BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's trying to build a squad of passionate and always up-for-it individuals. It is good that he has been allowed to get rid of those big names. Whilst they each shared a few quality appearances for rovers,their inconsistency and showmanship is not what is needed in a big championship club. We have to have a secure unit and if that's meant Appleton wanted them gone and the board responded then its an excellent decision.

Of course that is my theoretical view of Michael apps decision...subjectively it does make me a little sad though.

I got a feeling I know what heis doing...back ground staff look cracking the few new additions and confidantes of appleton have decent pedigree. Think he told the venkys straight...

Off topic:

Anyone know how much a cup game ticket at the emirates is? Cheaper than usual I'm praying!

Massive congrats to Appleton who has managed to get rid of every ounce of creativity from the squad in 48hours. couldnt give a kean who comes in what a disaster window.

completely agree...guess now we know the owners chose the manager...promised to do here what he accomplished at Portsmouth

ask chaddy, he says we have to trust appy

If you don't trust MA, the end result is you have no control (absent repeating the dark days of last season) and can only spend your time wallowing in suspicion and misery.

If you do trust MA, the end result is you have not control but at least you'll have something to look forward to.

I prefer to hope for the best until it's clear that we've hit the reef and the ship is going down. We're not there yet.

Jesus Christ, you are boring.

You are extremely biast against Appleton because your dear old friend Shebby is know where to be seen.

I am now certainly convinced that BRAG and you have agendas.

Must admit - Glen - your posts have become increasingly negative in their tone since Shebby was marginalised..

We did have too many of the same player, but to ship all 3 of Simon, Mario and Ruben out is a bit much if you ask me. I'd have kept Ruben if I had to pick 1. We desperately need a destroyer in the middle.

Well as he took care of the last window which also didn't address the positions we needed , it certainly wouldn't be his opinion .

We wasted money in sumner on god knows how many has Beens or never have been.

Was hoping this window , we would get some real grit in the centre of the park , which can can go from box to box for 90 minutes

With the loan window opening next week we could still bring in a CM.

Givet still here so maybe he will reintergrated into the team and his contract looked at.

We did have too many of the same player, but to ship all 3 of Simon, Mario and Ruben out is a bit much if you ask me. I'd have kept Ruben if I had to pick 1. We desperately need a destroyer in the middle.

With the defence cuts going on, you could get a full Type 42 for around 2 million. No fecker would dribble through one of those.

The only two possibilities seem to be DJ and Thomas, lets hope they get done, Thomas seems the difference between being well stocked up for the wings and short

27 pages and all we could muster was an inconsistant winger (will fit right in) and a striker nobody ever seems to want for more than 6 months............wonderful :/

Must admit - Glen - your posts have become increasingly negative in their tone since Shebby was marginalised..

SS been here 6 months , I was very concerned 18 months ago .

Since then we have had one relegation , sit in the lower half of the championship and have sold all our best players .

I actually think Appleton is saying all the right things and the team was much better against Derby .

I want him to do well, as I want us to win everytime we cross the white line .

I will be there on Saturday like every week , backing him and the team

However that cannot detract from the fact that we have moved out quite a bit of creativity and not addressed the biggest weakness we have in the team IMO , which is centre midfield

• Backroom

Remember we also brought King in this window so potentially

Out

Rochina

Formica

Simon

Slew

Rosado

Linganzi

In

Campbell

King

Thomas

Foresster

If all that happens I'd say we are marginally better off for the league we are in and the style i imagine we want to play but still have big flaws in the squad, mainly CM which hasn't been addressed in years!

Archived