BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

What the hell does being proud of the performance have to do with it? its burnley we're talking about here, its win or not get beat at all costs and we managed that, 5 minutes into time added on, I guess you had to be there.....

You've put Allardyce's philosophy in a nutshell there Gav!

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those Bumley fans - and Dyche - complaining Dunny was offside. This is a split-second AFTER the ball was kicked and Dunn is at least level.E48CDF37-8DFD-47B7-8887-455469E39C8D-228

I was going to bring that subject up myself Stuart. I was surprised we seemed to be accepting their version

The problem is you can't get a direct in line view across the park but I've watched replays loads of times now and Dunn runs onto a diagonal ball that evades their last defender. He does not look off- side to me.

I accept that Lowe touched it (made a mess of it actually) but it does'nt change my opinion.

Anyway, who cares?!!

I was going to bring that subject up myself Stuart. I was surprised we seemed to be accepting their version

The problem is you can't get a direct in line view across the park but I've watched replays loads of times now and Dunn runs onto a diagonal ball that evades their last defender. He does not look off- side to me.

There's another touch before it reaches Dunn after that.

It's how far Venky's have dragged the fans down mate, that a last-gasp draw against an awful dingles team down to 10-men is one of the best things ever.

Bang on.

But it was a sweet moment. Read Andrew Greaves in telegraph before, "in all my 23 years of watching the clarets I don't think I've felt that bad ......." Sweet!!!!!

We have fallen to a deep low, but Dunny gave us a moment of F-YOU!!! Dingles glory. They've revelled in our demise because they've naff all else to get excited about.

To have their moment snatched - PRICELESS!

Donno if you two have noticed but the weather has been too cold for grass to grow for quite some time. I'm suprised at you Paul cos you are in a horticulture related business aren't you? Look at your lawn and look at the fields and you will see that the grass is brown. I know we have undersoil heating but with the air temperature falling below 0 celsius virtually every night why do you think the grass at Ewood Park will be any different?

This weather isn't anything unusual... the condition of the current pitch compared to previous seasons is, it's not helpful and it can only mean it's not being looked after well enough. Cue the unnecessary ''I think we have bigger problems...'' Yes we do but standards are slipping throughout.

There was a banner behind the Darwen End goal. "Darwen Clarets".

What's that all about, how many members do they have then?

The walk home must have been interesting.

They'd have had to get back to Burnley first.

Bang on.

But it was a sweet moment. Read Andrew Greaves in telegraph before, "in all my 23 years of watching the clarets I don't think I've felt that bad ......." Sweet!!!!!

We have fallen to a deep low, but Dunny gave us a moment of F-YOU!!! Dingles glory. They've revelled in our demise because they've naff all else to get excited about.

To have their moment snatched - PRICELESS!

This.

Indeed priceless no matter how far we have fallen, that will have hurt as much as the five nil.

There's another touch before it reaches Dunn after that.

Plastics you do realise if the last touch was off a Dingles player the goal stands.

On another subject I was up for this game and apart from the game which imo was awful if we are to survive we need to be more incisive up front yes we have improved by not playing as much long ball and played it along the ground but up front there was not as much movement and up the wings we were awful apart from Stewart's cross for Dunny's goal but apart from that it was a good weekend away from London I checked into my guest house saturday and discovered 2 rovers fans had checked in from Denmark to view the dingles game then on sunday outside the ground where I was buying a programme the 1 near the car park I met brfcs community manager our wonderful Tom M who seemed quite nervous and with just cause after such a toothless 1st half. Then after the game I completed my set for the first time I bought the away L/Sleeve shirt to go with the home L/Sleeve with Rhodes on the back and decided after that priceless point I got Dunn on the back of the away shirt then later when I was having my late sunday dinner like usual in the postal order with my Rhodes shirt on some guy came up to me and said I should get Rhodes removed and have Dunn on the home shirt and I joked with him and stated I just got the away L/Sleeve with Dunn on the back so all in all a very interesting weekend from the singing in the postal order of david dunn is blue & white, blue & white he hates Burnley which was amazing but one thing I found very disturbing was the scum trashing the away toilets and after I got on the bus from ewood I overheard someone saying about the away toilets and when I saw the pics of what they had done I was disgusted I hope they catch those who did the damage & throw the book at them and hope the dingles get fined for failing to control their fans but all in all considering the people I have met and to see the passion after Dunny's equaliser a very enjoyable weekend shame Rovers could not have won that game but at least we have not lost our proud 34 year record.

