BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is that bad? Bogs and exit's are at the back and it's an all seater stand.

You know as well as I that the knuckle draggers were only going down to cause trouble..... albeit as always from a safe distance and with a number of police and stewards between them and a good hiding.

Bravehearts? I think not.

If you sat on the first row near the Darwen end you couldn't make it out of your seat without being pushed away, most people weren't tryin to get past the police or cause trouble the police could if just stood abit back and asked them to move on but instead they formed a wall and basically ran into the rovers fans. Think they wanted something to happen to justify the heavy police numbers.

Also they have thanked the toilet and seat smashing bottle throwing 6 fingered EDL loving inbreds for there support.

Very pleased to have escaped with a draw from this fixture. For long periods it looked like we would lose and Burnley will understandably be very disappointed. And that sums things up perfectly at this time......

We are ALL hugely pleased to scrape a last minute equaliser against 10 man Burnley at Ewood Park!

It's funny that all the Burnley fans are talking about how Rovers had celebrated like they had just won the league, when the did the exact same thing at Turf Moor

I think i said elsewhere, whilst we were in the basement division, almost going out of the league you set off on a Journey with Jack. Just how far have you fallen in 2 years that a last minute equaliser, against 10 man Burnley, is seen as such a fantastic achievement? 3 years ago even being in that position would have been seen as abject failure, now it is seen as success?

On the songs, I'm not here to apologise for every idiot who turns up in a football ground. It is simply wrong and not even funny. Unfortunately it happens and I wouldn't be so sure you lot won't have a Kilby song in time - you haven't yet because 90+% of your fan base won't have a clue who he is or what he did for us - I heard many a thing about Bob Lord back in the day. By the way I'm not trying to justify what people do and sing, just pointing out that it has always and most likely will always happen.

On the other stuff, well you all know the state you left the toilets and seats at the turf in so not sure you can really get on your high horses. It is still pointless, dangerous, achieves nothing. I think in future rather than the draconian travel measures it would be simpler to impose strict ticket buying criteria because I can't help but feel, as a poster said elsewhere, that the restrictions put off decent fans whilst the idiots out to cause carnage pick up the available tickets - we certainly had a lot going on general sale this time.

On the clown who says 'we will go down' - in time almost certainly but this season? Unlikely at this point.

• Backroom

Bit of a daft comment Longsiders, we all know how far we have fallen but if we were top of the premier league or mid table league two and we equalised against you in the last minute to keep up the unbeaten run the celebrations would have been the same

In fact in any game when a team equalises in the last moments the crowd go mad, now add in the fact we were moments away from losing a long standing record and the bragging rights against our fiercest rivals and of course your going to get that reaction

I think i said elsewhere, whilst we were in the basement division, almost going out of the league you set off on a Journey with Jack. Just how far have you fallen in 2 years that a last minute equaliser, against 10 man Burnley, is seen as such a fantastic achievement? 3 years ago even being in that position would have been seen as abject failure, now it is seen as success?

On the songs, I'm not here to apologise for every idiot who turns up in a football ground. It is simply wrong and not even funny. Unfortunately it happens and I wouldn't be so sure you lot won't have a Kilby song in time - you haven't yet because 90+% of your fan base won't have a clue who he is or what he did for us - I heard many a thing about Bob Lord back in the day. By the way I'm not trying to justify what people do and sing, just pointing out that it has always and most likely will always happen.

On the other stuff, well you all know the state you left the toilets and seats at the turf in so not sure you can really get on your high horses. It is still pointless, dangerous, achieves nothing. I think in future rather than the draconian travel measures it would be simpler to impose strict ticket buying criteria because I can't help but feel, as a poster said elsewhere, that the restrictions put off decent fans whilst the idiots out to cause carnage pick up the available tickets - we certainly had a lot going on general sale this time.

On the clown who says 'we will go down' - in time almost certainly but this season? Unlikely at this point.

I don't think I've read anywhere that the result was a fantastic achievement or a success, however given the vile songs about Jack Walker (sung not by a hand full either), the dogs abuse the Dunn gets from your lot, the fact you haven't beaten us for 33 years (soon to be 34), the timing of the goal and the fact that the club has fallen so far of course the goal/result/continued record will be celebrated... "cry in a minute" was the song from the dingles ba$tards "you'll never beat the rovers" was the song from the home end. A great derby day, however the club (rovers) must IMO look at reducing the allocation to Burnley should we play you next season. I've read, although don't know if its true, that Burnley will be sent the bill for the Darwen End, however its not really the point. If fans can't behave then they shouldn't be given the tickets.

If it was my decision to make, you'd be given 1500 tickets and stuck in the top corner of the Darwen End in the future... a sad reflection on your support I'm afraid.

You're a typical bitter bumley fan who comes on here and tries to be objective with his tongue firmly in his cheek, you show your true colors when its hurting, and today its hurting

:tu::lol:

Just to pull you up on a point for the sake of it. When you were in the basement of football (where you belong) nearly going out of the league 87/88ish i think, we were in fact bobbling along nicely in the 2nd division. The Walker revolution in fact started some 3 years later. Football in Blackburn started in 1875 a fact that you Yorkshire inbred toads seem to swerve with your 1992 onwards garb.

Not hurting at all Gav, it's football, it happens and today is another day.

