[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An hour to go , centre half issue not sorted ,

Most pedestrian central midfield in division not addressed

Another striker coming in just as best resumes training

A number of players who have been in the 18 man team over the last few weeks gone .

Gutted about ruben leaving , Formica was strange one , Simon released and despite the rumours re training , he was one of the first at training and one of the last to leave. Why he never got a run is a mystery none of us will ever understand .

Unless something magical happens in next hour I think this has been an awful window .

Being told that the board will be judged eon the turnover figures in June .

So getting many off wage bill seems the order of the day .

However saying we will rebuild in summer seems a long way away if we are cost cutting now .

Last year it was to pay the bank , but this time around it appears to be just to try and stay in championship .

If this is the plan it's time to get Fabio Nunes more involved, a natural left winger

Still needs to become more tactically sound before playing regularly. But he hasn't left, meaning Appy will probably give him some time on the pitch - still a lot of games left.

Vukcevic never played much under 5 managers here.

Formica is hard worker player but doesnt fit into Appleton formation and tactics.

Rochina is too skillful for his own good and doesnt play the right ball or pass.

J.Thomas adds pace to wide midfielder

DJ Campbell is experience striker and score goals.

maybe the targets are going to cost too much. the deal got to be right and sign players who want to be here.

Or the loans left will be the dross that nobody else wants.

With Ruben and Simon leaving we are bereft of any flair.

As for DJ Campbell and Thomas, i'll reserve judgement til ive seen what they offer us.

A number of players who have been in the 18 man team over the last few weeks gone .

Gutted about ruben leaving , Formica was strange one , Simon released and despite the rumours re training , he was one of the first at training and one of the last to leave. Why he never got a run is a mystery none of us will ever understand .

Unless something magical happens in next hour I think this has been an awful window .

However saying we will rebuild in summer seems a long way away if we are cost cutting now .

Last year it was to pay the bank , but this time around it appears to be just to try and stay in championship .

Arguably, no less awful than August when, Rhodes apart, we, IMO, landed a shed load of duds !

As for the board being judged on turnover, where the feck do you get if from !?!? Wish I was, I am judged on profit !

Yes we get the picture you did'nt want Appleton and your going to snipe away from the sidelines at his every move regardless, GIVE HIM TIME ffs your comments still divides fans yet you say you want them to unite .

• Backroom

Who've we got rid of? Vukcevic, formica and rochina (poss just loan). Sounds sensible to get the fancy-dans out and bring in the workers in this league. Campbell and Thomas are workers, which is Appleton's mantra.

Also the logic I use for Williamson. Just because someone's a journeyman, doesn't mean they aren't useful players. Roberts and Yakubu spring to mind.

We can't afford quality anymore. We need to cull wages and get in useful hard-workers. Must admit I'd rather get the portugeezers out first, but you can only sell when their's a buyer I guess.

So as it stands. Kean, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Ollson, Thomas, Murphy, Williamson, Pedersen, Rhodes, Best. Is the best 11 we could play and it ain't brilliant. Then we have subs: Usai, Dunn, Lowe, Kazim, Morris, Etuhu and one other. Probably the most uninspiring bench I've ever seen.

Prepare for reality-----many years as a Championship club at best.

• Backroom

If all the expected deals happen my only concern is CM but I still think Etuhu can do a job if he gets motivated, people forget he was one of our better players in the first few games of the season.

If Givet doesn't leave we have Dann, Hanley and Givet for CB which is easily good enough for this league.

If Thomas doesn't get confirmed though I feel we will be left short

As for the board being judged on turnover, where the feck do you get if from !?!? Wish I was, I am judged on profit !

Increasing Reducing turnover increases the likelihood of profit, or at least minimizes losses.

And this being soccer, profit is a rare bird

Edit: Based on Mercerman's correctly pointing out that I did not proof read before posting.

Arguably, no less awful than August when, Rhodes apart, we, IMO, landed a shed load of duds !

Turnover for Vanity - Profit for Sanity - thats what I was always taught!!

Wonder why we never upped our bid for Baptiste?

out of contract in summer. why paid over the odds and would blackpool agree a deal.

expect Baptiste to be a rovers player in the summer.

Ruben Rochina Naixes@rubenrochina23

thank you to all my fans but i think that is the best option to me now! i will never forget my time at blackburn!

has anybody thought maybe the Rochina was to go back home to Spain

Yes we get the picture you did'nt want Appleton and your going to snipe away from the sidelines at his every move regardless, GIVE HIM TIME ffs your comments still divides fans yet you say you want them to unite .

I'm allowed an opinion you know , if yours is different I don't start having a go at you over it!

Reducing turnover increases the likelihood of profit, or at least minimizes losses.

And this being soccer, profit is a rare bird.

Reducing turnover increases the likelihood of profit !!! Feck me it's endemic, the laws of business are being rewritten !!!

Archived