BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn a Blackburn Legend

Gav

Spent 92 minutes being abused by the scum in the Darwen End (the Jack walker stuff was disgusting) and stuck it right up them in injury time.

The draw feels like a win, and David Dunn now goes down as one of greats.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He always has been a great despite some pish poor games. He'll always be remembered fondly in the flitcroft-jansen-duff-todd-short-Thomson category.

He eclipsed all those you mentioned today for me.

He was brilliant today. Won about 10 free kicks? Kept getting up, kept getting kicked. Scored the goal in front of those losers. Superb effort. Utter legend.

He always has been a great despite some pish poor games. He'll always be remembered fondly in the flitcroft-jansen-duff-todd-short-Thomson category.

I know this is a Dunny thread but to lump Matty Jansen in with Flitcroft, Duff, Todd, Short and Thompson (as good as they were) is a bit weird. He's my all-time favourite Rover.

Damien duff in his rovers days was something special, in England only Giggs was better than him on the left wing at that time(and really not by much).

Very true , always amused me how knackered he always looked then boom off down the wing

All credit to Dunn for the last two games, lets hope he stays injury free we need that passion from 10 others every game

Spent 92 minutes being abused by the scum in the Darwen End (the Jack walker stuff was disgusting) and stuck it right up them in injury time.

I was so happy for him today. What was the Walker stuff Gav.

probably the 1st honest interview ive heard from a rovers player in a long while, great day for dunn today really regained a lot of respect(that I think hed lost a little in recent years)- http://audioboo.fm/b...1-bbclancashire

Link doesn't exist

The 99 season Dunny was absolutely immense. I know this sounds daft in hindsight, but he really reminded me of Gazza. Although never the quickest, he could glide across the turf with the ball at his feet and had that barrel chest which meant a lot of players would just bounce off him. I remember waxing lyrical about him to my work colleagues at the time, saying how he would go on to play for England. He really was that good. It is a real shame that he had so many injuries because he could have played at a very high level.

In my life time he is definately a Rovers legend. I wish some of the other rabble cared as much as he does.

And that interview is great. Talking about how some of the other players couldn't honestly say they have given their all recently. Great stuff. Just a pity he didn't name and shame them all.

It's a shame that Dunn never made the most of his natural talent, but he only has himself to blame.

I would see him on the pop in town almost every week, in the nights leading up to our matches when Souey was in charge.

Did himself absolutely no favours by siding with the despicable Kean last season and lost a lot of credibility in doing so.

However, let him have his moment today and if this is his last season for the club, what better way to sign off?

your right about the walker stuff being disgusting

i was sat it the second to end block nearsest to them in the riverside,it certainly wasn't a minority singing it either

He's the sort of player fans love... Even when Dunny is retired and struggling to walk, Rovers managers should still have him on the teamsheet when they play Burnley - because he will still do the business.

Dunn says reason he hasn't played much this season has not been football related and he doesn't care if saying that upsets people(seemed to be aimed at singh or some other Muppet behind the scenes), attributes his return to the team to Appleton's arrival at the club and the changes he made since coming in.

• Backroom

I remember speaking to Dunny in India when he was injured, he said people always write him off and he always proves them wrong. Got to admit I had him down as finished this time but maybe he's got a bit of life left yet.

I actually thought he was pretty poor on the ball today distribution wise (what the hell was that corner about?) but his sheer passion and willingness to go at people was something we sorely lack and he took his goal really well.

The lad would run through brick walls to beat those Keans today, we'll never see another local lad do the same in my life time I’d wager.

David Dunn, Blackburn Legend and I can't heap enough praise on him for his goal and display today, hands up how many people thought we’d get something out of the game once we’d gone behind????

Dunny never gave up, and ruined 4000 bumley fans day today, and that for me elevates him into Blackburn folklore, today just rounded off things for me.

It was better than a win, good on you Dunny.

Young guys: Duff,Dunn and Jansen. What a trio to be proud of .....and then the 2-0 defeat of the Dingles at Bumley when both Dunn and Duff were attacked and Souey nearly entered the field to protect them.

But Dunny you excelled yourself today......I bet Dougie had a big smile and was proud of you.

Young guys: Duff,Dunn and Jansen. What a trio to be proud of .....and then the 2-0 defeat of the Dingles at Bumley when both Dunn and Duff were attacked and Souey nearly entered the field to protect them.

But Dunny you excelled yourself today......I bet Dougie had a big smile and was proud of you.

And Souey smashed the gate against the school bully AlastLIAR Campbell. Hardman Campbell shat himself and never said a word. Typical Burnley, soft as sh1te one-on-one.

Archived