BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

Poor stuff from both sides.

Thought Burnley better side in 1st half but sending off, and rightly so, changed game.

Shows how far we've fallen when Dunny looked a cut above everyone else. At least he gave it his all but come on, what's point of a new contract for a guy who's rarely fit.

34 years and counting, Burnley must be gutted to have come so near. Saw Willie Irvine as whistle went and swear there were tears in his eyes. As for the idiot of a Rovers' fan (in a blue hoodie) who tried to pick a fight with some of the elderly Burnley fans in the JW corporate seats when Burnley scored, you are a feckin disgrace and probably one soft b@st@rd.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley must be gutted to have come so near. Saw Willie Irvine as whistle went and swear there were tears in his eyes.

Thanks Mercer. Amidst the gloom you've reminded me of another reason to be cheerful.

I was dreading having to stomach their goading at work. Listening to them belly-aching will be a joy by comparison.

Pathetic. Childish Comments.

We played awfully by all accounts whilst burnley ought to feel aggrieved.

I hope he's gone tommorow,i just can't see this ending well.

They ought to feel aggrieved - try telling that to Dunn (and a number of our players) who were virtually assaulted on a number of occasions by Burnley players. I am sorry - the only reason they got on top in the first half is the referee allowed them to get away with so much. Second half (even before the sending off) we were the better side - and would possibly have equalised but for a goal line clearance. Lets not forget the high boot that should have been a penalty in the first half - and by Nani rules a red card.

And whilst it's good to maintain the 34 year record, if that 96th minute equaliser against ten men serves to keep Appleton in the job for any prolonged period, it'll do more harm than good in the long run.

I've given you abit of stick regards Appleton. But he can't keep setting the team up to play like that. A crap Burnley outplayed us for the first half.

Don't know what the answer is anymore.

They ought to feel aggrieved - try telling that to Dunn (and a number of our players) who were virtually assaulted on a number of occasions by Burnley players. I am sorry - the only reason they got on top in the first half is the referee allowed them to get away with so much. Second half (even before the sending off) we were the better side - and would possibly have equalised but for a goal line clearance. Lets not forget the high boot that should have been a penalty in the first half - and by Nani rules a red card.

Some serious blue and white goggles there DMTP. We were awful.

Why's that? haha

I just mean I'm glad it's only a ban from an internet site and there's nothing else wrong with him.

I don't mean to be an old lady about it but I worry when prominent posters disappear for ages without a word. E.g. Rebelmswar and Mattyblue, amongst others.

Never said we played well - just in the second half better than the opposition. It is also difficult to get any rhythm against a team like Burnley when ever decent move was broken down by crude challenges - if we had better protection from the referee we may have been able to play more football (though the pitch isn't exactly helpful at the moment).

Quick question - penalty for high boot - you disagree ?

I just mean I'm glad it's only a ban from an internet site and there's nothing else wrong with him.

I don't mean to be an old lady about it but I worry when prominent posters disappear for ages without a word. E.g. Rebelmswar and Mattyblue, amongst others.

Ahh, he reckons he got banned because he upset "the fat controller"?

Never said we played well - just in the second half better than the opposition. It is also difficult to get any rhythm against a team like Burnley when ever decent move was broken down by crude challenges - if we had a better manager we may have been able to play more football (though the pitch isn't exactly helpful at the moment).

corrected for you DMTP

• Backroom

Some Burnley fans showing their class, songs about jack walker, trashing the toilets (our numpties do that too for some reason) and unfurling an EDL flag

We were awful again today, yet again MA seemed tactically inept. We were totally outplayed in the first half and could have been three down. Presumably Best had a knock, but instead of replacing him with Nuno Gomez, he puts poor (and he was poor) Josh Morris on.

Waits till the 87th min to bring him on. Couldn't see where the goal was coming from - Dunny at least never stopped trying and got some heavy treatment from the Dingles. Ref was woeful in protecting him. They could have ended with less than 10. We were lucky today....but it is only a matter of time - we are relegation material, no mistake.

Not certain we were lucky - could argue we were unlucky not to get the penalty in the first half or a referee that gave our players some protection. However - I will agree regarding MA - first half was crying out for either Rhodes or Best to drop deeper - but we persisted with 4-4-2 when we were getting out fought in midfield. Second half - can't understand why Gomes wasn't introduced earlier.

Unlike others - I actually thought we tried to get it down a bit more (especially than against Millwall) - but the pitch doesn't help.

I have huge concerns about MA tactically - but to be fair to him he hasn't had much opportunity to get these players on the training ground. He now has two weeks to improve things before our 6 pointer against Blackpool - and the run of games around Easter.

cant beleive some are blaming the ref, he gave us more decisions than burnley

Really ? The only one where I thought we were lucky was Hanley's reaction in the second half - a different referee could have shown red. High boot - penalty or not ?

Some Burnley fans showing their class, songs about jack walker, trashing the toilets (our numpties do that too for some reason) and unfurling an EDL flag

Whats the point in trashing the toilets, dont both clubs pay each others bill?

Never said we played well - just in the second half better than the opposition. It is also difficult to get any rhythm against a team like Burnley when ever decent move was broken down by crude challenges - if we had better protection from the referee we may have been able to play more football (though the pitch isn't exactly helpful at the moment).

If its the incident I think you are referring to I was surprised (but not surprised) it wasn't given. Refs tend to bottle them inside the box when they'd definitely be given outside.

I'll tell you what Bumley did do to break up our momentum, keep going down and staying down for treatment.

We were shocking though. It got better when we were against 10 men but it was a massive relief to equalise. That in itself says it all.

He got banned for not heeding the numerous warnings he got. Probably best to leave it there. He's already said he's not coming back when his ban is up anyway so I guess that's that.

He will. He loves it!!

Surprised Leon Bests dreadfull 1st halve performance hasn't had a mention, if he'd have used possession better we would have had a better 1st halve, the opening 10-15 mins where quite positive until Bests head dropped and the rest of the team seemed to lose sight after that.

I've been wondering what happened to Gomes after the impressive start to the season he had, now he see, he must have taken over pie eating duties from Dunn, he looks about 2 stone heavier and has a proper flabby muffin top, still got a few nice touches on the ball though.

Another shocking performance today. An equaliser deep into injury time against ten men tells its own story. Burnley looked the better side for long periods and Mee did us a huge favour by getting himself sent off for two stupid challenges. There is no doubt that we are now in a serious relegation dog fight and after this performance I'm not sure we have the players who will fight to keep us out of the bottom three. Dunny was the standout performer and it's vital we keep him fit over the next couple of months. Once again we looked very poor going forward.

All three reasons are why Dingle fans are nothing but scum.

Archived