BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

Sometimes the truth cuts deep Gav,can you honestly say you were proud of the performance?

This was a p1ss pot Burnley side down to 10 men for most of the second half pal,we managed to snatch a draw from the jaws of defeat at home,nothing to brag about here.

What the hell does being proud of the performance have to do with it? its burnley we're talking about here, its win or not get beat at all costs and we managed that, 5 minutes into time added on, I guess you had to be there.....

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been getting worse by the week. I think yesterday was the worst I can remember since Ewood was rebuilt

It needs taking up and replacing - that won't happen under the Raos.

May be wrong Paul but I believe it is fully replaced every close season.

I listened to the game at work and Kevin Gallacher basically could not believe what he was watching from this Rovers side..it was embarrassing to listen to.Injuries aside to players, Rovers just looking to play the long ball,devoid of quality and attacking threat nearly all game...made to look second best by a @#/? pot Burnley side at Ewood.Like I say,I missed my first ever derby game since '83 and I stand to be corrected by anyone who was there in the flesh who can tell a different story.

I'm glad the record is still intact (cold comfort indeed!) but by christ it appears we were lucky,its fookin poor fare....this is how far we have fallen.

Ah Kevin Gallagher. Didn't he back Kean last season (and have a pop at the fans too) and more recently has given the impression of an embittered ex player who thinks the world (and Rovers) owe him a living. Ask yourself why did he never took up coaching or managing after he retired.

Ah Kevin Gallagher. Didn't he back Kean last season (and have a pop at the fans too) and more recently has given the impression of an embittered ex player who thinks the world (and Rovers) owe him a living. Ask yourself why did he never took up coaching or managing after he retired.

Think he has been taking a coaching badge this year.

The game definately changed with the sending off. Burnley pulled everyone back to try and defend their lead and at last, Rovers found that bit more time and space to go forward. I thought the attacking pressure in the last ten minutes was better than for quite a while and hopefully, this can act as a catalyst in the final nine matches.Cracks were papered over a little but I did see some determination yesterday.I can't remember much trouble that Burnley caused our goalkeeper in the second half. With just 4 points between us and the dotted line, doing a Portsmouth is still very possible. I suggeste 9 points as a minumum requirement. BTW I thought Andy Cryer was harsh to give Rhodes, Best and Stewart "3".

He has just done his UEFA B Licence. He did criticise Kean last year, and for that he has not had any "pundit" work from the SEM Cronies at Sky since.

Yesterday felt like a win, don't agree with comments on here about the supporters being muted they'd at of been sat in the jack walker stand. The atmosphere in the riverside was the best it's been in years. The police handled it bad just hitting anyone who went near the front. Thought we were awful for the first 60mins until they went down to 10 men then we absolute dominated and played proper football.

David Dunn is blue and white he hates burnley!

Wrong. The Jack Walker stand went mad when Dunny scored. If you want to appreciate the football that is the place to be, not freezing your @#/? off and streaming off early on the Riverside.

He has just done his UEFA B Licence. He did criticise Kean last year, and for that he has not had any "pundit" work from the SEM Cronies at Sky since.

If that's true Ozz, it explains a lot.

Is that not just because he works for the BBC? I can't think of any other BBC football pundits who pop up on Sky on a regular basis.

That video only shows a bit of Dunny's celebrations. He then took his shirt off and waved it at the Dingles and pretended to cry.

Was that after the goal or after the game?

Cheers mate

(I was too busy going absolutely radio rental!)

Annoyingly there is probably loads of footage taken by dingles of Dunn's goal and the aftermath but I doubt any of them will ever be sporting enough to post it.

There's this one:

Really surprised they put it up. They were probably filming for the final whistle. This video would have been one of the ones used to wind us up for years to come but instead it's one for us to savour. If somebody could make some form of copy that'd be great because I imagine it will be taken down by whoever filmed it at some point. It's wonderful. They press stop the second they realise what's happened but it finishes on the split second of it dawning on them what had happened.

And here's one of the tools finding criminal damage humourous.

I dont think there is a shre dof doubt of just how poor Rovers fared yesterday in the first half. It was a gutless tepid effort with little or no creativity, no bravery no pride and that incldues Mr Dunn, who in the first half must have thought he could singlehandedly beat bumley. His lack of vision almost cost us so dearly in that first 45 minutes. So poor wa sthe cohesion within Rovers ranks bumley could easily have been so far ahead if they were any good.

The second half really want that much better after all is said and done. Yes a little more effort maybe pride but Dunn aside where was the pride and bravery going forward ? Where is the spark of creativity within the team ?

Rovers are seriously lacking.

After 70 minutes or so there was never a thought that Rovers could score, even against 10 men such was the lack of belief in the Rovers ranks. Too much tippy tappy football and not enough direct attacking left is with a hill to climb.

After 90 minutes I began my walk out of the JW Upper because I couldnmt live with the thought of seeing the record smashed and the potential celebration from our six fingered scumbags occupying the darwen end lower. As I reached the Blackburn End Dunny saved us all from the embarassment of defeat, he saved the day but more importantly did he infuse the touch paper that screams belief into the playing side of the club ? With that one swipe did he bring together the supporters ? With that point have Rovers given themselves a shot of belief ?

I am not going to comment on idiots, both sides have them, both are inbreds amongst themselves and need shredding.

Damaging our ground ? Says it all about their mentality and I make the same remark about our own clowns who did the same at their ground.

Atmosphere was rocking, its great to have witnessed that type of fan reaction at Ewood after Venkys and Kean killed it.

That security outfit now associated with BRFC are nothing more than morons an thugs in disguise, some fo them need taking down three or four pegs and it is only a matter of time before one of them gets seriously hurt by a fellow fan. What I saw by one of them was a full on assault on a fan who was much smaller and that says it all about how they behave. If that fan is one of our members and wants a witness then I am your man.

Finally, its not about gloating about scabbing a draw with our neighbours it about preserving our fine and proud record in not getting beaten and extending the time of suffering the dingles endure through their teams lack of ability to beat a Rovers team home or away. Venkys have seen fit to ruin everything else about our club HOWEVER, the current record held by Rovers over the team in our shadows is something they couldnt destroy.

RTID

I

That security outfit now associated with BRFC are nothing more than morons an thugs in disguise, some fo them need taking down three or four pegs and it is only a matter of time before one of them gets seriously hurt by a fellow fan. What I saw by one of them was a full on assault on a fan who was much smaller and that says it all about how they behave. If that fan is one of our members and wants a witness then I am your man.

Finally, its not about gloating about scabbing a draw with our neighbours it about preserving our fine and proud record in not getting beaten and extending the time of suffering the dingles endure through their teams lack of ability to beat a Rovers team home or away. Venkys have seen fit to ruin everything else about our club HOWEVER, the current record held by Rovers over the team in our shadows is something they couldnt destroy.

RTID

Is this new company that are doing the stewarding one of Kung Fu panda hidden driver's companies (Apparently started a new one around the time he was appointed head of Kean's SS )?

Is this new company that are doing the stewarding one of Kung Fu panda hidden driver's companies (Apparently started a new one around the team he was appointed head of Kean's SS )?

yes i think so. he's not got owt for do now kean has gone.

yes i think so. he's not got owt for do now kean has gone.

Explains a lot no doubt a few doormen and boneheads from the Manchester area ,must be Rovers supporters as some went to a few away games last season apparently ;) ,

Has Panda got his NVQ in stadium management yet?

Just done his UEFA B? How long ago did he retire? It's took him that long to realise he is a cheap pundit.

Archived