BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats the point in trashing the toilets, dont both clubs pay each others bill?

One advantage of giving them the Darwen End. They have to take the blame for trashing the toilets and ripping out seats etc., and Bumley receiving a large bill in the process I should think.

I would have taken the draw before the game. Dunny fully deserved MOM even though his legs have long gone. He was the only one on the pitch who showed any spirit, other than Jones maybe.

What they do on a daily basis in training beggars belief. I would tie a ball to a tree branch and make them jump and head it for hours. They may as well do that and at least we might win some headers in a match.

Appleton is deluded. He maintains we didn't get out of jail. He must have been in a trance and not actually seen any of the game. That's the impression you get with him just standing still hands in pockets. Why did he take so long to replace Olsson when he was virtually running on one leg?

Fans were great today. When that goal went in was like turning the clock back to when the club belonged to us.

Just back from the game, not read everyone else's thoughts, but my two-penneth:

I thought that was probably our best performance for a while, certainly the best under Appleton. For the first time since he took charge I felt we actually had a game-plan going forward, rather than just trying not to concede and hoping something falls for us.

Obviously the goal for them knocked us for a bit, and gave them some confidence, but overall I was quite pleased today. We didn't panic and kept trying to play the ball to feet patiently, rather than just lumping it forward and it was good to see. If we'd played like that on Wednesday night we'd have beaten Millwall - I'm sure of that.

David Dunn - still a class above, just a shame he can't stay fit for a whole season

David Jones - another class act. Always wanted the ball and plays with his head up looking to keep the ball moving. Everything Murphy ought to have been for us this season.

Cameron Stewart - looked better centrally in the second half, but was just awful in the first half

Jason Lowe - runs about a bit and trys his hardest, but he's just about the most limited player I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt. If we have serious promotion thoughts next season we have to improve on Lowe in centre mid.

Also credit to Appleton today. I'm not his biggest fan, but he made a change at half-time that not many would have predicted, and it worked. Stewart in the centre gave us more than Best had done, and Morris did a job on the wing. But, honestly, hands up - who was suggesting that change over your half-time pie and bovril?

In response to two posts above.

Jones - thought he was very average, however, can see why some fans get a tad excited when he's compared to Murphy, Etuhu & Lowe.

By and large, thought Rovers' support very muted until Dunn's goal went in.

I thought that was probably our best performance for a while, certainly the best under Appleton. For the first time since he took charge I felt we actually had a game-plan going forward, rather than just trying not to concede and hoping something falls for us.

Obviously the goal for them knocked us for a bit, and gave them some confidence, but overall I was quite pleased today. We didn't panic and kept trying to play the ball to feet patiently, rather than just lumping it forward and it was good to see. If we'd played like that on Wednesday night we'd have beaten Millwall - I'm sure of that.

David Dunn - still a class above, just a shame he can't stay fit for a whole season

David Jones - another class act. Always wanted the ball and plays with his head up looking to keep the ball moving. Everything Murphy ought to have been for us this season.

Cameron Stewart - looked better centrally in the second half, but was just awful in the first half

Jason Lowe - runs about a bit and trys his hardest, but he's just about the most limited player I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt. If we have serious promotion thoughts next season we have to improve on Lowe in centre mid.

Also credit to Appleton today. I'm not his biggest fan, but he made a change at half-time that not many would have predicted, and it worked. Stewart in the centre gave us more than Best had done, and Morris did a job on the wing. But, honestly, hands up - who was suggesting that change over your half-time pie and bovril?

Fair play to you.

I suggest you don't read everyone else's thoughts.

Turn off your computer, crack open a cold one and stay happy. :tu:

• Backroom

Tbf I thought the morris for best sub helped bring more fluidity to the side and we started playing on the floor a bit more. Playing down the wings suited us and ofc led to the winner.

I'm not for one second excusing the dire performance. But I thought we at least matched burnley throughout the 2nd half.

My general opinion: sorted out a poor start but improvements still needed. I don't think one good signing will help us. We need lots of little improvements in all positions aside from gk.

Relieved that we got of jail right at the end.

However it was another desperately poor performances. The biggest concern is that over the last 5 games we have offered very very little attacking threat. Apart from injury time, Burnley were quite comfortable. Today we passed the ball s bit more but there didn't seem to be a clear gameplan as to how we were going to breakdown a well organised Burnley side. I am pretty sure that our first shot on target was Kane in injury time.

We are now firmly in a relegation battle, I just hope that during the 2 week break Appleton can work on things and some of the players carrying knocks use that time to recover.

I am not sure what to think about Appleton, he talks a lot of sense, but I am starting to worry about whether he is capable of setting up a side and whether he has a plan b. I would still give him the summer. Even if he was sacked, I cannot see the people incharge making the right decision, mainly due to the politics that are going on behind the scenes.

Basically that the lunes from Pune have ruined a great club, and he hopes the low point we have now reached is just that and doesn't get any lower. Don't hold your breath Eric lad.

Still somewhat rich coming from him given that we suffered a catastrophic run of results after he came in as assistant to seal our relegation.

Another shocking performance today. An equaliser deep into injury time against ten men tells its own story. Burnley looked the better side for long periods and Mee did us a huge favour by getting himself sent off for two stupid challenges. There is no doubt that we are now in a serious relegation dog fight and after this performance I'm not sure we have the players who will fight to keep us out of the bottom three. Dunny was the standout performer and it's vital we keep him fit over the next couple of months. Once again we looked very poor going forward.

