BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Bentley

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no doubting Bentley's quality whilst at Rovers, he managed to work his way into the England squad and from memory he equipped himself well on the international stage. Rather baffling how his career want so badly off the rails since his departure. Hopefully we can keep him fit and even if he's only half the player he was once he'll still add something to the team.

If I could have hand-picked one player who would sign on loan for us in the current circumstances, Bentley would have been it.

Perfect----your post and the player. We adored him when he was here. Rovers made him into an England regular.

Don't know how Spurs managed to stuff it up but its somehow right that he starts his career again here.

If Bentley was fully fit & on top of his game he wouldn't be coming to us on loan now would he...

A 100% Bentley is waaaaaay to good to be playing for a mid table championship team. Let's hope we can be mutually beneficial.

Good luck David, glad to have you back.

Emerton, Tugay and Santa Cruz next on the shopping list (maybe not)

Believe me you wouldn't want Emerton back - he's a very ordinary player in a very poor Sydney side.

I think we do need to keep our expectations in check. I am pleased with the signing but we need to remember just how little he's done since leaving Rovers. On the balance of probability looking at it purely objectively you'd have to say he isn't all that likely to show similar form to last time. But then on the flip side he is a confidence player, and coming to a place where the fans will give him a warm welcome and cheer him on might bring out the best in him.

Excellent excellent news to have David Bentley back amongst our ranks.

Just wonder if some of the current Rovers players will be upto his standard for the club to reap maximum benefit from his second coming.

Can only say that it will be worth the entrance fee alone just to see how Bentley plays, be it, good, bad, or indifferently.

arte et labore

Not sure what I did with half reply but the tea was ready and it was duck so I bolted. What I meant to say was I'm reserving judgement as I still remember THAT interview on SSN, and I don't have him down as someone willing to graft away in the championship. As I said though, I hope I'm wrong.

So you're not reserving judgment. You have your doubts and need to be won over. Fair enough.

Excellent excellent news to have David Bentley back amongst our ranks.Just wonder if some of the current Rovers players will be upto his standard for the club to reap maximum benefit from his second coming.e

Should put a fair few on a plate for JR. I imagine Dann will get more scoring chances too.

Archived