BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

There was a banner behind the Darwen End goal. "Darwen Clarets".

What's that all about, how many members do they have then?

The walk home must have been interesting.

I was amongst a group of 15 ardent blue and white darreners at the game; it's fair to say we were fuming with that flag!

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was amongst a group of 15 ardent blue and white darreners at the game; it's fair to say we were fuming with that flag!

The chap in question has lived in Darwen for years, Hollins Grove if memory serves me correctly, hardly something to get wound up about, although I wasn't proud a few altercations with said chap in my younger days....

Plenty of Rovers in burnley and surrounding areas, saw a Blackburn flag near burnley hospital on route home from the morgue after Rhodes bagged his goal.

Don't worry yourself about that! I live in fear that luck may even itself out, that's the trouble.

The still doesn't show where Dunn was when the original cross began its journey. That could be the key as to why the assistant missed it. He might have thought Lowe didn't touch it?

Dunn was DEFINITELY onside for the first cross.

Did Lowe DEFINITELY touch it?

Lowe claimed the assist on Radio Lancashire, said it came of his big toe.

Assist? He was trying to control it! If that was an assist then Jason Lowe can trap it further than I can kick it!

It appeared to be offside simply cos of Lowe's failings but who cares? Refs always favour the bigger teams. We are to Burnley what Man Utd are to us. I've lost count of the number of times United have cheated us in the past 20 years with unjustified sendings off on our part, non sendings off on their part and goals that should never have been allowed.

Move on.

Assist? He was trying to control it! If that was an assist then Jason Lowe can trap it further than I can kick it!

It appeared to be offside simply cos of Lowe's failings but who cares? Refs always favour the bigger teams. We are to Burnley what Man Utd are to us. I've lost count of the number of times United have cheated us in the past 20 years with unjustified sendings off on our part, non sendings off on their part and goals that should never have been allowed.

Move on.

We really aren't. We used to be.

We really aren't. We used to be.

We always will be.

Stills rarely prove anything in offsides. From a different angle things can look entirely different.

That should be on a BRFCS T-shirt.

I'd like one of those.

We always will be.

We know that isn't necessarily true and looks less likely every day.

Stills rarely prove anything in offsides. From a different angle things can look entirely different.

So a still that shows the moment the ball is kicked and the positioning of the attack and defence isn't an angle you'd use to decide if something is offside or not?

We know that isn't necessarily true and looks less likely every day.

BS Everything about the club from the ground to the class of supporters is infinitely superior. Fact.

So a still that shows the moment the ball is kicked and the positioning of the attack and defence isn't an angle you'd use to decide if something is offside or not?

You are a reasonably intelligent person and you know as well as I do that if you change the angle that a photograph is taken from you can entirely change the looks of a scene depending upon what you want to "prove".

Move on.

Gordon don't forget the goal Kalinic scored vs Man Utd that was flagged offside when replays showed he was clearly onon ESPN even the Utd fans in the pub agreed the goal should have stood.

BS Everything about the club from the ground to the class of supporters is infinitely superior. Fact.

You are a reasonably intelligent person and you know as well as I do that if you change the angle that a photograph is taken from you can entirely change the looks of a scene depending upon what you want to "prove".

Yes, it is at the moment. You seemed to be saying it would stay that way forever. I'm simply saying it doesn't have to with Venky's in charge.

If you can't accept that the goal was offside you're more biased than I thought. I happen to like the fact it was offside. We can now sing 'David Dunn stood offside' to the tune of 'Martin Olsson took a dive'.

• Backroom

Yes, it is at the moment. You seemed to be saying it would stay that way forever. I'm simply saying it doesn't have to with Venky's in charge.

If you can't accept that the goal was offside you're more biased than I thought. I happen to like the fact it was offside. We can now sing 'David Dunn stood offside' to the tune of 'Martin Olsson took a dive'.

It's 'David Dunn was miles offside'.

I haven't seen anything that shows a clear view but come on, had the penalty shout not been bottled we would not have been discussing this. This is football crazy things happen. The one that always sticks in my mind is the two points stolen from us at Carrow Road. Nzonzis looking around for the ball which drops from the sky, hits him on top of the shoulder and ref blows penalty for handball. It happens.

Archived