BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn a Blackburn Legend

Gav

I'd rather watch a local lad brought through the ranks mixing it up with the overrated imported "talent" you see nowadays. Over the years Dunny has put his heart and sole into Rovers.

He was knackered towards the end today - but he kept getting up - having a go - running at them.

Absolutely deserved Man of Match. We would all be feeling really sick tonight if it wasn't for him.

He got the goal - saved the bragging rights.

Dunny is a legend.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone able to actually get a message to/form Dunny for me? I have something I suspect he'd rather like, but need to get his ok first.

Sadly the lads I'd normally go though are on the other side of the world watching the cricket.

• Backroom

Wigan away last season.....

That took some forgiving and didn't think I'd be able to but he's gone a long way towards it today

The lad would run through brick walls to beat those Keans today, we'll never see another local lad do the same in my life time I’d wager.

David Dunn, Blackburn Legend and I can't heap enough praise on him for his goal and display today, hands up how many people thought we’d get something out of the game once we’d gone behind????

Dunny never gave up, and ruined 4000 bumley fans day today, and that for me elevates him into Blackburn folklore, today just rounded off things for me.

It was better than a win, good on you Dunny.

Solid sentiments Gav...... But have you thought this through? After hardly playing for 6 months and previously for years only figuring for 60 mins every other match Dunny has now risen Lazarus like to be judged MoM in the past two matches after playing through both the entire matches. BUT am I being churlish to suggest lest we forget Dunny's contract is up in a few games time. :rock: Could there be a link perhaps? :glare:

We could be signing the new Vince Grella if we aren't on our mettle with the terms and conditions.

Young guys: Duff,Dunn and Jansen. What a trio to be proud of .....and then the 2-0 defeat of the Dingles at Bumley when both Dunn and Duff and Friedal were attacked and Souey nearly entered the field to protect them.

But Dunny you excelled yourself today......I bet Dougie had a big smile and was proud of you.

corrected it for you mhead.

Anyone able to actually get a message to/form Dunny for me? I have something I suspect (s)he'd rather like

Ditto......... Can anyone contact Pippa Middleton for me? :wub:

Solid sentiments Gav...... But have you thought this through? After hardly playing for 6 months and previously for years only figuring for 60 mins every other match Dunny has now risen Lazarus like to be judged MoM in the past two matches after playing through both the entire matches. BUT am I being churlish to suggest lest we forget Dunny's contract is up in a few games time. :rock: Could there be a link perhaps? :glare:

We could be signing the new Vince Grella if we aren't on our mettle with the terms and conditions.

Played almost 300 games for the club, scored almost 50 goals and has beaten burnley almost single headedly most times we play them, says it all for me.

I hope Dunny gets a one year extension to his contract. We won't find anyone with his ability or passion at a price we are willing to pay.

Not his fault he hasn't played much this season. Fit but not picked.

MMmmm, just for once lets celebrate Dunny for what he is, blackburn though and through, don't nit pick, he saved us from hell and thats for sure so hats off and thanks, 34 years and counting,

Wigan away last season.....

Exactly. Gave credence to that sh1tbag Kean and those dog turds Venkys, whilst telling the fans to get real, not a legend for me, just symptomatic of the reason we are in such a malaise. One game against the Dingles doesn't alter that.

And prob been paid as much per minute on the pitch as Lionel Messi. :mellow:

You're thinking of Grella.

Dunny bad been a hero for us, with the emphasis on "has" rather than "has been".

Anyone thinking of offering him a new contract is thinking with their heart, not their head though.

Dunn's legs have gone and adrenaline will only get so far. Spurred on by dreams of Wembley and the record against the dingles.

What we need to do is find the next Dunny - our midfield is crying out for someone with creativity and drive.

Think we need more details, he says he hasn't been playing for reasons other than football. He has had an injury hit career, on the verge of England in his time. I rate him on performance this Sunday, and of course he's local. He and Souness had a spat, just when Dunny should have been the heart of the team......lifestyle choices perhaps? Will always have a soft spot however....

we should commission a big banner ' Dunny Dingle Destroyer' or something like that.

It has to be non pc and mention the Dingles on it. Sick of hearing off other teams fans how Burnleh inbreds hate us more than we hate them.

• Backroom

You're thinking of Grella.

Dunny bad been a hero for us, with the emphasis on "has" rather than "has been".

Anyone thinking of offering him a new contract is thinking with their heart, not their head though.

Dunn's legs have gone and adrenaline will only get so far. Spurred on by dreams of Wembley and the record against the dingles.

What we need to do is find the next Dunny - our midfield is crying out for someone with creativity and drive.

Agreed Stuart, Dunny is very much yesterday's man and cannot be relied upon to do it for us on a consistent basis. I'd be happy for him to stay on at the club as a coach but don't want him staying on as a member of the playing staff past his contract expiry (unless we can devise a contract whereupon he only plays against Burnley).

• Backroom

Agreed Stuart, Dunny is very much yesterday's man and cannot be relied upon to do it for us on a consistent basis. I'd be happy for him to stay on at the club as a coach but don't want him staying on as a member of the playing staff past his contract expiry (unless we can devise a contract whereupon he only plays against Burnley).

With his series of injuries and familiarity with the treatment room, he should be Fevre's understudy :P

It think the term 'his legs of gone' when talking about aging players is interpreted in different ways by people, a lot of people seem to only relate it to a general loss of pace, For me it means their basically a crock and cant sprint for more than say 10-15ft or accelerate from a stationary position without pulling up, I think Dunn is on his way out but can can still do these things(he's just struggled with his general fitness in the past and re-occurrences of old injuries) - Danny Murphy(although he seems naturally very fit & has been lucky to stay injury free) cant do either of those things(so is no use nor ornament).

Id like to see Dunn on a something sensible like a rolling quarterly or 6 month contract , I'm not to kean on pay-as-you play type deals whilst under these owners, they'd be likely to drop him when-ether they want to save a few quid, regardless of his importance to the team)

Offering Dunny a pay-as-you-play wouldn't be the worst thing - for either party.

Maybe with some kind of ambassadorial role or possibly coaching contract.

I can't help thinking though that with his social life he might not be the greatest role model. He's always got away with it because he is quality but younger, less naturally gifted players might not get away with it.

Archived