BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Backroom

This is beginning to look like a complete disaster. Is it the Venkys punishing us for their reception and the snowball. Any player with any class is on his way. It's just a money saving exodus.

Since when have Venky's needed an excuse to make shocking decisions?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many rovers players have had a good solid 90minutes

Fair point, and that's why we are where we are. Rochina isn't exempt from that. And hell, what I'm saying about Ruben could be levelled at majority of the players.

Like I say I'd give him another season but he would have to have an impact more often and vastly improve his consistency.

I'm a big fan of Rochina('s potential) but if we bring some decent players in, then I won't be too disheartened....preferably players with the ability of Jerome Thomas.

I'm a big fan of 4-4-2 as well, so Campbell, Best, Rhodes, Nuno Gomes, Kazim and Goodwillie is fine for strikers.

King, Thomas, Nunes, Marcus and Kazim on the wings.

A CM would be nice though even if Lowe and Murphy will be better under Appleton.

Sadly, I feel pessimistic at the moment, can see us bringing in a couple of ex-Pompey players and losing Vukcevic, Givet, Formica, Rochina, perhaps even Dann and Olsson.

Robbo can leave, not bothered about him although I would wish him all the best.

This is beginning to look like a complete disaster. Is it the Venkys punishing us for their reception and the snowball. Any player with any class is on his way. It's just a money saving exodus.

similar thoughts! the idiot who threw snowball needs a good couplea kicks up his ...

on another note - app might be going for players less gifted but ones who can cut it at championship level ! and that is the basic requirement , isn't ? whats the use of great technique when it does not suit ur league style ?

Wonder if we will get the 2.1 million back that Rochina cost us? we should easily do after all he who can not be named reckoned he was a 4/5 million player

This player conveyor belt thing that Mrs D spoke about early on and Appleton mentioned last week as both a forward and reverse gear doesn't it?

Rochina. Whatever. Two or three stepovers then smacks it into the stand. 1 in 20 might go in. Cant cross, cant defend, isnt good in the air, not particularly quick or strong. Not good enough. £5m player according to someone or other I seem to recall. Well that's something to look forward to.

Even though I'm in two minds over losing Simon and perhaps Rochina, it's important to remember that we have a HUGE squad. Recently there has been plenty of talk on here about the impending doom/heaven that is adminstration due to the club spending on wages etc on PL level. Perhaps Appleton & co also realise we won't be going up this season and desperatly need to trim our wagebill? Would rather we got rid of players that are not playing but let's be realistic - if they're not playing for us who is going to pay money to take them off our hands and also pay their allegedly high wages for this division?

We have a plethora of attacking midfielders and some need to go. Rochina and Simon it could be argued is not suited to this division and if we can get some players in on lower wages who are also more suited to the championship division then I can only see this as a good thing. In the long run this could prove to be some healthy trimmings for the club.

I still hope we can tie up deals for Thomas and a commanding CB before the night is over. What we really really need is a vocal leader on the pitch - a general either in defence or CM.

Formica rochina and vuckevic are 3 players imo who would find it most difficult to fit in a conventional 4-4-2. ...... wonder if that's the way appleton is thinking

ive seen many other current rovers players have equally or worst 90mins inc. murphy, even rhodes has had a couple of games where you could have forgot he was there.

None existent is different to actually having a massively negative impact on the game.

I'll grant you Murphy on that front, though that has left him now he is supported in midfield and he has got into the swing.

Whilst I would certainly not mind if Roch stayed it's no big loss to see him go as he's a liability and incredibly inconsistent.

similar thoughts! the idiot who threw snowball needs a good couplea kicks up his ...

The is the first sensible thing the club have done in a transfer window for years. Formica, Rochina, Vukcevic...never in a million years fit to get a team promoted out of this league.

If we get Jerome Thomas and DJ Campbell it's a MASSIVE improvement.

Kean

Henley Dann Hanley Olsson

Thomas Murphy Lowe King

Rhodes Campbell

So much more balance to that team that.

Glad to see players leaving to be honest. Start with the highest paid and get them up the road.

Dann and Rochina are poor players on big wages and really won't be missed. Simon, Rochina, and Formica are players that havent ever imposed themselves on a single game and to be honest I don't think anybody has a clue where to play them.

Potential signings sound much more like it to me...

I'm of the opinion this transfer deadline day is boll@cks. The only people who enjoy it are the no marks on Sky Sports News.

Sky TV hype - crap players getting headlines, forcing moves, massaging egos, inflating prices.

Sky have a lot to answer for!

Just in from work, can someone list all in and outs to this point please

Confirmed in: Forrester (young striker for the future)

Confirmed out: Vuckcevic (contract terminated), Slew (contract terminated) & Linganzi

Rumoured in: DJ Campbell, Jerome Thomas, Alex Baptiste - also bid for Curtis Davies but got turned down

Rumoured out: Rochina (loan Zaragosa), Robinson, Martin Olsson

Think that is about it this far....some one else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Can anyone say fire sale?

This smacks of "quick, reduce the wage bill"

Full expect us to just give players away and rely in loan signings of @#/? players next week...

This is how they make their money isnt it.

Archived