BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's or Bust?

Roverall

Nobody likes Venky's, that much is patently obvious, but the supporters on here seem to fall into two distinct camps as regards the Rao family's continued ownership of the club.

(1) A return to banners, protests, further boycotts etc. Venky's out no matter what - even if it leads to bust.

(2) Despise Venky's but continue to support Blackburn Rovers in whatever guise.

My question is - given the choice between long-terrm Venky's ownership in the same vein as we have seen since 2010, or bust - which would you take?

Nobody likes Venky's, that much is patently obvious, but the supporters on here seem to fall into two distinct camps as regards the Rao family's continued ownership of the club.

(1) A return to banners, protests, further boycotts etc. Venky's out no matter what - even if it leads to bust.

My question is - given the choice between long-terrm Venky's ownership in the same vein as we have seen since 2010, or bust - which would you take?

1 - bust and start again as I can't see any other way at present

Given only those two options to choose from it would have to No.1 for me too.

However there should be a third option.....

3) Venkys realise that they will NEVER understand enough about how to own and run a football club properly, and will reluctantly, but with good grace, admit it and sell the club to a fit and proper owner. Everybody is happy and the Rovers can be rebuilt from scratch.

(2) could very well have the same outcome as (1). At least with (1) things may change for the better, an option that is looking increasingly unlikely under Venkys.

(3). Protest against the Venky's, and support the players.

We must get these idiots out (and they will leave at some stage), there will be new owners who will take us over, even if it is the 2 Ian's they will wait until they can get us on the cheap.

We are already on the cheap even Venkys must know that by now. It cant be anything else with the present rate of losses.I heard the 2 Ians have kicked off big style at Venkys and Shebby and that Shaw and Agnew have flown to India.that came from the Training Ground today APPARENTLY.

Battersby and Wild are back on speaking terms and Wild and the 2 Ians were seen talking at the Blackpool game in a hospitality suite.

I get the feeeling this is sh1t or bust time for us all and the Club.Maybe this is the moment-please god

Is anyone interested in a visit to Poona? There is little to no chance we will get to see the chicken goons but think of the UK and Indian publicity we could generate against their brand.

If anyone is serious please pm me and I will look at prices.

I would but no way can I afford it. It's the sports media that we as fans need to turn round and somehow get them on our sides . No idea how but Merson and co have a lot to answer for .

Im not too sure if I could wish for Rovers to go pop. I wouldn't mind a drop in value to enable someone a realistic chance of purchasing the club.

As for promotion back to the premiership, dont think I want that with Venky's still here.

Imagine the best blow job ever - only to find out it was a lady boy giving it. Make you feel ill, dont you think.

Im not too sure if I could wish for Rovers to go pop. I wouldn't mind a drop in value to enable someone a realistic chance of purchasing the club.

As for promotion back to the premiership, dont think I want that with Venky's still here.

Imagine the best blow job ever - only to find out it was a lady boy giving it. Make you feel ill, dont you think.

You wiping away a tear there, EbH?

Or hit venkys at their core business. That would hurt them more. How is another thing.

It wouldn't be beyond these people to go out on a limb to really purposely stitch the club up in retaliation to something like that though. As if they aren't already like !

Despite them still making all mighty cock ups in my view something seems to have changed. For the first time since the takeover I am more than 10% confident that someone within Venky's are the ones making the decisions regarding the club and 3rd parties with a vested interest have stepped back back into the murky footballing waters..Perhaps the heat of being out of the shark infested sea got a bit to much or perhaps they were given the nod by friends in high places. Could be totally off the mark we shall see, no doubt if the opportunity to syphon off a bit more cash ever becomes viable again no doubt any interested parties will appear in some form.

Its looking more and more like Venky's do not or can not want to go through the due diligence of selling the club, so we may be stuck with them, not my choice but and this is just my opinion but if Balaji is calling the shots he seems to be the one who as a passing interest in the club this could be a good thing if his interest doesn't fade (unfortunately his track record of this is there for all to see) as feel he does want the club to succeed and himself to be seen as a owner of a successful club . Think Mrs D is the one who dotted the i's and crossed the t's on any "relationship" they may have entered into pre , during and post takeover and just wants rid but can not, so has given Balaji a more hands on approach.

Unfortunately the big factor in all this is who he will take advice from, will he listen to supporters who have the clubs interest at heart ? Will he engage in conversation with the Rovers trust or any supporters groups? Ideally he would be on the phone to John Williams apologising and offering a massive financial incentive to come and sort the club out from boardroom down.

An ideal situation ? - no, Should pressure on and protest against Venky's be displayed ?- yes , will it have any effect ? - Possibly because if my assumption is correct the media might be a bit more interested in this cause rather than trying to deflect attention onto the supporters as 3rd parties may well not be involved now and they want payback for having their grubby little fingers well and truly caught in the safe door when it was slammed shut.

p.s This opinion is likely to change when the new management team is announced :)

Balaji hasn't got a keaning clue what to do (old Mud number btw) - they put trusted SS in charge and look what happened......he hasn't the first idea of who is available/decent to manage. They are a disgrace, bust is eminently preferable to Venkys!

Hence my comments about the big factor is who he takes advice from, although it has now backfired big style I was under the impression it was him who sent Singh over to actually find out what was going on at the club because of the mis-truths that were being fed back to India from Team Keam

Sure it wasn't The Sweet - Blockbuster?

My post was trying to make the best of a bad situation, I've said in the past that starting again was a more preferable option than what has been happening in the last 21 months but would that not make our history and tradition defunct as Blackburn Rovers 2013.

Sure it wasn't The Sweet - Blockbuster?

Peter Q did a very good version of that.

"Our money's spent

Ain't scored since Lent

Up front for rovers - it's Jansen and Bent!

They're in the news

Can't stop the Blues

and if things get tasty

They'll bring on Mark Hughes"

Happier times.

Archived