Plastics you do realise if the last touch was off a Dingles player the goal stands.

Of course I do.

Hence why I'm talking about the touch from the Rovers player after the initial cross. Do watch the replay again. And again. And again. I don't even care if you don't see what actually happens. Just enjoy yourself watching the ball cross the line and the Dingles holding their hands to their heads.

• Backroom

On another subject I was up for this game and apart from the game which imo was awful if we are to survive we need to be more incisive up front yes we have improved by not playing as much long ball and played it along the ground but up front there was not as much movement and up the wings we were awful apart from Stewart's cross for Dunny's goal but apart from that it was a good weekend away from London I checked into my guest house saturday and discovered 2 rovers fans had checked in from Denmark to view the dingles game then on sunday outside the ground where I was buying a programme the 1 near the car park I met brfcs community manager our wonderful Tom M who seemed quite nervous and with just cause after such a toothless 1st half. Then after the game I completed my set for the first time I bought the away L/Sleeve shirt to go with the home L/Sleeve with Rhodes on the back and decided after that priceless point I got Dunn on the back of the away shirt then later when I was having my late sunday dinner like usual in the postal order with my Rhodes shirt on some guy came up to me and said I should get Rhodes removed and have Dunn on the home shirt and I joked with him and stated I just got the away L/Sleeve with Dunn on the back so all in all a very interesting weekend from the singing in the postal order of david dunn is blue & white, blue & white he hates Burnley which was amazing but one thing I found very disturbing was the scum trashing the away toilets and after I got on the bus from ewood I overheard someone saying about the away toilets and when I saw the pics of what they had done I was disgusted I hope they catch those who did the damage & throw the book at them and hope the dingles get fined for failing to control their fans but all in all considering the people I have met and to see the passion after Dunny's equaliser a very enjoyable weekend shame Rovers could not have won that game but at least we have not lost our proud 34 year record.

punctuation_marks.jpg

• Backroom

sorry DE but am really poor with punctuation however there were a couple of commas & full stops in there.

Don't worry about it mate, I especially liked the part that said I was wonderful, more people should say I'm wonderful!

And Stuart i agree as much as I hate to say it that no nay never site is beautiful on the eye from a mobile

There was a banner behind the Darwen End goal. "Darwen Clarets".

What's that all about, how many members do they have then?

The walk home must have been interesting.

That would be my cousin and uncle's flag

I know that. I only mentioned it because I knew someone would cite it as a reason for the pitch to be perfect.

Which makes your original post irrelevant and shows it for what it was - another of your silly attempts to present yourself as in someway superior to others. I thought you'd started to grow out of that, clearly not.

sorry DE but am really poor with punctuation however there were a couple of commas & full stops in there.

Just remember to break it into paragraphs. Trust me it makes a big difference to the reader.

That would be my cousin and uncle's flag

So just the two members then.

Funnily enough when my mate spotted the flag on Sunday I said it's probably one family.

Interesting point and dig made by Dunny to the Telegraph confirms what many have thought for sometime.

'“I have a good gut feeling and I have heard along the way there are different reasons, thankfully now we have a manager who has come in and is prepared to pick his team.”

Unfortunately Dunny is only repeating rumours (i.e. I have heard) - if he knew for definite surely he would say ? Though I suppose with hopes of a new contract he has to be careful.

You've put Allardyce's philosophy in a nutshell there Gav!

Thankfully Allardyce didn't adopt that philosophy when we played burnley, he new what that match was all about so tried to win it home and away which was refreshing.

• Backroom

It's alright pal, I only meant it light-heartedly ;) but a few bits of punctuations wouldn't go amiss :tu:

Whilst having a recent & enforced clearout of my audio collection, I found these on an old C60 which may be of interest to some.

I wasn't sure where to put them, but here seems to be as good a place as any at the moment.

Just shows that things don't change much.....

https://soundcloud.com/wotstadoo/jack-holden

https://soundcloud.com/wotstadoo/bob-saxton

Archived