BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Bentley

Both the Official Spurs Website and the Spurs Twitter account confirm that David Bentley has joined Rovers on loan until the end of the season.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/rovers-loan-bentley-150213.page?

Also the Rovers site have now confirmed:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/bentley-is-back-659018.aspx

Thought it would be a good idea to create a topic to have all the Bentley return talk in one thread so the transfer deadline thread doesn't get clogged up. Mods feel free to merge with an existing topic if necessary.

Welcome back Bentley!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Fantastic news

Really Pleased with that, at worst he's an alternative to bring off the bench at best he gets somewhere near his old form and pings some balls into Rhodes and co!

Is he out of contract at the end of the season?

Bentley is a class signing, I'm well pleased with this. One of the best crossers in the division feeding Rhodes et al has me excited.

I actually met him once and he was a stand up guy, around the time we had Valeri Domovchiyski on trial, I remember because I was asking about him like. He signed a £20 note for me as we'll (one his own). Bit flash maybe but what the hey.

i don't think he'll ever again get to the level he was when he left us , but that doesn't matter , what matters is , he comes , he plays games and he makes a worthwhile contribution

Good player for us years ago when he was in the England squad and earmarked to replace Beckham and will probably admit he should never have left us.

But but but but.... he has become injury prone, has not played regularly at first team level for years and has been shunted from club to club by people who do not want him.

Fans must accept that he is not the player he was for us all those years ago.

i don't think he'll ever again get to the level he was when he left us , but that doesn't matter , what matters is , he comes , he plays games and he makes a worthwhile contribution

We aren't at the level we were when he left us so, like you said, he doesn't need to get back to that level to contribute.

Fans must accept that he is not the player he was for us all those years ago.

Yep. Lets hope that Bentley is given some leeway and the last 5 years in which he will have lost some pace and sharpness as well as a class aerial team mate who's can take advantage of his crosses (santa cruz) will not be used as a stick to beat him with.

Could be a very good loan signing :tu:

All evidence points to him being a fairly poor player these days but he's another option at least.

Evidence points to him failing at Spurs and then gathering injuries, I dont think it points to him being poor.

Players do play off confidence and belief, its how a manager manages each particular player, they are all different and need a different approach to an individuals needs, if Appleton can get him to focus on one job, set pieces and crosses and see where that takes us.

I dont think Bentley was handled too well at Spurs and he probably didnt handle himself too well either, lets see if he has learned something over the years!

Bentley could add some real class and creativity, however, my hopes and expectations are modest.

I think he is a long, long way from the player that left Ewood some 4 years ago.

Hope it doesn't prove to be as anticlimatic as RSC's second Rovers' spell.

Pleased to have Bentley back.

Needs to get up to speed with his fitness and match sharpness but if he can get close to his previous form in terms of crossing I think Rhodes could show another side to his game.

According to this site...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/david-bentley/profil/spieler_3205.html

...he's worth £2.6m and is contracted to Spurs until June next year. Wonder if we've got an option to buy?

Here's the not very flattering photo of a Rostov-kitted Bentley that SSN are using to cover the story!

FC+Spartak+Moscow+v+FC+Rostov+Russian+Pr

Archived