BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agnew and Shaw

Yeah - as usual the timing is likely to all have been planned - some general hog wash comments from Shaw/Agnew, season ticket announcement, and now Chairman of community trust.

Lot of fans still don't realise that Agnew has been a constant problem and irritant for a while now - but hey who cares.

It was noticeable again reading the LT comments this week, after they have both done interviews, that Shaw seems to get much more stick than

Agnew, I do wonder if many of those who post on that forum rely on it a bit too much.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"said Blackburn-born Paul.'

Just out of interest when has Preston been in Blackburn

Births Sep 1957 (>99%) AGNEW Paul JEPSON Preston 10f 507 btnInfo.gif scanavail.gif

Births are recorded in quarterly indexes hence it appears in September 1957

Got to give it to Aggers though done well since he became part of team kean , appointed as a Director of Rovers Community Trust 13/08/2012, appointed to Rovers Board as a Director 17/08/2012, got his mate on the board same day, and now takes over the role as Chairman of the Community trust, just needs to employ a friendly fallguy as Finance Director and pretty much got it stitched up down at Ewood for him and his friends.

Obviously Team kean saw something that John Williams and Tom Finn didn't, we are so lucky they decided to leave and let us 'move on' to a bright new future

A quick google search of Lancashire Births for 1957 show 2 Paul Agnew's born in Lancashire that year,

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/all/results?recordCount=-1&forenames=Paul&includeForenamesVariants=true&_includeForenamesVariants=on&surname=Agnew&includeSurnameVariants=true&_includeSurnameVariants=on&fromYear=1957&toYear=1957&region=5&county=81&mothersMaidenName=&_useMothersMaidenNameAsSurname=on&sortOrder=RK%3Atrue&_performExactSearch=on&event=B&recordType=ALL&route=

I posted in March what happened to the previous people running the club, in this thread

Mark1875

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

"Regarding the departures of the couple running the trust, i believe without a moments hesitation that the club have enforced those departures. During a meeting with a high ranking club director in November, it was stated clearly that the trust would be freshened up due to it being run by "a couple of dinosaurs".

I also hear that a 'General Manager' is to be appointed soon."

Thanks Mark, I seemed to remember there was some controversy with people leaving but could not remember why , all makes sense now, what a lucky chap Aggers is always in the right place at the right time. Going to be interesting with all that Charity money how wisely it will be spent wonder if they need new chairs and fittings?.

Guest Norbert

Thanks Mark, I seemed to remember there was some controversy with people leaving but could not remember why , all makes sense now, what a lucky chap Aggers is always in the right place at the right time. Going to be interesting with all that Charity money how wisely it will be spent wonder if they need new chairs and fittings?.

Fittings? You mean stuff like shelves by any chance? They'll need the sewage pipes renovating with the sh_t that constantly pours out of Agnew's mouth.

• 4 weeks later...

I can well imagine Shaw's contract running out and there being no decision to extend his contract, or to replace him, until Venky's next board meeting.

We'll probably hear how Shaw's future is unclear while he waits to hear from Madame.

When is Karen Silk's notice due to end?

Can the last one out turn out the lights - thanks.

I cant see Shaw being sacked/let go, he seems be involved in our current transfer negotiations(id have thought hed be frozen out of all business dealings if he was about to be dropped) I think its more likely he will just be given a less influential role with (hopefully) somebody much better suited to the job coming in above him,

Guest Norbert

Strange have Agnew listed. Perhaps he was only 'sacked', or Venky's London have not got round to the paperwork informing Companies House.

Guest Norbert

Wouldn't really know what's worse. Surely if it is the latter Companies House would not be impressed, just as they took a dim view of the accounts being so late. Hopefully the toxic tit has completely left the building though all the same.

What is the companies house. The files about all the companies in the country?

If that is similar to the one we have in Norway it can go weeks before such details as directors are updated.

yes it is,

companies house are not the quickest at updating the records. just needs a signature in the wrong place or a bit of info missing and it drags out the process

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to Rovers bringing in an experienced director to run the footballing side?

The current lack of senior executives makes you wonder what the previous people running the club actually did day-to-day?

I hope Shaw is moved on soon. Kean, Agnew and Shebby have moved on, if Shaw goes to it will be a clean house. And, if it happens, I think Venkys will have a much better chance to make progress both on and off the pitch.

Archived