BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst having a recent & enforced clearout of my audio collection, I found these on an old C60 which may be of interest to some.

I wasn't sure where to put them, but here seems to be as good a place as any at the moment.

Just shows that things don't change much.....

https://soundcloud.com/wotstadoo/jack-holden

https://soundcloud.com/wotstadoo/bob-saxton

What a find! Thanks for that Krillin.

A different era completely - couldn't help notice the use of the word "soccer" a lot. Nor did I remember that the first penalty had to be retaken, then again it was 30 years ago!

Which makes your original post irrelevant and shows it for what it was - another of your silly attempts to present yourself as in someway superior to others. I thought you'd started to grow out of that, clearly not.

Ok brains. So lets have the benefit of your wisdom. How should the Ewood groundstaff deflect the currently dominant weather system (the beast from the east) and raise T sum temperatures in North East Lancashire to those necessary for grass growth to begin? Off you go.

Just remember to break it into paragraphs. Trust me it makes a big difference to the reader.

So just the two members then.

Funnily enough when my mate spotted the flag on Sunday I said it's probably one family.

They should be quite easy to identify..... They'll be the fastest swimmers at Darwen Baths.

Thankfully Allardyce didn't adopt that philosophy when we played burnley, he new what that match was all about so tried to win it home and away which was refreshing.

:rolleyes:

When in a hole Gav......

Alex James (fine footballing name) the fresh faced Assistant Sports Editor of the LET fell right into the trap of using Wikipedia to research his facts. Last night he attributed 34 England caps to John Byrom! Now John was an OK striker but 34 caps fro England? Hardly. Guess what though? Wiki tells us that John Byrom did indeed gain 34 England Caps. :rolleyes:

Whilst having a recent & enforced clearout of my audio collection, I found these on an old C60 which may be of interest to some.

I wasn't sure where to put them, but here seems to be as good a place as any at the moment.

Just shows that things don't change much.....

https://soundcloud.com/wotstadoo/jack-holden

https://soundcloud.com/wotstadoo/bob-saxton

I'll have a listen to those later, do you have anymore?

Back in my office in Norway after my biggest football experience to this date.

Just thinking about the atmosphere in and around Ewood and the EXPLOSION of feelings when Dunny made it 1-1 and we could start signing and winding up the dingles ! 34 years 34 years 34 years !

I have to say my love for Blackburn has only grown from going to this game!

Also saw that the Dingles had an Indian flag amongst them. EDL and INDIAN FLAG ... nice combo losers !

Interesting point and dig made by Dunny to the Telegraph confirms what many have thought for sometime.

'“I have a good gut feeling and I have heard along the way there are different reasons, thankfully now we have a manager who has come in and is prepared to pick his team.”

So in Givet, We have Manager saying " If he gets himself fit, he may back in contention "...

What other Manager puts a player on the bench, when he has no intention of playing him.

He should be away from the first team, getting himself fit, and maybe turning out for the reserves.

I'll have a listen to those later, do you have anymore?

Possibly.

In the days before Walkman's & Smartphone's and instant personal audio, my mum used to record the match reports (home & away) for me to listen to once I got home.

Unfortunately (now) I think it was the same cassette used which was re recorded over, and I have yet to come across it (probably filed in the attic somewhere........).

Every now and again they were squeezed onto space at the end of a tape (these reports were found after the Friday Rock Show's broadcast of Quo's Prince's Trust concert at the NEC in 1982 and were a surprise to me when they came on).

I know, somewhere, there are reports from a 5-1 win at Middlesbrough and a 6-1 win at home to Sheffield United. It's just finding the cassettes they are on.

If I do I'll pop them up.

Definitely looks offside - if I was in your shoes that would only make it all the sweeter

Don't worry yourself about that! I live in fear that luck may even itself out, that's the trouble.

The still doesn't show where Dunn was when the original cross began its journey. That could be the key as to why the assistant missed it. He might have thought Lowe didn't touch it?

None of the angles are brilliant but like I say, looks offside, I'd be delighted with that. Just a poor decision, much like the offside given against Austin for his goal.

I'm never convinced by this evening up argument, and even if it does chances are we won't get the good luck against you and likewise you won't get your bad against us!

Need to decide now whether I want you to go down or stay up so we can have another crack at it next season

(by the way I doubt either of us will go down this season but looking at the run ins, ours anyway, I also would not bet against it)

From that pic it is clear that as Lowe touches the ball there are two other Rovers players offside besides Dunny.

Talk about luck!! However, that is just one decision were we got lucky to weigh-off against the hundreds of bad ones we have had over the years. The penalty that wasn't given for the kick in Rhodes' face in this very match for instance.

None of the angles are brilliant but like I say, looks offside, I'd be delighted with that. Just a poor decision, much like the offside given against Austin for his goal.

I'm never convinced by this evening up argument, and even if it does chances are we won't get the good luck against you and likewise you won't get your bad against us!

Need to decide now whether I want you to go down or stay up so we can have another crack at it next season

(by the way I doubt either of us will go down this season but looking at the run ins, ours anyway, I also would not bet against it)

Whilst inconclusive, the tv angles I have seen have me thinking the Austin one was offside too. If you slow down the original footage from the highlights (not the replay) it appears as though Dann steps up just in time and Austin has a limb or two capable he'd be capable of scoring with goal side of his marker. It's far from conclusive, of course.

In my opinion, the last relegation was procured for financial gain, this relegation is being procure for financial gain also.

Is that the substitution of a man trying to win this game?

Appleton should be fired tomorrow by Venkys as his master plan to lose today went t*** up, no?

Makes you wonder

Archived