BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

According to the BBC we had 9 shots on target to Burnley's three.

Burnley's three must have all been in the first half because I think they could have been 3-0 up by the break.

Every team that I can remember that has come to Ewood this season has played better than us. Relegation form.

That said, it felt like we'd won the cup with Dunny's equaliser. Just deserts methinks.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morris must be given more playing time. You cannot judge the lad on 45 minutes.

Appleton cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Another manager who is trying to do the same is Mr Wonderful Martin O'Neill at Sunderland. And he's seriously struggling.

• Backroom

Morris wasn't bad at all today imo. He gave olsson and Jones a left-sided outlet and kept things ticking over to let olsson bomb on.

2nd half was better than we've had for a while, but you wonder how we'd be faring if we played that way with a fully fit squad. We've shown Appleton we can play a bit more on the floor, so he should start focusing on that aspect of our play!

Well, we keep saying it, they won't get a better chance. Maybe they will. Who knows. Good grief we were poor though.

However, despite their bravado, cockiness, and confidence at the end of the game - "we are the @#/?s in claret and blue" the facts shout out to anyone with half a brain cell....

You simply can't polish a turd.

We still "own" burnley fc. They're just not good enough, just a big bag of classless crap to be honest. Diving about, kicking players. Riding their luck until the 95th minute. Until Dunny decided to ruin you, again.

What a sickener eh Longsiders, Sam? Up there with the 5 - 0 lads?

Surprised Leon Bests dreadfull 1st halve performance hasn't had a mention, if he'd have used possession better we would have had a better 1st halve, the opening 10-15 mins where quite positive until Bests head dropped and the rest of the team seemed to lose sight after that.

I've been wondering what happened to Gomes after the impressive start to the season he had, now he see, he must have taken over pie eating duties from Dunn, he looks about 2 stone heavier and has a proper flabby muffin top, still got a few nice touches on the ball though.

I think Best got an injury in the warm up. He didn't finish the drills with the rest of the first ten outfield players and then Goodwillie then had a pretty intensive warm up with one of the conditioning team on his own.

In my opinion we're not as bad as some are making out. Burnley were marginally better on the day but we dug in and got some reward. There is a dearth of quality at times but today's performance was the best for a number of weeks and hopefully some of the walking wounded will be ready for Blackpool.

There was some poetic justice today for Burnley and the way they went about their business in the second half. Their clear time wasting was epitomized by Wallace who w as s Tugayesque in his walk across the pitch to be subbed. Why on earth the referee allowed him to come back on without the game starting in the first place was a mystery to me. The referee was wrong in law in this incident but some justice was done with the six added minutes.

Still somewhat rich coming from him given that we suffered a catastrophic run of results after he came in as assistant to seal our relegation.

Still the players fault eh Parson?

Or is Appleton rather more Jim Iley than Gordon Lee?

The last time I looked Rev it was the players who were on the pitch and it was the players who made life difficult for themselves.

As for Appleton I will judge him after the summer when he has had a pre-season and been able to change the squad to one which he wants. I well remember in 1973-74 that Lee came in for some tremendous stick on the back of some poor performances and disappointing results, particularly after Tony Field and Terry Garbutt had been sold. Only time will tell if Appleton will be a success in the long run or not. At the moment I agree that things are not looking too bright, but then again, I blame the folk who sacked Allardyce and replaced him with Kean. The same folk who forced out John Williams, Tom Finn, Martin Goodman and Andrew Pincher and replaced them with Shebby, Shaw and Agnew. The lunes in Pune are the ones I hold responsible for the mess we are in. Managers come and go, players come and go but the mismanagment from Pune seems the one constant.

Well, we keep saying it, they won't get a better chance. Maybe they will. Who knows. Good grief we were poor though.

However, despite their bravado, cockiness, and confidence at the end of the game - "we are the @#/?s in claret and blue" the facts shout out to anyone with half a brain cell....

You simply can't polish a turd.

We still "own" burnley fc. They're just not good enough, just a big bag of classless crap to be honest. Diving about, kicking players. Riding their luck until the 95th minute. Until Dunny decided to ruin you, again.

What a sickener eh Longsiders, Sam? Up there with the 5 - 0 lads?

Can you imagine the sense of loss up in the hills in Yorkshire ?

One minute from breaking the 34 year Hoodoo, ONE MINUTE

The last time I looked Rev it was the players who were on the pitch and it was the players who made life difficult for themselves.

