BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

I know you are the eternal optimist but is it possible to have signings better than "let's give him the benefit of the doubt"?

Eternal optimist? Seriously?

DJ Campbell has scored 10 goals in 17 games or Ipswich in the Championship this season. Jerome Thomas has been a very good winger for a number of years now.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's clear what Appleton is trying to do, but I think it's going to fail spectacularly unless he can sort out the central midfield. If people think we can play a solid 4-4-2 with any combination of Dunny, Pedersen, Lowe and Etuhu then they are living in dreamworld.

Agreed, far too lightweight, and no one able to get forward either.

So as it stands. Kean, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Ollson, Thomas, Murphy, Williamson, Pedersen, Rhodes, Best. Is the best 11 we could play and it ain't brilliant. Then we have subs: Usai, Dunn, Lowe, Kazim, Morris, Etuhu and one other. Probably the most uninspiring bench I've ever seen.

Rochina is also early 20's whilst DJ Campbell is 31. There's other ways to look at it.

I guess.

But by most reasonable assumptions we are screwed if we don't get promoted next season. DJ Campbell will be much more useful in trying to achieve that than Rochina will.

Edit: Sod it, forgot how stupid this place be sometimes. I'll come back in a few weeks when we've started climbing the table.

It's clear what Appleton is trying to do, but I think it's going to fail spectacularly unless he can sort out the central midfield. If people think we can play a solid 4-4-2 with any combination of Dunny, Pedersen, Lowe and Etuhu then they are living in a dream world.

true. but like we all know, the loan market is still open. it is better to take another couple of days and get a better loanee who can start contributing in the first 11 straight, than a panic buy now!

cos I said so.

get behind Appleton. doing well so far with transfers dealings and bringng in own coaching staff and seems to be the man in charge of transfers in and out and not allowing other people at rovers buying players behind the manager back

oh im scared in that case.

It's clear what Appleton is trying to do, but I think it's going to fail spectacularly unless he can sort out the central midfield. If people think we can play a solid 4-4-2 with any combination of Dunny, Pedersen, Lowe, Murphy and Etuhu then they are living in a dream world.

+1000

Yet another manager comes in and fails to solve the bleedin obvious.

Ridiculous that Cb and CM not addressed.

DJ Campbell ok as a back up striker but not at the expense of Rochina

Archived