BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryan Nelsen - Toronto FC Manager

Giant

Are they any good donnermeat? What sort of team is Nelly taking over?

I didn't see them much last season as I usually watch the Sounders when it comes to live matches, however they were poor and finished bottom of the eastern conference. They have Torsten Frings as captain though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are they any good donnermeat? What sort of team is Nelly taking over?

They are hopeless, have yet to qualify for the playoffs and have been through a string of managers. They have rich owners, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, who are hopeless at building strong sports teams; the Maple Leafs in the NHL and Raptors in NBA, also owned by MLSE, have been jokes for years

Hope it works out for him but it sounds like he has his work cut out.

I used to follow NBA many years ago and I remember when the Raptors came into it, along with The Grizzlies, they were gash. No idea what they are like now tho but I thought the raptors did well when the landed Vince Carter. Got into the playoffs a couple of times if memory serves.

But that's about all I can remember.

Good luck to Ryan, the guy was a class above on and off the field. Just a shame we were robbed of so many games due to his injuries ( the pre Kean career ending ones). To me when he first came he was quality, he read the game so well. Best of luck to him, who knows maybe he'll manage us one day.

Never really followed MLS, maybe now I'll keep an eye out for TFC

Sounds like in his interview with the BBC that he doesn't know if Harry or Fernandes will let him go before the season ends. So Toronto FC may start with no Head Coach

You don't need one nowadays...

Just read an in-depth interview with Toronto FC's President and GM, Kevin Payne. If you think Shebby interferes you should see this guy. Every single player in and out decision is his, and being taken now before Nelly even gets here. He has even decided which motivational slogans are going on the dressing room walls. When asked about why he went for Ryan Nelsen, the best he could come up with was, "great leader but I expect players to step up and lead as well, and still a great player"

Hmmmm..

• 2 weeks later...

One Ryan Nelsen ringing round Loftus road as QPR draw 0-0 with Man City as he plays his last game - immense performance, man is a legend.

#QPR's players form a guard of honour for Ryan Nelsen after the game. Been brilliant for Rangers #toppro

Should have been our team forming a guard of honour. How depressing to see him leave England without us having said a proper goodbye.

Totally agree, was treated disgracefully by Rovers, shoved out the back door when they thought no one was watching.

Total professional, top quality centre half, great captain.

Nelsen is everything you want in a player, a leader, ability, great attitude and mentality and 100% every game he plays, Steve Kean hang your head in shame you bloody liar, injured? well if he plays as he has been and is injured, we'll have another 10 like him!!

Good luck Ryan, come back one day to manage Rovers !!

Nelsen is everything you want in a player, a leader, ability, great attitude and mentality and 100% every game he plays, Steve Kean hang your head in shame you bloody liar, injured? well if he plays as he has been and is injured, we'll have another 10 like him!!

Good luck Ryan, come back one day to manage Rovers !!

He can come back tomorrow and play. Hope he does well at Toronto and hopefully Exiled will keep us up to speed. The fact he was given a standing ovation by fans and players given his short time at QPR tells you all you need to know about the man. Maybe one day he'll be back as manager.

He can come back tomorrow and play. Hope he does well at Toronto and hopefully Exiled will keep us up to speed. The fact he was given a standing ovation by fans and players given his short time at QPR tells you all you need to know about the man. Maybe one day he'll be back as manager.

They seem a bit underwhelmed here so far: under-qualified and arriving late is the press line. Nobody here could stick a pin in NZ on a map to the nearest 10,000 miles so having a load of caps for them doesn't help either. Needs to get off to a good start

Archived