BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

Thank god for David Dunn! Losing to Burnley is bad enough, but if we had lost to a 10-man Burnely at HOME it would've been to much to bear.

Players and Appleton should be ashamed of themselves by the sound of it. Says a lot about the state of modern football when you can't muster some extra insipiration for a game like this. Talk about giving the fans the finger. Disgraceful. Relegation is still a very real possibility. BTW - if both Wolves and Rovers are relegated - would that be the first time that the same two teams are relegated in consecutive seasons?

Venkys out!

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn 1-1 Burnley

Blackburn manager Michael Appleton: "I hope it's damaging to Burnley and I hope it feels like it's the worst result they have ever had.

"I thought for the effort in the second half, when Burnley lost their discipline and we kept ours, we stayed patient and luckily we kept Dunny [David Dunn] on the pitch and he did the job for us.

"Hopefully that'll be a catalyst for the next few games now. I'm delighted for David Dunn and everyone else in the dressing room but both sides didn't create much over the 90 minutes."

Bit late to be playing the tribal war now.

Blackburn 1-1 Burnley

Blackburn manager Michael Appleton: "I hope it's damaging to Burnley and I hope it feels like it's the worst result they have ever had.

"I thought for the effort in the second half, when Burnley lost their discipline and we kept ours, we stayed patient and luckily we kept Dunny [David Dunn] on the pitch and he did the job for us.

"Hopefully that'll be a catalyst for the next few games now. I'm delighted for David Dunn and everyone else in the dressing room but both sides didn't create much over the 90 minutes."

Bit late to be playing the tribal war now.

Pathetic. Childish Comments.

We played awfully by all accounts whilst burnley ought to feel aggrieved.

I hope he's gone tommorow,i just can't see this ending well.

DUNNY you absolute HERO. MASSIVE, MASSIVE goal. Lose that and pyschologically we would have struggled to recover. Instead, local pride remains in place, a point closer to safety and it feels like a win. Hopefully a turning point. I was distraught at 90 mins when I had accepted we were going to lose. Cannot believe we got that goal. Fantastic.

Looking at the stats, we had 9 shots on target. Burnely had 3. Was quite surprised by that. Performances must improve. Simply not good enough at the moment. In fact, dire. I'm willing to give Appleton the summer but if these kind of performances carry on into next season then I will be calling for his head.

The international break has come at the perfect time for us. We go into it buzzing with that late goal, a chance to work on thinga n training and get some injured players back.

Pathetic. Childish Comments.

We played awfully by all accounts whilst burnley ought to feel aggrieved.

I hope he's gone tommorow,i just can't see this ending well.

Dangerous comment from someone who has managed Blackpool and blackburn. Might hurt his resume when he applies for a job there.

• Backroom

Just got in now, before the game I asked to be shown a reason why we still bother.

For 95 minutes we were appalling tactically and with a lot of players just poor (the likes of Morris and Stewart try hard but just aren't good), then in one moment you remember just why you carry on, the feeling and celebration when that ball went in is hard to match, really unbelievable stuff which you just had to be there to appreciate. I was walking down the steps absolutely devastated in a bid to escape as soon as the whistle went when the goal went in it was chaos with people jumping all over each other and hugging anyone they could grab.

It doesn't mask what went before and what continues to happen but those moment are why we will keep going.

I actually thought Todd Kane was potentially the best player on the pitch he was one player committed to getting forward but Dunny earned that honour with his passion even if he took the wrong option most of the time. Rhodes had one chance and missed it and I'm still not sure why Best went off, his passing was wayward but works hard for the team up top.

What bothered me today was at 93 minutes Stone Cold Sean Dyche was on the touchline going mad whilst Appleton stood still with only Darren Moore keen to get the players going. I think my patience is up with the manager but I don't know what the answer is.

Just got in now, before the game I asked to be shown a reason why we still bother.

For 95 minutes we were appalling tactically and with a lot of players just poor (the likes of Morris and Stewart try hard but just aren't good), then in one moment you remember just why you carry on, the feeling and celebration when that ball went in is hard to match, really unbelievable stuff which you just had to be there to appreciate. I was walking down the steps absolutely devastated in a bid to escape as soon as the whistle went when the goal went in it was chaos with people jumping all over each other and hugging anyone they could grab.

It doesn't mask what went before and what continues to happen but those moment are why we will keep going.

Sadly Tom, those moments are becoming fewer and farther between.

When we've calmed down, we'll see this for what it is. A lucky escape against our nearest neighbours - and we are euphoric about it. That's how far we've fallen.

I can't believe we haven't beat Burnley for 3 years.

It was virtually a carbon copy of the game at t'Turf. Away team goes ahead, last gasp equaliser from the home side.

This is our level now T4E - trying to compete with Burnley.

I'm telling you - when they finally get around to "relocating" Jack's statue, it'll be like we fell asleep in 1989 and had the best dream ever.

Thank god for that!! We only had one player who tried to be postive with the ball and that was Dunny. The amount of times we pass the ball back to our keeper is bizzare.

Great time to score though and it felt like a win. I wouldn't have fancied us hanging on to 1-1 had there been 10 mins to go!

Very relieved to scab a draw but that was disgraceful. Can't think of a shot on target (that wasn't a pass back) until the 93rd minute. We have no game plan unless its to pass the ball backwards until they feel like they're going to lose it then thump it up to the oppo's centre halves (thank god shitu wasn't back). 4 points off relegation and in my life time this is the worst team ive ever seen "organised" by a man no better tactically than kean/berg.

And whilst it's good to maintain the 34 year record, if that 96th minute equaliser against ten men serves to keep Appleton in the job for any prolonged period, it'll do more harm than good in the long run.

That last minute goal was the ONLY good thing about today.

Please don't take that away.

Dunny - given even before he fired home!! Legend.

Two 90-odd minute matches in 5 days. Two MoM awards and a goal.

Maybe we should make Dunny player-manager til the end of the season.

We were awful again today, yet again MA seemed tactically inept. We were totally outplayed in the first half and could have been three down. Presumably Best had a knock, but instead of replacing him with Nuno Gomez, he puts poor (and he was poor) Josh Morris on.

Waits till the 87th min to bring him on. Couldn't see where the goal was coming from - Dunny at least never stopped trying and got some heavy treatment from the Dingles. Ref was woeful in protecting him. They could have ended with less than 10. We were lucky today....but it is only a matter of time - we are relegation material, no mistake.

Sadly Tom, those moments are becoming fewer and farther between.

When we've calmed down, we'll see this for what it is. A lucky escape against our nearest neighbours - and we are euphoric about it. That's how far we've fallen.

It was virtually a carbon copy of the game at t'Turf. Away team goes ahead, last gasp equaliser from the home side.

This is our level now T4E - trying to compete with Burnley.

I'm telling you - when they finally get around to "relocating" Jack's statue, it'll be like we fell asleep in 1989 and had the best dream ever.

When did Burnley become our nearest neighbours? PNE is nearer, maybe even the Reebok. Stanley's half the distance.

When did Burnley become our nearest neighbours? PNE is nearer, maybe even the Reebok. Stanley's half the distance.

League One and League Two, dear boy.

Although give it a year or two, you could be right on both counts.

Archived