BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn a Blackburn Legend

Gav

He's been asked a question in an interview, so he's given an answer, nothing wrong with that.[/size]

Angew, Shaw, Singh and confused in Pune are inept on every single level. Here’s a lad thats played 300 games for the club and he doesn't have a Scooby doo if the clubs going to offer him a new deal? Or should he be looking to move? and people are hammering the lad for that?[/size]

Jesus Wept.[/size]

The honourable thing would have been to say nothing and concentrate on playing and keeping fit. Don't be fooled by this David Dunn is blue and white stuff. Dunn is looking after himself and because of this Rovers are secondary.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The honourable thing would have been to say nothing and concentrate on playing and keeping fit. Don't be fooled by this David Dunn is blue and white stuff. Dunn is looking after himself and because of this Rovers are secondary.

Exactly. Some people really have short memories on this site.

This isn't even an issue. Whoever is in charge (what a ludicrous statement to have to make) just needs to say .....

"Listen David, if we stay in this division you will be considered for a new 12 month contract. If we go down you will not be."

How difficult a condition is that for everyone to understand?

I'm not sure they can or should even promise him that much.

It should be entirely up to the new manager whether or not Dunny gets a new contract or not. In conjunction with advice from the medical staff.

Not for anyone else to say. Surely Dunny can understand that.

There wasn't a promise of a contract in what I said was there Simon?

The new manager might not be interested in the slightest in giving him a new contract whether we stay up or not.

Some might argue that by saying that you're stringing him along unfairly. Personally I couldn't really care less, the whole thing is a total non issue which Dunny is trying to build up out of all proportion.

The new manager might not be interested in the slightest in giving him a new contract whether we stay up or not.

Some might argue that by saying that you're stringing him along unfairly. Personally I couldn't really care less, the whole thing is a total non issue which Dunny is trying to build up out of all proportion.

String along? Motivate more like.

This isn't even an issue. Whoever is in charge (what a ludicrous statement to have to make) just needs to say .....

"Listen David, if we stay in this division you will be considered for a new 12 month contract. If we go down you will not be."

How difficult a condition is that for everyone to understand?

Exactly. As Dunn said, he doesn't even know who to speak to at the club regarding this.

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10400265._/

Dunn to get a new contract and rightly so in my opinion, Blackburn Rovers through and through, we need more of his ilk :tu:

I don't disagree with you much GAV but on this issue I do.

It's another example of far too much sentimentality at the club (Pedersen being the prime example of this). Dunny is 33 years old, injury prone and is only going to break down more as he gets older. We missed several opportunities in the past to get rid of players in decline and on big wages, it would be foolish in my view to miss it again.

It's another example of far too much sentimentality at the club (Pedersen being the prime example of this). Dunny is 33 years old, injury prone and is only going to break down more as he gets older. We missed several opportunities in the past to get rid of players in decline and on big wages, it would be foolish in my view to miss it again.

Agree.

• Backroom

I'd prefer him given a contract more based on coaching than playing, at this point. His body is a wreck in professional terms, though nobody can doubt his ability when he does manage his brief cameos during the season.

Ideally just sign him to a contract that pays him to play against Burnley twice next season.

I think his performances at the back end of this season show he's still got something to offer in this league. Yes he's injury prone, yes he's in decline, but he's more fight, pride and passion than anyone else at the club, and for those reasons alone I'm pleased he's getting a new deal.

But I take your points RVR, and in different circumstances I'd be with you, but I just feel we need a David Dunn around the place right now.

I think his performances at the back end of this season show he's still got something to offer in this league. Yes he's injury prone, yes he's in decline, but he's more fight, pride and passion than anyone else at the club, and for those reasons alone I'm pleased he's getting a new deal.

But I take your points RVR, and in different circumstances I'd be with you, but I just feel we need a David Dunn around the place right now.

It's time for the younger home-grown players IE Hanley, Henley, Lowe, Kean to step up and take that role. And they'll probably cost less than Dunny combined

Crazy decision. We're being run by idiots. We could get a player or maybe even two players who will play the majority of games and actually be more suited to getting us out of this division with that sort of money.

Just what I thought. Players that would be available every week.

I wonder if this is another example of Venky Logic because he won 'Goal of the Season' therefore must be popular with the fans?

• Moderation Lead

A one year deal on a pay as you play with the offer of a coaching role would have been as good as I'd have given him, madness to give him a proper contract at 33 with his injury record....

I think his performances at the back end of this season show he's still got something to offer in this league. Yes he's injury prone, yes he's in decline, but he's more fight, pride and passion than anyone else at the club, and for those reasons alone I'm pleased he's getting a new deal.But I take your points RVR, and in different circumstances I'd be with you, but I just feel we need a David Dunn around the place right now.

Absolutely. Seems like he is the only one that gives a @#/?.

Dunn had been frozen out for most of the season, yet he's come back and given everything. he's looked like one of the few players who have been genuinly hurting by our situation. Yet people want shirkers like Rochina and CKR representing the blue 'n' white. Idiots!

The only player who has shown guts n passion for rovers .

exactly.

Archived