BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

burnley are a disgrace. they had a chance to beat us today but blewit. their fans disgraced themselves (again). one steward told me the level ofv abuse he alone suffered forced him to pack it in at half time.

He's obviously in the wrong job then. As much use as a chocolate teapot. Lets hope the Rovers relieve him of his duties forthwith.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

People complaining about the cb's going up need a head check. That was in the 80th minute when we were losing. At least we went for it, and thank @#/? we did.

Having chatted around my mates, comparing views (a couple sat in jw, while some in riverside), I've concluded that 1st half was @#/?. 2nd half, we actually played pretty well and burnley gave us hardly anything to worry about.

It's just that being behind and to a sloppy goal may have tainted that. One thing to remember is that the Best/Morris sub set us up 451/433. And while we had a little hill to climb, we looked a far better team for it.

Take note Appleton!

Beans I meant it in a light hearted fashion, an attempt to make a funny comment about e quiet afternoon our keeper had.

The toilet thing, happens at ours as well, as does the seats thing. I don't see the point, it only costs your own club. I assume they feel they get something out of it?

In terms of the scenes at the end, I was led to believe it was 6 of 1 etc with both sets of idiots going at it?

Sad the majority of your followers gloried in the death of Jack Walker. Showed a true lack of respect for a genuine self made man. If it was the odd one or two - you could have excused it - but you virtually all joined in. Inbred no marks.

Beans I meant it in a light hearted fashion, an attempt to make a funny comment about e quiet afternoon our keeper had.

The toilet thing, happens at ours as well, as does the seats thing. I don't see the point, it only costs your own club. I assume they feel they get something out of it?

In terms of the scenes at the end, I was led to believe it was 6 of 1 etc with both sets of idiots going at it?

Thing is 1882 we are really shyyte at the moment, so is only fitting that we piisss on your chips with only a minute A MINUTE to go ! My Claret ST holder who was out with me in Manchester last night is inconsolable, but that's footy.

Hopefully by some miracle we can stay up and do it all again next season !

Morris wasn't bad at all today imo. He gave olsson and Jones a left-sided outlet and kept things ticking over to let olsson bomb on.

2nd half was better than we've had for a while, but you wonder how we'd be faring if we played that way with a fully fit squad. We've shown Appleton we can play a bit more on the floor, so he should start focusing on that aspect of our play!

@#/? me, if we are now relying on a lad that's constantly been on loan to league 1 and below clubs and who has constantly played in the reserves for 5 years then we must be desperate.

Wait a minute we are desperate, we have got a @#/? manager, we have got a @#/? team. Oh well never mind.

People complaining about the cb's going up need a head check. That was in the 80th minute when we were losing. At least we went for it, and thank @#/? we did.

Having chatted around my mates, comparing views (a couple sat in jw, while some in riverside), I've concluded that 1st half was @#/?. 2nd half, we actually played pretty well and burnley gave us hardly anything to worry about.

It's just that being behind and to a sloppy goal may have tainted that. One thing to remember is that the Best/Morris sub set us up 451/433. And while we had a little hill to climb, we looked a far better team for it.

Take note Appleton!

We didn't worry burnley the whole game. Simple as. They deserved to win. 95% of rovers fans have tinted glasses, always have and always will.

Morris wasn't good but most people would have been better than Best on today's showing. the crowd were on his back, and rightly so, because he just didn't look interested during the later stages of the first half. also though Kane showed more spirit than most of the rest of the team and at least has some pace. Yes, he's raw but then he's a kid and learning.

@#/? me, if we are now relying on a lad that's constantly been on loan to league 1 and below clubs and who has constantly played in the reserves for 5 years then we must be desperate.

Wait a minute we are desperate, we have got a @#/? manager, we have got a @#/? team. Oh well never mind.

We didn't worry burnley the whole game. Simple as. They deserved to win. 95% of rovers fans have tinted glasses, always have and always will.

Shame they didn't then. means nowt but I wonder what the penalty might have done to the game had it been given.

We'll never know just as we'll never know if Millwall would have beaten us if they hadn't been given the corner that wasn't. Ref may , as some have said, have given us a lot of small decisions but bottled the penalty shout. I thought he was poor all round.

Sad the majority of your followers gloried in the death of Jack Walker. Showed a true lack of respect for a genuine self made man. If it was the odd one or two - you could have excused it - but you virtually all joined in. Inbred no marks.

Keaning scumbags, we all know Barry Kilby isn't well, but would we sing such a song?? would we kean....and you're right ewood, it wasn't a minority it was a majority.

But in the end we sent them scumbags home once again with their tails between their legs, and I'm sure Jacks raising a glass to that.

Complete pond life but what do you expect?

the longsider, who is as deluded a commentater i have read in a while represents a breed of bumley fans who obviously believe their own rubbish. bumley are two leagues(at least) below their current position and i think they will go down. yes rovers are struggling with crazy guys in charge and dodgey management etc., but we are still a million miles ahead of that uncouth mob down the road. rovers to finish mid table,disappointing. bumley will probably go down. they have no soul...never had. sad team to support... miss you... not

• Backroom

Sounds like the stewarding in the Riverside was unacceptable from what's beans has said here and a few people on the action group Facebook page

Couldn't really see what was going on from the blackburn end though

Keaning scumbags, we all know Barry Kilby isn't well, but would we sing such a song?? would we kean....and you're right ewood, it wasn't a minority it was a majority.

