BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell has happened to our pitch? Ewood used to be immaculate.

It's been getting worse by the week. I think yesterday was the worst I can remember since Ewood was rebuilt

It needs taking up and replacing - that won't happen under the Raos.

Donno if you two have noticed but the weather has been too cold for grass to grow for quite some time. I'm suprised at you Paul cos you are in a horticulture related business aren't you? Look at your lawn and look at the fields and you will see that the grass is brown. I know we have undersoil heating but with the air temperature falling below 0 celsius virtually every night why do you think the grass at Ewood Park will be any different?

Desperate times mate indeed...some will settle for 'owt these days!

^_^

You miserable sod! :P

Honestly, mate Ewood was bouncing when we equalized. Bedlam. Sheer ecstasy. Joy etched on every Rovers fans' face. Nothing can dampen that.

For those Bumley fans - and Dyche - complaining Dunny was offside. This is a split-second AFTER the ball was kicked and Dunn is at least level.

E48CDF37-8DFD-47B7-8887-455469E39C8D-228

Lowe touched it to Dunn after that, Stu. Definetly offside, but that makes it even sweeter! :rover:

Lowe touched it to Dunn after that, Stu. Definetly offside, but that makes it even sweeter! :rover:

Ah fair enough, in fact, good. I thought Lowe missed it - presumably the linesman did too.

Jeez, can you imagine if the lino had flagged..!

What the hell has happened to our pitch? Ewood used to be immaculate.

It's been getting worse by the week. I think yesterday was the worst I can remember since Ewood was rebuilt

It needs taking up and replacing - that won't happen under the Raos.

Donno if you two have noticed but the weather has been too cold for grass to grow for quite some time. I'm suprised at you Paul cos you are in a horticulture related business aren't you? Look at your lawn and look at the fields and you will see that the grass is brown. I know we have undersoil heating but with the air temperature falling below 0 celsius virtually every night why do you think the grass at Ewood Park will be any different?

We are discussing the PITCH not the grass. The grass is a part of the pitch not the whole thing. If you cast your mind back I'm sure you will recall the pitch was in much better condition at this time in previous seasons.

The basic problem, from what I can see from the stand, is compaction with reduced drainage and aeration. A combination of the two will lead to damage of the playing surface and reduced growth to repair that damage. The area to the right of the BBE goal as viewed from the stand typifies this.

BTW undersoil heating is designed to prevent the pitch from freezing and remaining playable. It has nothing to do with plant growth.

Ah fair enough, in fact, good. I thought Lowe missed it - presumably the linesman did too.

I think if he had of flagged then that would of been his final breath! Don't think he had the balls to flag, just like the ref didn't for the penalties in the first half!

from the burnley express...

TWELVE people arrested following Burnley Football Club’s Championship
clash with Blackburn Rovers have been given a variety of charges. Police
confirmed that toilets in the away Darwen End at Ewood Park and eight
buses carrying Burnley fans were damaged on the day.

The following people were arrested:

John Thompson (21) of Catherine Street East, Horwich, was charged with
being drunk in a sports ground. He was released on bail to appear before
Blackburn magistrates on April 5th.

• Jason Talbot (30) of
Dalton Street, Burnley, was charged with being drunk and disorderly in a
public place. He was released on police bail to appear before Blackburn
magistrates on April 4th.

• Daniel Wright (20) of Hestham
Crescent, Morecambe, was charged under the Football Offences Act with
throwing a missile at an area adjacent to a pitch. He was released on
bail to appear before Blackburn magistrates on April 4th.

• A 17-year-old boy from Burnley was given a penalty notice for being drunk and disorderly in a public place.

• A 28-year-old man from Darwen was given a penalty notice for a public order offence.

• A 35-year-old man from Burnley was arrested on suspicion of affray and released on police bail until April 11th.

• A 25-year-old man from Bacup was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and released on police bail until April 12th.

• A 43-year-old man of no fixed abode was given an adult caution for being drunk and disorderly.

A 22-year-old man from Clitheroe was arrested on suspicion of criminal
damage. He was released on police bail until April 11th.

• A 49-year-old man from Accrington was given a penalty notice for a public order offence.

• An 18-year-old man from Accrington was given an adult caution for causing criminal damage.

A 17-year-old boy from Accrington was arrested on suspicion of causing
criminal damage and released on police bail until April 12th

We are discussing the PITCH not the grass. The grass is a part of the pitch not the whole thing. If you cast your mind back I'm sure you will recall the pitch was in much better condition at this time in previous seasons.

The basic problem, from what i can see from the stand, is compaction with reduced drainage and aeration. A combination of the two will lead damage to the playing surface and reduced growth to repair that damage. The area to the right of the BBE goal as viewed from the stand typifies this.

BTW undersoil heating is designed to prevent the pitch from freezing and remaining playable. It has nothing to do with plant growth.

I know that. I only mentioned it because I knew someone would cite it as a reason for the pitch to be perfect.

The camera work on Rovers Player is far better- Lowe flicks it through.

Best bit is at the final whistle when Dunny mocks the Burnley fans and pretends to cry! :lol:

Ive got a still of it. Trying to upload it onto here.

The camera work on Rovers Player is far better- Lowe flicks it through.

Best bit is at the final whistle when Dunny mocks the Burnley fans and pretends to cry! :lol:

Ive got a still of it. Trying to upload it onto here.

Please, please, please get it to work!!!!

Archived