BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn a Blackburn Legend

Gav

He was a young lad and liked a beer, its not a crime FFS and has no bearing on the fact he deserves a new deal.

You shouldn't beleive everything you read either Topman.

So now he's gone from a guy who only drank orange juice to a lad who likes a beer?

Just found it ironic you making a "KFC" jibe about Hanley, when you're sitting here defending Dunn of all people.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not about @#/? him off. Just don't chuck money away that we don't have.

If he loves the club and believes in his own ability then he should accept a PAYP deal. As it is he could sign a new 12 month deal without caveats and break down the following day. He needs to "get real". I appreciate you think he has been loyal (Big Club spell aside) but you don't give people £20k-£30k per week through sentiment.

Much like Pedersen a couple of years ago he's been playing for a new contract. We all know how quickly Pedersen's form went to @#/? almost before the ink was dry.

I'd be saying this even if the Trust were in charge, by they way. Even more so.

I used to see him out drinking in Accy on a Sunday night. Only Rovers player I've seen out on the lash.

Imagine the player he could have been without the distractions earlier in his career. Ironically, it's probably the main reason he stayed so long.

I used to DJ in Accy on Sunday nights... back in the day when it was a good night out!!!

I used to see Keith Gillespie, Damien Duff and Dunny out nearly every weekend, amongst other Rovers players too, I remember once in Opium having a right good chin wag with Duff and also remember Gillespie getting kicked out of the Arcade Bar by my mate after he chinned someone!!!

I used to see Jackie Degg (Dunny's mrs at the time) out quite a bit with him and without him, but I certainly saw Gillespie and Duff more than I saw Dunny.

Still, after the shambles that this season has been, I still think that we need him, unless we sign someone decent to replace him.

He'd take a 1 year extension to his contract, I really do think we should give it to him.

• Moderation Lead

What makes you think he'd make a good coach ? It's 2013 and the Jack Walker gravy train has left the station. We can't afford to make sentimental appointments any more. That money could go on a player.

Nothing whatsoever makes me think he'll make a good coach, but he has been doing his badges.

• 5 weeks later...

I take it all those making the usual "pie" references in relation to Dunn are themselves svelt athletes?

Given his celebrations after the Dingles equaliser it would take some brass neck to criticise his condition otherwise.

Her game pie was fantastic, really tasty, her beef pie was full of flavour, nice gravy. But her hare pie really took some licking.

Nothing wrong with a bit of pie.

Hmmmm........a little unsavoury that.

Dunny could possibly avoided injuries and achieved a bit more if he had curtailed some of his alleged 'refuelling' habits. He does seem to be the target for some cheap jibes though and, given the events of the the last couple of years, there are more obvious targets.

Hmmmm........a little unsavoury that.

Dunny could possibly avoided injuries and achieved a bit more if he had curtailed some of his alleged 'refuelling' habits. He does seem to be the target for some cheap jibes though and, given the events of the the last couple of years, there are more obvious targets.

I think we expect a carragher/Gerard/Giggs type attitude towards his home town club. Keeping himself fit is the least we can ask....yeah he's not fat, but he's never really been properly fit, like properly....and that's because he's inherently lazy...talented but lazy....shame really. His wage could be better served elsewhere.

I take it all those making the usual "pie" references in relation to Dunn are themselves svelt athletes?

Given his celebrations after the Dingles equaliser it would take some brass neck to criticise his condition otherwise.

For a full time professional athlete on vast sums per week, the very least we can expect is that he is in shape, clearly from his medical record he hasn't maintained that basic necessity, and from that stems the @#/? taking, which in most football circles is almost a mandatory exercise, except when the fun police come to town.

For a full time professional athlete on vast sums per week, the very least we can expect is that he is in shape, clearly from his medical record he hasn't maintained that basic necessity, and from that stems the @#/? taking, which in most football circles is almost a mandatory exercise, except when the fun police come to town.

