BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

Rochina is also early 20's whilst DJ Campbell is 31. There's other ways to look at it.

Yes but the need of the hour are players who can get the results Now. something which earlier managers never realized.

IF ( a real Big IF ) we move out of Championship , into PL next season ( or the next after that ) , we can bother about PL Quality.

Until we are in the Championship, we need players of Championship experience to get us out of here !

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rochina is a real talent and im a huge fan of him. However, its hard to see where he fits in to the team. His most effective position is up front but he`s not going to get in ahead of Rhodes, Best, Kaz or DJ. Those 4 are currently more effective players than him even though they are not as skilful as rochina.

He'll be a real top player though.

Rochina is a real talent and im a huge fan of him. However, its hard to see where he fits in to the team. His most effective position is up front but he`s not going to get in ahead of Rhodes, Best, Kaz or DJ. Those 4 are currently more effective players than him even though they are not as skilful as rochina.

He'll be a real top player though.

Phew, only a loan deal for Rochina. Makes sense.

no midfield shows to me appleton is being told who to sign because anyone with any clue would have adressed this MAJOR problem.Oh well 70 mins left.

I think we're going to need injury time.

I look forward to all the players we need being 'leased' once we've used transfer deadline day to get rid of some players.

I'd love to know how much we are paying agents to move these players on for us.

I think it's pretty evident that what we're seeing is a change in the way we play football. To me it looks like Appleton wants to play 4-4-2 with clever/pacy wingers able to deliver crosses into the box for poachers like DJ Campbell and Rhodes to finish, as well as Best who has a physical presence to him and will make a good striking partner for both DJ and Rhodes. There's no room for Rochina in that system, and to be honest I don't think he has matured much as a player during his stay at Ewood. He does have potential, but signs are he won't ever fulfill it.

Happy with the incomings, would probably have kept Vukcevic around as a utility player. Think we need a central defender and a central midfielder and we're set for one final push towards the playoffs.

I am just wondering here if there is a motive in Appletons thinking, Kean, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Thomas, Campbell, Rhodes, Lowe, Murphy, Forrester - the nucleus of the squad are British with a British mentality?

No language issues and players know the English game, Martin, Peds and King have been here for a few years too so will be quite fluent in the language!1

If this is the plan it's time to get Fabio Nunes more involved, a natural left winger

I think it's pretty evident that what we're seeing is a change in the way we play football. To me it looks like Appleton wants to play 4-4-2 with clever/pacy wingers able to deliver crosses into the box for poachers like DJ Campbell and Rhodes to finish, as well as Best who has a physical presence to him and will make a good striking partner for both DJ and Rhodes.

I think it's pretty evident that what we're seeing is a change in the way we play football. To me it looks like Appleton wants to play 4-4-2 with clever/pacy wingers able to deliver crosses into the box for poachers like DJ Campbell and Rhodes to finish, as well as Best who has a physical presence to him and will make a good striking partner for both DJ and Rhodes. There's no room for Rochina in that system, and to be honest I don't think he has matured much as a player during his stay at Ewood. He does have potential, but signs are he won't ever fulfill it.

Happy with the incomings, would probably have kept Vukcevic around as a utility player. Think we need a central defender and a central midfielder and we're set for one final push towards the playoffs.

I am just wondering here if there is a motive in Appletons thinking, Kean, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Thomas, Campbell, Rhodes, Lowe, Murphy, Forrester - the nucleus of the squad are British with a British mentality?

No language issues and players know the English game, Martin, Peds and King have been here for a few years too so will be quite fluent in the language!1

agree with both points

Archived