Slew

Rosado

Linganzi

In

Campbell

King

Thomas

Foresster

If all that happens I'd say we are marginally better off for the league we are in and the style i imagine we want to play but still have big flaws in the squad, mainly CM which hasn't been addressed in years!

Kane too

27 pages and all we could muster was an inconsistant winger (will fit right in) and a striker nobody ever seems to want for more than 6 months............wonderful :/

I have to agree. Clearly the focus of this transfer window has been clearing players out instead of improving the team.

Two players coming in isn't going to make much of a difference. For all the common sense MA has been spouting since he arrived he's failed to address the centre midfield.

So much for the 3/4 players coming in....

17 mins to go....

I can't really remember, did Appleton say or imply he was even going to strengthen CM?

I swear he didn't, instead mentioning out wide and in defence.

He didn't. Which is shocking when you think that Petrovic or Andrews would probably walk into our midfield at the moment.

Guys do we not all support the same team? These signings will give us more firepower and assists for Rhodes and/or best or Dj.How many games have we failed to kill off..Brighton,Huddersfield, Dingles, wolves. That's 8 points more we would have had if won those..

• Backroom

Still have a feeling WBA are going to pull the plug on Thomas and leave us wanting

Wonder if Robbo not going has messed our business up

SS been here 6 months , I was very concerned 18 months ago .

Since then we have had one relegation , sit in the lower half of the championship and have sold all our best players .

I actually think Appleton is saying all the right things and the team was much better against Derby .

I want him to do well, as I want us to win everytime we cross the white line .

I will be there on Saturday like every week , backing him and the team

However that cannot detract from the fact that we have moved out quite a bit of creativity and not addressed the biggest weakness we have in the team IMO , which is centre midfield

I agree with you regarding the central midfield and its a shame that Rochina has gone but the rest won't really be missed. Formica and Vukcevic haven't really cut it and so to bring in two experienced players who could start immediately in the first team is good business.

Reasonably satisfied provided that Thomas and Campbell sign.

You offering to proof read for BRAG !!!!

Happens to anyone late at night.

What do you mean offering to Mercer, I did proof read a document for them. All rovers fans at the end of the day. If I can help out a fellow fan in some way I'll do my best to do so.

I can't really remember, did Appleton say or imply he was even going to strengthen CM?

I swear he didn't, instead mentioning out wide and in defence.

He didn't but then again neither has any of our last few managers. If it's so blindingly obvious to fans why isn't it to those who do this for a living?

I have no doubts we will win games in a 4-4-2 but we will also lose quite a bit with this midfield when it gets inevitably exposed for what it really is, i.e. average.

Been so busy at work I haven't really looked at any of this. All a bit of a surprise, major squad overhaul. Thomas and Campbell are decent signings. Bit gutted about Rochina and Vukcevic going as they were hands down our most talented players. Though without much end product and a lack of willingness to compete it is not so surprising.

That Vukcevic terminated his contract suggests he just had enough. What a disastrous run for VEnkys signings. No one has really stuck about from the players they brought in. Dann I suppose. That's it.

Ultimately we still do have strong attacking options for this division. Wide and up front we are very competitive. Agree with others that we absolutely need one combative CM and a good central defender.

Guys do we not all support the same team? These signings will give us more firepower and assists for Rhodes and/or best or Dj.How many games have we failed to kill off..Brighton,Huddersfield, Dingles, wolves. That's 8 points more we would have had if won those..

Some support Rovers, some support Shebby Singh.

Been so busy at work I haven't really looked at any of this. All a bit of a surprise, major squad overhaul. Thomas and Campbell are decent signings. Bit gutted about Rochina and Vukcevic going as they were hands down our most talented players. Though without much end product and a lack of willingness to compete it is not so surprising.

That Vukcevic terminated his contract suggests he just had enough. What a disastrous run for VEnkys signings. No one has really stuck about from the players they brought in. Dann I suppose. That's it.

Ultimately we still do have strong attacking options for this division. Wide and up front we are very competitive. Agree with others that we absolutely need one combative CM and a good central defender.

Also a bit surprised as from Appy's interview he looked like he grasped this and was looking to balance the squad.

Archived