But in the end we sent them scumbags home once again with their tails between their legs, and I'm sure Jacks raising a glass to that.

Gav, our fans were supposedly singing very unsavoury songs about muamba at Bolton recently so we're not whiter than white!

• Backroom

1st half @#/?, 2nd half better (clearly shown by pulling a goal back).

And I wouldn't play Morris if I could help it, but in terms of pace and energy (what we needed on the left hand side) he's better than our only other fit option: Pedersen.

By no means is Appleton off the hook as it was shocking. But that 2nd half is better football than we've seen since the Arsenal game.

1st half @#/?, 2nd half better (clearly shown by pulling a goal back).

And I wouldn't play Morris if I could help it, but in terms of pace and energy (what we needed on the left hand side) he's better than our only other fit option: Pedersen.

By no means is Appleton off the hook as it was shocking. But that 2nd half is better football than we've seen since the Arsenal game.

I think we have to consider that Burnley ran themselves into the ground - and many (not all) of our players matched that - that type of endeavour is rarely going to create a classic, in truth (5-0 apart) derbies rarely are.

Gav, our fans were supposedly singing very unsavoury songs about muamba at Bolton recently so we're not whiter than white!

Supposedly being the operative word....

I know plenty of people that went to bolton and didn't hear it, but today you could hear it on mass, keaning scumbags Ricky, I guess you didn't go today or you'd not be posting such tripe.

• Backroom

Just remembered another Highlight of today, after full time when they replayed Dunns goal again the atmosphere among the rovers fans was brilliant with us celebrating each time it went in

the longsider, who is as deluded a commentater i have read in a while represents a breed of bumley fans who obviously believe their own rubbish. bumley are two leagues(at least) below their current position and i think they will go down. yes rovers are struggling with crazy guys in charge and dodgey management etc., but we are still a million miles ahead of that uncouth mob down the road. rovers to finish mid table,disappointing. bumley will probably go down. they have no soul...never had. sad team to support... miss you... not

They'll go down?

Please don't talk nonsense.

Just remembered another Highlight of today, after full time when they replayed Dunns goal again the atmosphere among the rovers fans was brilliant with us celebrating each time it went in

That was still going on 2hrs later in Blues :)

Thought Dunn played his heart out today and deserves all the credit he receives, but the overall performance was very poor in the first half and only changed when Leon Best who again had a poor game was removed I don't know whether he is not fit or suffering a reaction to his knee problem but his overall play was most disappointing and seem to slow things down.Todd Kane was very solid at right back and the second half was better although still not good enough.

And whilst it's good to maintain the 34 year record, if that 96th minute equaliser against ten men serves to keep Appleton in the job for any prolonged period, it'll do more harm than good in the long run.

At the start I was impressed with Appleton but this is my gut feeling from today. The non-tactics seen in the last 3/4 games speaks volumes, as does the comments he's making about us playing well and putting in lots of effort.

Just got in now, before the game I asked to be shown a reason why we still bother.

For 95 minutes we were appalling tactically and with a lot of players just poor (the likes of Morris and Stewart try hard but just aren't good), then in one moment you remember just why you carry on, the feeling and celebration when that ball went in is hard to match, really unbelievable stuff which you just had to be there to appreciate. I was walking down the steps absolutely devastated in a bid to escape as soon as the whistle went when the goal went in it was chaos with people jumping all over each other and hugging anyone they could grab.

It doesn't mask what went before and what continues to happen but those moment are why we will keep going.

I actually thought Todd Kane was potentially the best player on the pitch he was one player committed to getting forward but Dunny earned that honour with his passion even if he took the wrong option most of the time. Rhodes had one chance and missed it and I'm still not sure why Best went off, his passing was wayward but works hard for the team up top.

Agree with all of this. Thought Kane sounded really good, which is encouraging. Wasn't too impressed first time round with him. But tactically appaling could be the club's motto at the moment.

Relieved that we got of jail right at the end.

However it was another desperately poor performances. The biggest concern is that over the last 5 games we have offered very very little attacking threat. Apart from injury time, Burnley were quite comfortable. Today we passed the ball s bit more but there didn't seem to be a clear gameplan as to how we were going to breakdown a well organised Burnley side. I am pretty sure that our first shot on target was Kane in injury time.

We are now firmly in a relegation battle, I just hope that during the 2 week break Appleton can work on things and some of the players carrying knocks use that time to recover.

I am not sure what to think about Appleton, he talks a lot of sense, but I am starting to worry about whether he is capable of setting up a side and whether he has a plan b. I would still give him the summer. Even if he was sacked, I cannot see the people incharge making the right decision, mainly due to the politics that are going on behind the scenes.

My feelings exactly on the manager. Shame thought he started very positively.

I think 8 of em came in that almighty scramble in Burnley's box just before the end. The other I'm sure you won't need reminding of. :rover:

He'll be ok with a decent partner.

The worry today is why tf Appleton a. picked Stewart and b. left him on after ht. How that lad makes a living out of football is totally beyond me. He's the worst player that I have seen in the blue and white halves since Simon Garner's appearence in Tony Parkes's testimonial! MGP would have put a much better shift in and would surely not have allowed Burnley to have as much territorial advantage in the firtst half.

Agree also. Stewart to me offers nothing, nor has he at his previous two championship clubs. Waste of a loan signing imo.

Archived