As for Appleton I will judge him after the summer when he has had a pre-season and been able to change the squad to one which he wants. I well remember in 1973-74 that Lee came in for some tremendous stick on the back of some poor performances and disappointing results, particularly after Tony Field and Terry Garbutt had been sold. Only time will tell if Appleton will be a success in the long run or not. At the moment I agree that things are not looking too bright, but then again, I blame the folk who sacked Allardyce and replaced him with Kean. The same folk who forced out John Williams, Tom Finn, Martin Goodman and Andrew Pincher and replaced them with Shebby, Shaw and Agnew. The lunes in Pune are the ones I hold responsible for the mess we are in. Managers come and go, players come and go but the mismanagment from Pune seems the one constant.

don't forget laurel & hardy down at Ewood,

I know its been said a million times before, but- if the venkys aren't prepared to personally come over and invest serious time into running the club then they need to find somebody vastly experienced and respected in the game at a high level(John Williams-esque) to run it far them with complete control(instead of the clowns they have at the club now(singh,shaw,agnew)

don't forget laurel & hardy down at Ewood,

I know its been said a million times before, but- if the venkys aren't prepared to personally come over and invest serious time into running the club then they need to find somebody vastly experienced and respected in the game at a high level(John Williams-esque) to run it far them with complete control(instead of the clowns they have at the club now(singh,shaw,agnew)

They had people of real quality and got rid of them. The question you need to ask is why? Perhaps good administrators and excellent managers might not want to be at a club that is run in the way that Venkys run it.

I think Lowe should be cut some slack - he is a boy trying to do a man's job

He works tirelessly for the team and has bags of energy!

He seems to be learning his trade and is finding space for himself more and more often - a great player a water carrier in the making!

Corrected for you.... see '2'.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2377/top-10/2010/11/28/2235602/top-10-eric-cantona-quotes-seagulls-water-carrier-terminator-and-

According to the BBC we had 9 shots on target to Burnley's three.

I think 8 of em came in that almighty scramble in Burnley's box just before the end. The other I'm sure you won't need reminding of. :rover:

I didn't see today's game but I couldn't disagree more. He's atrocious in CM.

Better at RB but I'd far sooner see Adam Henley in that position. Can't see any future for him at Ewood other than as a squad filler.

If Appleton or any subsequent manager see him as a permanent fixture in CM we really are sunk imo.

He'll be ok with a decent partner.

The worry today is why tf Appleton a. picked Stewart and b. left him on after ht. How that lad makes a living out of football is totally beyond me. He's the worst player that I have seen in the blue and white halves since Simon Garner's appearence in Tony Parkes's testimonial! MGP would have put a much better shift in and would surely not have allowed Burnley to have as much territorial advantage in the firtst half.

burnley are a disgrace. they had a chance to beat us today but blewit. their fans disgraced themselves (again). one steward told me the level ofv abuse he alone suffered forced him to pack it in at half time. they are an absolute throwback to the seventies. even 40 , 50 year old blokes swearing their heads off at little kids who had the temerity to wear rovers colours. absolute idiots. as for rovers, if we can't beat burnley who are playing 2 or 3 leagues above their station ,we have problems. i think bumley may go down this year.... deservedly. let them find their level

Morris wasn't bad at all today imo. He gave olsson and Jones a left-sided outlet and kept things ticking over to let olsson bomb on.

I agree. Out of position but much much better than the useless beggar that he replaced on the left wing.

The Dunn Goal from a dingle perspective for those who haven't seen it or just want to feel good :) pity it cuts off their reaction

Thanks PB. Just found myself watching that over and over "ow mi god". :lol:

Can you imagine the sense of loss up in the hills in Yorkshire ?

One minute from breaking the 34 year Hoodoo, ONE MINUTE

Yes, yes I can. Then up pops a feckin Rovers fan and scores. Honestly, what a nightmare for them.

You know AS, it's incredible, over the last two years we've just overseen the wilful destruction of our club by charlatans, idiots and chancers. Yet they still can't beat us. I mean, how bad are they? We've been royally bummed by Kean, Venkys and co and they still can't do it.

They had people of real quality and got rid of them. The question you need to ask is why? Perhaps good administrators and excellent managers might not want to be at a club that is run in the way that Venkys run it.

I'm sure that is the case, this is what Venkys are going to after decide fast(or just acknowledge, to begin with), They must fundamentally change their ways of running the club or cut their losses and let us go to the highest bidder.

I think 8 of em came in that almighty scramble in Burnley's box just before the end. The other I'm sure you won't need reminding of. :rover:

He'll be ok with a decent partner.

The worry today is why tf Appleton a. picked Stewart and b. left him on after ht. How that lad makes a living out of football is totally beyond me. He's the worst player that I have seen in the blue and white halves since Simon Garner's appearence in Tony Parkes's testimonial! MGP would have put a much better shift in and would surely not have allowed Burnley to have as much territorial advantage in the firtst half.

I thought Stewart did quite well in the 2nd half and showed good potential, especially considering he's young, new to the club and just come back from injury(he was a big improvement over Leon'the lump'Best once he moved inside anyway), Morten had to many chances this year to show he's still got something to offer and he's been a let down every time.

Archived