BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

Massive congrats to Appleton who has managed to get rid of every ounce of creativity from the squad in 48hours. couldnt give a kean who comes in what a disaster window.

Still time... but, you just cant underestimate the strength and feeling of your statement pick32.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An hour to go , centre half issue not sorted ,

Most pedestrian central midfield in division not addressed

Another striker coming in just as best resumes training

A number of players who have been in the 18 man team over the last few weeks gone .

Gutted about ruben leaving , Formica was strange one , Simon released and despite the rumours re training , he was one of the first at training and one of the last to leave. Why he never got a run is a mystery none of us will ever understand .

Unless something magical happens in next hour I think this has been an awful window .

Being told that the board will be judged eon the turnover figures in June .

So getting many off wage bill seems the order of the day .

However saying we will rebuild in summer seems a long way away if we are cost cutting now .

Last year it was to pay the bank , but this time around it appears to be just to try and stay in championship .

Jesus Christ, you are boring.

You are extremely biast against Appleton because your dear old friend Shebby is know where to be seen.

I am now certainly convinced that BRAG and you have agendas.

Assuming the rumored incoming players materialize (DJ, Thomas and Baptiste), I think MA will have made us a better team.

We still need a Jermaine Jones type of player, but I assume MA knows that and is working on it.

So all in all, I struggle with the comments that this window has been a disaster. So far its looking decent.

If all the expected deals happen my only concern is CM but I still think Etuhu can do a job if he gets motivated, people forget he was one of our better players in the first few games of the season.

If Givet doesn't leave we have Dann, Hanley and Givet for CB which is easily good enough for this league.

If Thomas doesn't get confirmed though I feel we will be left short

But Givet never plays! You need 4 centre-backs. We have 2!

Vukcevic never played much under 5 managers here.

Formica is hard worker player but doesnt fit into Appleton formation and tactics.

Rochina is too skillful for his own good and doesnt play the right ball or pass.

J.Thomas adds pace to wide midfielder

DJ Campbell is experience striker and score goals.

Bloody hell Chaddy, I admire your optimism but the land in which we live in isn't actually full of pixies and rainbows.

Ruben Rochina Naixes‏@rubenrochina23

thank you to all my fans but i think that is the best option to me now! i will never forget my time at blackburn!

Awww. I like Ruben. He seems like a decent sort and I wish him well at Zaragoza.

Massive congrats to Appleton who has managed to get rid of every ounce of creativity from the squad in 48hours. couldnt give a kean who comes in what a disaster window.

Perhaps Dunny may be fit - would be like a new signing!

Who've we got rid of? Vukcevic, formica and rochina (poss just loan). Sounds sensible to get the fancy-dans out and bring in the workers in this league. Campbell and Thomas are workers, which is Appleton's mantra.

Also the logic I use for Williamson. Just because someone's a journeyman, doesn't mean they aren't useful players. Roberts and Yakubu spring to mind.

We can't afford quality anymore. We need to cull wages and get in useful hard-workers. Must admit I'd rather get the portugeezers out first, but you can only sell when their's a buyer I guess.

There's journeymen and journeymen.

Yakubu had over a hundred prem goals to his name

Roberts worked his way through the leagues to become an established striker.

Williamson has an injury plagued league 1/2 career - no pedigree whatsoever - ridiculous comparison.

your opinion or shebbys

Well as he took care of the last window which also didn't address the positions we needed , it certainly wouldn't be his opinion .

We wasted money in sumner on god knows how many has Beens or never have been.

Was hoping this window , we would get some real grit in the centre of the park , which can can go from box to box for 90 minutes

• Backroom

The only two possibilities seem to be DJ and Thomas, lets hope they get done, Thomas seems the difference between being well stocked up for the wings and short

Archived