BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's, including Mrs D., in town this week ?

Mercer

Venkys are meeting Appleton in London today. this is according to Nicko

So the new PR mob have looked on here and various other Rovers related web sites and seen the anger then come up with this 'gem' of info and released it to Nicko via the usual sources OR the usual sources have just come up with this themselves. Hey Michael we are in Blackburn for the match but you must come to London to be worthy to speak to us ! WTF.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
**WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN**

8yxt0i.gif

Makes me sick to my stomach. A brutal, cold-hearted assault of a kind-hearted, gentle old man. Enough to condemn the whole of Blackburn to the fires of hell.

'get behind the lads' they cheer. As we are getting beat by Fleetwood, Morecambe and maybe Fylde AFC in a few years time. Its amazing what you can do to certain people and they'll keep coming back for more.

Reminds me of a sketch on Spitting Image ( showing my age ) where cabinet ministers from the then long standing Tory Government went round abusing people and doing dreadful deeds before asking who they would vote for at the next election. Answer " Conservative ".

Reminds me of a sketch on Spitting Image ( showing my age ) where cabinet ministers from the then long standing Tory Government went round abusing people and doing dreadful deeds before asking who they would vote for at the next election. Answer " Conservative ".

Very good analogy. The largely unpopular Tories kept being voted in due to the perceived lack of alternative at the time.

I'm sure plenty of other managers would have them doing plenty of training today and tomorrow after that showing

Standard practice throughout football not to have players in training 24 hours after a game, they would've maybe been in for a warm down. Appleton could easily have been in Brockhall during the morning and gone down to London after that.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with him and the owners meeting, certaibly shouldn't be used against him.

Guest Norbert

Indeed Kamy. I'd rather the new manager actually communicate with the owners directly rather than Venky's doing the usual disappearing act and letting the rats in the boardroom squabble and try to second guess how to run the club.

I'm sure plenty of other managers would have them doing plenty of training today and tomorrow after that showing

I think after a match they would need a certain amount of recovery time or you will be causing uneccessary injuries, Majiballs your man for this but I was always taught to leave any heavy stuff for 48 hours after a game!

Standard practice throughout football not to have players in training 24 hours after a game, they would've maybe been in for a warm down. Appleton could easily have been in Brockhall during the morning and gone down to London after that.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with him and the owners meeting, certaibly shouldn't be used against him.

But why in London?

Well they couldn't do it in Blackburn could they? can't risk getting hit with snowballs. You never know the chambermaid in your hotel may be a Rovers fan or whatever. There is Manchester i suppose but is that good enough - it's still full of northerners who might not be quite good enough to associate with their highnesses

But why in London?

Exactly, there were here two pigging days ago, could they not have met after the game? Just because the players won't put a full shift in today, doesn't mean that Appleton would've otherwise have been sat at home drinking cocoa and watching loose women.

They went straight down to London while the game was still being played, no doubt. Tails between legs.

So much for royalty.

The difference is Peter Coates and his family are all Stoke people and appear to be willing to continue funding the club on a long-term basis. Jack Walker cleared off to Jersey to evade taxes so his descendants did not have the same affinity or connection with Rovers with the result they flogged us off as soon as they could given the passage of time after Walker's death. Walker put Rovers fans in wonderland for a few years but ultimately his project was doomed to failure because he was not willing to fund it. For that reason although Jack Walker is seen as some sort of God by Rovers fans some people would say he was cruel.

:wstu:

You make him sound like a new Saint Peter? :rolleyes:

1. His income is from the dubious source of gambling! Not really a Captain of Industry like Jack Walker was is he?

2. From Wiki........ "Peter Coates, director of Bet365 and a lifelong supporter of the British Labour party, has donated hundreds of thousands of pounds to the party. One particularly large donation coincided with the relaxation of gambling legislation and the lifting of a ban on television advertising by the Labour government.[17]"

3. Not only that but a significant part of his gaming empire is based in 'tax freindly' Gibralter!

Archived