BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

You thought you had won

You thought you had wooooon

You stupid Dingles

Forgot to mark Dunn!

Not original but still makes me smile

So a still that shows the moment the ball is kicked and the positioning of the attack and defence isn't an angle you'd use to decide if something is offside or not?

"interfering with play" used to be the term used...... no fault of the officials that until that moment none of the players had been! :rover:

• 3 weeks later...

Just been past Cherry Tree railway station, GMP storm troopers on the platform in large numbers, some would say its a show of strength to head off any trouble, some would say its a complete waste of tax payers money.....

You decide.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm putting this link here. Its in relation to the over Policing of certain matches. Personally I think this is an infringement of civil liberties. What do you think?

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/play-off-semi-final-away-leg-801736.aspx

Looks like Thatcher as good as posthumously got her wish of football fans carrying ID cards....

This is ridiculous. Fans, not just with ticket prices have been treated like criminals for far too long.

Looks like Thatcher as good as posthumously got her wish of football fans carrying ID cards....

This is ridiculous. Fans, not just with ticket prices have been treated like criminals for far too long.

Venkys are killing us. Lancs Police are all but killing the Cotton Mill Derby and away ticket prices are mostly over priced.

Might have to franchise myself off to Man City or summat...

All away fans must carry a separate document which confirms their identity :(

If that happens in the dingle game then that's the day its over ,its a football game and nothing else. On a side note was anyone having a naughty schoolboy giggle when the site says "enter brighton ".

While I disagree with the principle, do most normal people not carry their wallet with them and driver's license in it anyway?

nope its in a drawer at home.

While I disagree with the principle, do most normal people not carry their wallet with them and driver's license in it anyway?

I don't....and even if I did I have never been asked to prove my identity, thats the point surely.

Its just getting more and more pathetic really isn't it, from Gestapo type restrictions on attending games, to making 60k fans travel from the North West to London and not provide trains for them to get home, all because Sky says so.

Tell you what just as a side note, if Sky said “Investigate Venkys or we pull the money” I can guarantee no stone would be left unturned until Venkys got cleared or convicted.

Modern day football, don’t you just love it.

They'll do it to us, no doubt about it. And we'll let them.

As with the enforced buses, the kick-off times, the pub closures and the convoys… most people will shrug and say 'well, if it stops the trouble I don't mind'.

Hull City tried to take a stand to their credit, every other club pretty much just lies down and takes it.

Just shows how far behind Germany we are in this country on and off the pitch.

Over there the game is set up for the enjoyment of supporters, not just to make the associated hangers-on rich.

• Backroom

Tbh, I was kind of going off the assumption that everyone under the age of 30 (as a generality) gets checked for ID in any pub or club when buying a drink. And this is probably the more likely age group (18-30) to travel to away games.

I disagree that we should have to do it, but I can understand the reasons for it (and it wouldn't impact my away day trip other than showing someone a bit of card).

Agreed on the point about Germany. Football should be for the fans.

They'll do it to us, no doubt about it. And we'll let them.

As with the enforced buses, the kick-off times, the pub closures and the convoys… most people will shrug and say 'well, if it stops the trouble I don't mind'.

Hull City tried to take a stand to their credit, every other club pretty much just lies down and takes it.

Their boycott of that game worked as in the end only a few hundered travelled to a game normally a few thousand would. If the games on next season i wonder if the clubs will complain about it greatly reducing the attendance and it will be relaxed. A lot of it is up to the clubs to make a stand but they won't as sending people on coaches and making them pay reduces the police bill no doubt.

Tbh, I was kind of going off the assumption that everyone under the age of 30 (as a generality) gets checked for ID in any pub or club when buying a drink. And this is probably the more likely age group (18-30) to travel to away games.

I disagree that we should have to do it, but I can understand the reasons for it (and it wouldn't impact my away day trip other than showing someone a bit of card).

Agreed on the point about Germany. Football should be for the fans.

I'd love to hear what the reasons for it are. What exactly are the reasons for stopping law abiding citizens going about their business unhindered?

Unless and until football fans stand together and fight back then these restrictions will continue and, as this latest step demonstrates, will actually become increasingly draconian.

• Moderation Lead

I realise Brighton and Palace is a derby of sorts, but it's not like there's a history of bother when they've met is there?

(I've not bothered googling, but I don't recall ever hearing anything untoward!!)

Archived