BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

Exactly ! looking at the pics theres doesnt seem to be too much smashed up rather than parts moved away from their normal fitted place.

Is that for real? What exactly is your definition of wrecking?

I suppose if I ran into your car it's just a mere re-aligning of panels and you wouldn't bat an eyelid? ;)

I've had a few cheeries but sheesh

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MAJORITY of the away end celebrating Jack's death with that keany song was disgusting and they got their just deserts.

What a moment when we scored. Wow.

Who were the idiots in the Riverside (2-3 of them at the front) who kept chanting EDL/'We're the Blackburn EDL', could swear one gave a Nazi salute. Not football fans in the slightest and utter morons (I may be wrong on the Nazi salute but I'm 90% sure).

The Riverside was a bloody party when we bagged, never seen bedlam like it!

Also, Burnley fans kicking in their own coach windows and throwing seats onto the motorway. Clever bunch.

the longsider, who is as deluded a commentater i have read in a while represents a breed of bumley fans who obviously believe their own rubbish. bumley are two leagues(at least) below their current position and i think they will go down. yes rovers are struggling with crazy guys in charge and dodgey management etc., but we are still a million miles ahead of that uncouth mob down the road. rovers to finish mid table,disappointing. bumley will probably go down. they have no soul...never had. sad team to support... miss you... not

Are you for real, they could have been out of sight by half time and as for longsider his posts in general over the last few years are based on logic and common sense. As for no soul do you think they would have 8,635 turn up for a 6th round cup tie? Admittedly they haven't had to put up with two and a half years of the venky mob but the core support of both teams is very similar.

On a positive note I can't remember feeling as good as I did over a 1-1 draw in a long time if ever.

We were pretty poor once again to be fair. Worryingly outside Dunn (who was clearly our best player for the second game running) the only other really quality in our team came from two loanees in Jones & Kane. If you add Kazim-Richards (who's been a big miss since he's been injured) you could argue that three of our better players are only here temporary.

But I've not seen a goal celebrated quite so wildly at Ewood in a while. They really messed up a golden opportunity to beat us. An equaliser deep into injury time scored by David Dunn, if you had a scripted it that's probably how it would have gone with them having that elusive win snatched away from them like that.

Can't remember the last time 'the earth moved' like that at Ewood. Absolute bedlam round us when Dunny 'tucked it in'. But for every 'ying' there is a 'yang' .... take a gander at this 'alternative' view of how the moment unfolded .... http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113052720&page=4

Can't remember the last time 'the earth moved' like that at Ewood. Absolute bedlam round us when Dunny 'tucked it in'. But for every 'ying' there is a 'yang' .... take a gander at this 'alternative' view of how the moment unfolded .... http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113052720&page=4

Good find ES, we should nick it for message board gold

Hilarious. Absolute comedy gold!!

That is priceless ... absolute icing on the cake

I hope everyone likes the police measures as I'd say the behaviour of few today guaranteed them for next season

You're right, Tom, but that's if any coach companies will sign up to take them...

Also, Burnley fans kicking in their own coach windows and throwing seats onto the motorway. Clever bunch.

What the hell has happened to our pitch? Ewood used to be immaculate.

It's been getting worse by the week. I think yesterday was the worst I can remember since Ewood was rebuilt

It needs taking up and replacing - that won't happen under the Raos.

How do we know that these toilets are for the Burnley supporters doesnt seem to be much evidence for all we know they could be the upper tier toilets.

Some of our 'fans' are a disgrace...

I am disgusted by the way some of our fans behaved today.

On the half of the stand where the Riverside Stand is, before the game one of the toilets was completely smashed meaning all males were diverted to the other male toilet.

After the game one supporter sat towards the back and behind the goal ripped up a seat and threw it towards the pitch. The seat hit one of our fans at the front and the fan who was hit looked to have a very nasty cut at the top of his head.

On the bus back, windows were smashed or well one was on the bus i was travelling on.

There are two ways you can look at this. Either this shows that the heavy policing is needed as some Burnley fans are absolute idiots and ruin it for everyone else or you could say that the heavy policing puts the regular fans off going which allows these idiots to get tickets when they probably haven't been to a home or away game all season.