Whoa, whoa! If you are accusing me of being a 'fun Police officer' that would infer that I carry an ability to sanction those whose views I dislike. Clearly, that isn't the case and I can't stop anybody from posting whatever they want about David Dunn or any other player. I can though express a contrary opinion.

Maybe I should have phrased my post differently but I do find it amusing when folk point the finger at footballers and smirk at their condition when not in the best shape themselves. A bit like fat West Ham and Spurs fans who label Lampard 'Fat Frank'.

I also think there are more deserving of cheap shots (@#/? taking if you like) than Dunn.

Whoa, whoa! If you are accusing me of being a 'fun Police officer' that would infer that I carry an ability to sanction those whose views I dislike. Clearly, that isn't the case and I can't stop anybody from posting whatever they want about David Dunn or any other player. I can though express a contrary opinion.

Maybe I should have phrased my post differently but I do find it amusing when folk point the finger at footballers and smirk at their condition when not in the best shape themselves. A bit like fat West Ham and Spurs fans who label Lampard 'Fat Frank'.

I also think there are more deserving of cheap shots (@#/? taking if you like) than Dunn.

I am not over-weight, for being a lazy b@rsteward, but I am for being an athlete.

are some of u on somethng or what? For me there no doubt about it, Dunn is an absolute legend. End of. Hes down on the list of legends for this club for me. I think the only thing that ever killed a bit of credability for him was him sticking up for a kean at one point, I see past that as I just think he wanted every1 to stick together in a abad situation. Mans a rovers hero. He is rovers gerrard.

are some of u on somethng or what? For me there no doubt about it, Dunn is an absolute legend. End of. Hes down on the list of legends for this club for me. I think the only thing that ever killed a bit of credability for him was him sticking up for a kean at one point, I see past that as I just think he wanted every1 to stick together in a abad situation. Mans a rovers hero. He is rovers gerrard.

Is that you Dunny? You fat @#/?.....

Couldn't agree more. Said it before but familiarity seems to breed contempt amongst our fans. If you've played for Rovers for many years, in hundreds of games, and been part of some great achievements, you perversely seem to be more at risk of ridicule and insults than a player who's just arrived. Its terrible in my opinion that someone like Dunn receives the stick he does whilst a newcomer equivalent, like Vuckevic for example, who has as of yet done nothing for the club, is praised by many for his ability.

Couldn't agree more. Said it before but familiarity seems to breed contempt amongst our fans. If you've played for Rovers for many years, in hundreds of games, and been part of some great achievements, you perversely seem to be more at risk of ridicule and insults than a player who's just arrived. Its terrible in my opinion that someone like Dunn receives the stick he does whilst a newcomer equivalent, like Vuckevic for example, who has as of yet done nothing for the club, is praised by many for his ability.

Think we can safely say he never will :) Left his most recent club as well due to personal reasons

Regarding Dunn to be fair a lot of people were angered by his support of Kean and the "get real" comment to the supporters, but he certainly put the effort in towards the end of the season and that goal against that lot certainly went some way to redeeming himself. Good to see he's taking his coaching badges, future manager perhaps?

• Backroom

He's not fat he's just big pied!

Seriously though he's not fat but I would say hasn't taken the best care of himself over the years

Out of interest does anyone know how many seasons he's been fit over the festive period? He seems to routinely get injured before the Christmas fixtures

dunn really is not fat(he's proved that enough times by taking his top off), he is top heavy though with short legs, which is a recipe for various strain injuries(muscle, hamstrings..).

Indeed he is not fat. What we used to call 'stocky'. However am I alone in thinking that a large part of Dunn's injury problems are between his ears? Every match he seems to 'think' himself an injury. A footballing hypochondriac perhaps?

My friend used to work in a pub frequented by quite a few Rovers players and he said Dunny loved the pub more than any of the other players.

I wouldn't say he's fat but he definitely could have looked after himself better over the years.

Archived