BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn a Blackburn Legend

Gav

A one year deal on a pay as you play with the offer of a coaching role would have been as good as I'd have given him, madness to give him a proper contract at 33 with his injury record....

agree

It's time for the younger home-grown players IE Hanley, Henley, Lowe, Kean to step up and take that role. A

+100

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only player who has shown guts n passion for rovers .

Rhodes? Hanley? Lowe? Kean? Like I said, mawkish sentiment because he's local and scored against Burnleh.

He's 33 years old, injury-prone, and one of our higher earners. So when we get to the summer and we can't afford any new midfielders because we've already got Murphy, Etuhu, Pedersen & Dunn all taking up the wage-bill, what do we do then? Ideally, Dunn wouldn't be first to the exit door but he's the only one realistically we can let go, since the others all have a year at least to go and no one's likely to buy them.

A one year deal on a pay as you play with the offer of a coaching role would have been as good as I'd have given him, madness to give him a proper contract at 33 with his injury record....

What makes you think he'd make a good coach ? It's 2013 and the Jack Walker gravy train has left the station. We can't afford to make sentimental appointments any more. That money could go on a player.

Crazy decision. We're being run by idiots. We could get a player or maybe even two players who will play the majority of games and actually be more suited to getting us out of this division with that sort of money.

Do you know what sort of money it is? :huh:

Because I haven't been living under a rock?

No....I won't say it.

Don't believe everything you read Topman, Dunn has had far too much bad press over the years, the majority of which is complete and utter @#/?, but yes he could have looked after himself better than he has, I think he'll admit that himself.

• Backroom

No....I won't say it.

Don't believe everything you read Topman, Dunn has had far too much bad press over the years, the majority of which is complete and utter @#/?, but yes he could have looked after himself better than he has, I think he'll admit that himself.

Oh yeah, ignore HIS telling the fans to 'get real' about Kean ;)

FWIW, I hope he gets a coaching contract and PAYP deal because of his influence in the dressing room. We'd need that to contrast the the pathetic attitudes of Murphy and Orr.

No....I won't say it.

David Dunn was once spoken in the same breath as Joe Cole, but while Cole went on to play for Chelsea and win FA Cup & Premiership honours, Dunn went to 'Big Club' and did nowt before coming back here with his tail between his legs. Souey was onto him, but instead of listening to him and changing his ways, he slashed his potential up the wall.

Poor decision for me.

He is old, overweight and too often a liability in games.

As for coaching...what can he coach young kids?

The 16/17/18 year olds will already live a healther lifestyle than he ever will.

He's an instinct player. Trying to teach instinct is like trying to pin fizzy gravy to the wall.

He maybe old and past his best but these last few games he's played he's been one of our better players . Hes looked lively and been able to create . Also , he shows PASSION - something we as a team lack.

And he's is not over weight . Did you see him when he scored against Burnley when he took his top off . If that's overweight god help us all.

I'd like him to stay on a pay as you play basis . We need people like him in the squad

David Dunn was once spoken in the same breath as Joe Cole, but while Cole went on to play for Chelsea and win FA Cup & Premiership honours, Dunn went to 'Big Club' and did nowt before coming back here with his tail between his legs. Souey was onto him, but instead of listening to him and changing his ways, he slashed his potential up the wall.

Not sure what your point is Topman, so he never went to a big club? so what? That doesn't mean he shouldn't get a new contract??

He is old, overweight and too often a liability in games.

He's not overweight at all Andy

He maybe old and past his best but these last few games he's played he's been one of our better players . Hes looked lively and been able to create . Also , he shows PASSION - something we as a team lack.

And he's is not over weight . Did you see him when he scored against Burnley when he took his top off . If that's overweight god help us all.

I'd like him to stay on a pay as you play basis . We need people like him in the squad

Overweight ?

I think he is overweight and that doesn't necessarily mean fat - he's bulky.

He could do with less bulk (including muscle), it reduces his agility and pace on the pitch.

I think he is overweight and that doesn't necessarily mean fat - he's bulky.

He could do with less bulk (including muscle), it reduces his agility and pace on the pitch.

He's not overweight in my opinion, but I take your point, you could be right on the agility.

Archived