Still the players fault eh Parson?

Or is Appleton rather more Jim Iley than Gordon Lee?

Fair play to you.

I suggest you don't read everyone else's thoughts.

Turn off your computer, crack open a cold one and stay happy. :tu:

Ha Ha ha ! la la landd must be nice place to live musnt it? Game plan going forward , against 10 men and our 1st shot came in injury time, aye ok then

I think Lowe should be cut some slack - he is a boy trying to do a man's job

He works tirelessly for the team and has bags of energy!

He seems to be learning his trade and is finding space for himself more and more often - a great player in the making!

I share your view, it really wasn't that bad a performance after the halve time changes where made(even before they went a man down) as its being made out, we just lack quality in key areas simple as that, nothing the manager can do about that right now, morris brought some natural balance to the left side and linked up well with ollsen at times, Stewart though very lightweight looks looks like he'd be well worth signing on a free(along with jones, if we can tempt him without offering silly'murphy'money!).

definitely some positives to take away from the 2nd halve and the shrewd tactical change Appleton made at halve time.

Tbf I thought the morris for best sub helped bring more fluidity to the side and we started playing on the floor a bit more. Playing down the wings suited us and ofc led to the winner.

I'm not for one second excusing the dire performance. But I thought we at least matched burnley throughout the 2nd half.

My general opinion: sorted out a poor start but improvements still needed. I don't think one good signing will help us. We need lots of little improvements in all positions aside from gk.

Mike Morris is @#/?

I share your view, it really wasn't as bad a performance after the halve time changes where made(even before they went a man down) as its being made out, we just lack quality in key areas simple as that, nothing the manager can do about that right now, morris brought some natural balance to the left side and linked up well with ollsen at times, Stewart though very lightweight looks looks like he'd be well worth signing on a free(along with jones, if we can tempt him with offering silly'murphy'money!).

definitely a lot of positives to take away from the 2nd halve and the shrewd tactical change Appleton made at halve time.

Considering he's brought in 5 players, the manager could have done something about the lack of quality.

I think Lowe should be cut some slack - he is a boy trying to do a man's job

He works tirelessly for the team and has bags of energy!

He seems to be learning his trade and is finding space for himself more and more often - a great player in the making!

He's still got his limitations, but I agree that he's improving at a pretty sharp rate.

Easy to forget that it's his first proper season at CM, one of the few players we have that I'd be genuinely disappointed if he went

Relieved that we got of jail right at the end.

However it was another desperately poor performances. The biggest concern is that over the last 5 games we have offered very very little attacking threat. Apart from injury time, Burnley were quite comfortable. Today we passed the ball s bit more but there didn't seem to be a clear gameplan as to how we were going to breakdown a well organised Burnley side. I am pretty sure that our first shot on target was Kane in injury time.

We are now firmly in a relegation battle, I just hope that during the 2 week break Appleton can work on things and some of the players carrying knocks use that time to recover.

I am not sure what to think about Appleton, he talks a lot of sense, but I am starting to worry about whether he is capable of setting up a side and whether he has a plan b. I would still give him the summer. Even if he was sacked, I cannot see the people incharge making the right decision, mainly due to the politics that are going on behind the scenes.

According to the BBC we had 9 shots on target to Burnley's three.

He's still got his limitations, but I agree that he's improving at a pretty sharp rate.

Easy to forget that it's his first proper season at CM, one of the few players we have that I'd be genuinely disappointed if he went

I didn't see today's game but I couldn't disagree more. He's atrocious in CM.

Better at RB but I'd far sooner see Adam Henley in that position. Can't see any future for him at Ewood other than as a squad filler.

If Appleton or any subsequent manager see him as a permanent fixture in CM we really are sunk imo.

....... As for the idiot of a Rovers' fan (in a blue hoodie) who tried to pick a fight with some of the elderly Burnley fans in the JW corporate seats when Burnley scored, you are a feckin disgrace and probably one soft b@st@rd.

Walking in I noticed that there weren't half some neanderthal dollopers there today. Mystifies me why anybody whose knuckles don't reach the floor and who doesn't grow hair on the palm of their hands actually chooses to sit the the Blackburn End. It really does.

I didn't see today's game but I couldn't disagree more. He's atrocious in CM.

Better at RB but I'd far sooner see Adam Henley in that position. Can't see any future for him at Ewood other than as a squad filler.

If Appleton or any subsequent manager see him as a permanent fixture in CM we really are sunk imo.

He was pretty much the same today as he has been for the last few weeks in fairness.

I think he'll always need to play with a more talented, creative player, but I genuinely think that his performances recently have been a great improvement on his early season games (which were admittedly pretty dire).

Mike Morris is @#/?

Considering he's brought in 5 players, the manager could have done something about the lack of quality.

the players he has brought in are all descent-quite good considering he clearly wasn't given any money and had to rely on getting players out and off the wage bill before he could bring anybody in, by which time the transfer window was closing so he had to work in the loan, free transfer market(where Pickens are slim!)

anyway, the jury still out on him with me(although im nowhere near as positive about him as I once was), very hard to judge him considering all that's gone on at the club this season(and last season, obviously), could anybody(from the managers willing to come here) have done much more under the circumstances at the club(ideally at best we could have been safe in mid-table at this point if we had a more experienced manager), I think if we don't go down and Appleton's stays he will have learnt a lot as a manager in his short time here and can only improve next season(how much improvement, who knows).

Archived