You will though notice that whilst you and your friends feel the need to talk about inbreds and toads etc I have avoided the need to descend into the realm of petty, childlish insults. I will admit, it does give me an incredible sense of superiority.

And Tom, I based what I said on this from Wiki, maybe it is inaccurate?:

In 1986, at the invitation of the then chairman Bill Fox, Jack Walker, then a vice president at the club, donated the funds for a new stand at the dilapidated Ewood Park. The WalkerSteel (now known as the Riverside) Stand was built.[7] It is also thought that his money was used to pay for the acquisition and wages of Ossie Ardiles and Steve Archibald in the 1987-88 season.[5]

On that I think 'started on a journey was a reasonably fair statement.

You will though notice that whilst you and your friends feel the need to talk about inbreds and toads etc I have avoided the need to descend into the realm of petty, childlish insults. I will admit, it does give me an incredible sense of superiority.

And Tom, I based what I said on this from Wiki, maybe it is inaccurate?:

In 1986, at the invitation of the then chairman Bill Fox, Jack Walker, then a vice president at the club, donated the funds for a new stand at the dilapidated Ewood Park. The WalkerSteel (now known as the Riverside) Stand was built.[/size][7] It is also thought that his money was used to pay for the acquisition and wages of [/size]Ossie Ardiles and [/size]Steve Archibald in the 1987-88 season.[/size][5]

On that I think 'started on a journey was a reasonably fair statement.

Yes Jack helped out with the Riverside, donating the steel for the structure i believe. Don't think it's any seceret that he paid Archibalds wages either. What a Fan, what a bloke god bless him ! Did butcher Bob not start you lot on a journey a decade or so earlier ?

You're hurting alright, you wouldn't be a bumley if you weren't :D

I bet you're not hurting as much as the lad in the away end that was smacked in the head with a seat thrown his own fans! thick as pig kean springs to mind, wasn't you was it? :rock:

I think it's a bit rich us complaining about Dingles singing sick songs and trashing the toilets. We do that at their place every time we go there after all.

My wild celebrations yesterday were purely out of relief and joy of seeing deserved victory snatched away from that lot at the end but looking back they were the better team and we were lucky but who cares. 34 years!

• Backroom

I think it's a bit rich us complaining about Dingles singing sick songs and trashing the toilets. We do that at their place every time we go there after all.

My wild celebrations yesterday were purely out of relief and joy of seeing deserved victory snatched away from that lot at the end but looking back they were the better team and we were lucky but who cares. 34 years!

The celebrations were as much a mocking of them for coming so close being so cocky about it then having it snatched from them at the death rather than celebrating a point that's for sure

Weirdly before the game I was only bothered about a result for what it meant for the league but as time went on the impending loss became harder to take so much so that I was on the steps ready to make a quick Exit at full time and not have to hear the gloating when we scored and chaos ensued. Needless to say I then decided to stay in the stand a bit longer after the whistle

I listened to the game at work and Kevin Gallacher basically could not believe what he was watching from this Rovers side..it was embarrassing to listen to.Injuries aside to players, Rovers just looking to play the long ball,devoid of quality and attacking threat nearly all game...made to look second best by a @#/? pot Burnley side at Ewood.Like I say,I missed my first ever derby game since '83 and I stand to be corrected by anyone who was there in the flesh who can tell a different story.

I'm glad the record is still intact (cold comfort indeed!) but by christ it appears we were lucky,its fookin poor fare....this is how far we have fallen.

I listened to the game at work and Kevin Gallacher basically could not believe what he was watching from this Rovers side..it was embarrassing to listen to.Injuries aside to players, Rovers just looking to play the long ball,devoid of quality and attacking threat nearly all game...made to look second best by a @#/? pot Burnley side at Ewood.Like I say,I missed my first ever derby game since '83 and I stand to be corrected by anyone who was there in the flesh who can tell a different story.

I'm glad the record is still intact (cold comfort indeed!) but by christ it appears we were lucky,its fookin poor fare....this is how far we have fallen.

When Dunny scored that goal SG it was one of the best feelings I can remember having at a match at Ewood, thats how good it was for me, and I've seen many derby games going back to 1970's.

Your comments are echoed by every burnley fan I've spoken to so far today, you've been amongst them for far to long me thinks!

• Backroom

Imo, I saw 2 halves. I saw the shambles 1st half that is reminiscent of our last 6 games and the 2nd half which was more like Appleton's initial run. We'll never play 'well' as we were used to in the PL while we're in this league and I think some people need to get used to that idea.

Really enjoyed my first visit to Ewood Park. The game was crap, passing was awful and we it didn't look that we would ever score in that game.

The atmosphere was great though. And the crowd went absolutely mental when we scored the equalizer. I was standing at the lower left side of blackburn end.

Great atmosphere at fox n hounds before the game, and at blues bar after the game. Deffo coming back soon. 2 days of deep fried food was enough though ;)

• Backroom

Sometimes the truth cuts deep Gav,can you honestly say you were proud of the performance?

This was a p1ss pot Burnley side down to 10 men for most of the second half pal,we managed to snatch a draw from the jaws of defeat at home,nothing to brag about here.

It's how far Venky's have dragged the fans down mate, that a last-gasp draw against an awful dingles team down to 10-men is one of the best things ever.

Archived