BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

Thank god for that, now I can continue punishing myself following this shower. I can fully enjoy the drop to Division 3. Where we was when I started. Great for Dunny I couldn't be more pleased for him.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. 1437:

Blackburn 1-1 Burnley

BBC Sport's Karen Fazackerley reporting from Ewood Park:

"There is trouble at the final whistle here at Ewood Park, as Burnley

fans and Blackburn fans clash. Police and stewards are trying to keep

them apart and are doing a good job it seems."

Just like the old days !

I think what today has illustrated is that Michael Appleton is not fit for purpose.

"OOoooooh, he's rated by Fergie!"

"Oooooh, Roy Hodgson thinks he's the bee's knees"

"Oh look, he's brought in a fitness guru who's worked with England"

"Ooooooh, look at the size of him, I wouldn't mess, Darren Moore as well."

"Ooooh, bless him he has an authentic northern accent"

Do me a @#/? favour. This guy's no better than Berg or Kean. I hope today doesn't cover up just how useless he is.

Blackburn 1-1 Burnley

BBC Sport's Karen Fazackerley reporting from Ewood Park: "There is trouble at the final whistle here at Ewood Park, as Burnley fans and Blackburn fans clash. Police and stewards are trying to keep them apart and are doing a good job it seems."

I think what today has illustrated is that Michael Appleton is not fit for purpose.

"OOoooooh, he's rated by Fergie!"

"Oooooh, Roy Hodgson thinks he's the bee's knees"

"Oh look, he's brought in a fitness guru who's worked with England"

"Ooooooh, look at the size of him, I wouldn't mess, Darren Moore as well."

"Ooooh, bless him he has an authentic northern accent"

Do me a @#/? favour. This guy's no better than Berg or Kean. I hope today doesn't cover up just how useless he is.

+1000

Blackburn 1-1 Burnley[/size]

BBC Sport's Karen Fazackerley reporting from Ewood Park: "There is trouble at the final whistle here at Ewood Park, as Burnley fans and Blackburn fans clash. Police and stewards are trying to keep them apart and are doing a good job it seems."

Wonder if your fans can land more punches on target than your team did shots!

Anyway, well done I guess but I can't pretend it isn't a little difficult to take.

well at least were only 4 points off safety now.(prosuming no one has been relegated with 50 pts).

Records are there to be broken and I'm sure if it is the best interest of certain people and their friends in the boardroom we will have a damn good crack at breaking it.

Had to be dunn didn't it bet the dingles are spewing :)

Anyway, well done I guess but I can't pretend it isn't a little difficult to take.

Yeah, football's got a way of ruining your day. That fact that we/ I'm delighted with a draw and I would have been at 12.30 tells you all you need to know. See you next season, maybe.

Not rubbing it in Longers but you should feel more gutted than after the 5-0 game really. Well done for coming on here so soon afterwards though mate, and it really is only a matter of time now before you do us. Bet you couldn't believe just how shyte we actually were.

• Backroom

Awful awful awful but we escaped

I do have some questions I'd like a burnley fan to answer though

1 - remember when you cheered your players time wasting? How did that turn out for you?

2 - you said David Dunn was going to cry in a minute, what changed?

3 - did you dare to dream?

Seriously though another really poor game by both teams the fact they had ten men for half an hour and barely had to defend says more about us under Appleton than any run of form I fear

Oh and the seats being thrown at the end show why the measures are in place

They just showed the highlights on Sky Sports News

Dunny celebrating in front of the Dingles then karate kicking the corner flag was priceless :rover:

For Sam and Longsiders though, you lot deserved it more, we are awful with a baboon for a coach.

If our season carries on like this, that record will remain for a very long time :(

Unbelievable final 2 minutes.

Unbelievably bad for the previous 94 minutes.

I think Radio Rovers watched a different game to me though. (And talking about offering Dunny a new contract - have a word with yourself).

Two things:

1) We are garbage - with a clueless manager...

2) ...Bumley STILL can't beat us!

:rover:

Commiserations Longsider (yes, genuinely) there is no doubt that as a team over the 90+ minutes we did not deserve to get anything. But massive credit to David Dunn, the one and only player we had that actually seemed to care!!

He saved our bacon and preserved the 34 year record for us; and to think that I am one that has been slating him on here recently for his lifestyle and lack of fitness. How wrong can you get? He played the full game and saved us from total embarassment right at the end. He was the only true Roverite on display.

Awful awful awful but we escaped

I do have some questions I'd like a burnley fan to answer though

1 - remember when you cheered your players time wasting? How did that turn out for you?

2 - you said David Dunn was going to cry in a minute, what changed?

3 - did you dare to dream?

Seriously though another really poor game by both teams the fact they had ten men for half an hour and barely had to defend says more about us under Appleton than any run of form I fear

Oh and the seats being thrown at the end show why the measures are in place

Love the three questions Tom lol

We landed one on target. I did not think we would but we did. Bet it smarts eh longsiders so close yet so far away.

Archived