Rant over!

UTC

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113050989&page=1

Some of our 'fans' are a disgrace...

I am disgusted by the way some of our fans behaved today.[/size]

On the half of the stand where the Riverside Stand is, before the game one of the toilets was completely smashed meaning all males were diverted to the other male toilet.[/size]

After the game one supporter sat towards the back and behind the goal ripped up a seat and threw it towards the pitch. The seat hit one of our fans at the front and the fan who was hit looked to have a very nasty cut at the top of his head.[/size]

On the bus back, windows were smashed or well one was on the bus i was travelling on.[/size]

There are two ways you can look at this. Either this shows that the heavy policing is needed as some Burnley fans are absolute idiots and ruin it for everyone else or you could say that the heavy policing puts the regular fans off going which allows these idiots to get tickets when they probably haven't been to a home or away game all season.[/size]

Rant over![/size]

UTC[/size]

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113050989&page=1

Cheers bypass ! cant ignore that, looks like Burnley have some pretty classless fans to match their team.

Morris wasn't good but most people would have been better than Best on today's showing. the crowd were on his back, and rightly so, because he just didn't look interested during the later stages of the first half. also though Kane showed more spirit than most of the rest of the team and at least has some pace. Yes, he's raw but then he's a kid and learning.

Josh Morris shouldnt be anywhere near Rovers first team, because he is though, you have to conclude that Appleton is definitely not fit to manage Blackburn Rovers football club.

Poor game and performance by Rovers but an excellent ending. Dunn was the only one who looked truly up for this and had any quality. Truly deserved his goal. Second half I thought Olsson did quite well and Jones kept things ticking over. Given they had 10 men for much of the second half they had an easy ride. The chicken provided more entertainment than most of the football.

Never seen anything like it at Ewood when we scored. I was in Riverside near the Darwen End and the place erupted - good stuff :)

Hopefully that will give us the impetus to get a couple of results and stay up this season

Trawled through some of that heartwarming stuf and I found a bit of real comedic quality .........

Minnymouth..... "There's a new pope but there's no GOD"

:tu:

What the hell has happened to our pitch? Ewood used to be immaculate.

You are obviously under 35 years old. For nigh on a century it used to be a quagmire from Nov on.

Cheers bypass ! cant ignore that, looks like Burnley have some pretty classless fans to match their team.

Never forget that the same comment applies to us. We also have some serious retards amongst our number.

@#/? me, if we are now relying on a lad that's constantly been on loan to league 1 and below clubs and who has constantly played in the reserves for 5 years then we must be desperate.

Wait a minute we are desperate, we have got a @#/? manager, we have got a @#/? team. Oh well never mind.

We didn't worry burnley the whole game. Simple as. They deserved to win. 95% of rovers fans have tinted glasses, always have and always will.

If you can't have rovers tinted glasses after that ending when can you ?

According to BBC we had more shots on and off target than them.

Different referee - they would have had far more yellow cards.

One definite penalty in the first half - for nearly taking Rhodes head off. One possible penalty in second half when Olsson was assualted just after getting his shot away - though rarely given, see Blackpool at home two years ago.

I prefer my Blue and White tinted ones to Claret any day.

Yesterday felt like a win, don't agree with comments on here about the supporters being muted they'd at of been sat in the jack walker stand. The atmosphere in the riverside was the best it's been in years. The police handled it bad just hitting anyone who went near the front. Thought we were awful for the first 60mins until they went down to 10 men then we absolute dominated and played proper football.

David Dunn is blue and white he hates burnley!

Yesterday felt like a win, don't agree with comments on here about the supporters being muted they'd at of been sat in the jack walker stand. The atmosphere in the riverside was the best it's been in years. The police handled it bad just hitting anyone who went near the front.

How is that bad? Bogs and exit's are at the back and it's an all seater stand.

You know as well as I that the knuckle draggers were only going down to cause trouble..... albeit as always from a safe distance and with a number of police and stewards between them and a good hiding.

Bravehearts? I think not.

Archived