WONT GIVE THE @#/? STAINS ONE MORE PENNY AND WOULD RATHER GO DOWN THE ASDA THAN WATCH THE FILTHY VAMPIRES GORGE ON ROVERS BLOOD.

If it's true I'll go to the Forest game, loudly chant what a massive set of @#/? they all are then just pack it in.

And I won't even bother try cheering the 'lads' to a win, it will be one final show of disgust.

If it's true I'll go to the Forest game, loudly chant what a massive set of @#/? they all are then just pack it in.

And I won't even bother try cheering the 'lads' to a win, it will be one final show of disgust.

My Wedding Anniversary on the1st January thank goodness, so no Rovers for me. I will be at Barnsley so 100% support for the players and 100% vitriol for Shaggy and the Venkys.

Like I said, part of me wishes it is Ali (or someone equally comical) to finally underline the Venky's reign. Once the attendances plummet to record lows, maybe Venky's will finally look at cutting their losses and bailing out? Only downside is that those boycotters might never return but at this point does it even matter?

Archived