BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agnew and Shaw

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing good can come of Agnew being employed at BRFC. whilst he remains there will always be a putrid stench of underhand

dealing and self preservation at all costs.

The real question is; who is his boss ?

Spot on. I would be interested to trace his involvement in any of the preamble before the take over. His ridiculous over promotion begs many questions. .Is he Beelzebub's proxy? If so, what pieces of information does anyone have to support this? Can anyone help me?...or do I just need to move on...Oh the arrogance..Well I always did associate PR people with superficiality and absence of integrity..I don't think this guy is about to prove me wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Removed wrong thread, but what happened to the previous Chairman before the knight in shining armour aggers arrived? and how much independence can it maintain now the clubs Director of self preservation is the new Chairman?

Wow just noticed in the link intro blub , Aggers is a lifelong Rovers supporter never heard that before , also Blackburn born, how did he manage to keep that secret all this time

It doesn't say if this new role is in addition to his current roles or whether this is his new fulltime role, im assuming its in addition, in which case at least he will actually be doing something useful now, other than his usual bs peddling.

Lifelong Rovers fan my arse!

'community trust' ..... Anybody any good at anagrams want to have a go with that? Despite their being no k,e or a I'll wager 'kean' appears in most attempts. :tu:

Think I'll need a W and an A to add to two T's

"said Blackburn-born Paul.'

Just out of interest when has Preston been in Blackburn

Births Sep 1957 (>99%) AGNEW Paul JEPSON Preston 10f 507 btnInfo.gif scanavail.gif

Births are recorded in quarterly indexes hence it appears in September 1957

Got to give it to Aggers though done well since he became part of team kean , appointed as a Director of Rovers Community Trust 13/08/2012, appointed to Rovers Board as a Director 17/08/2012, got his mate on the board same day, and now takes over the role as Chairman of the Community trust, just needs to employ a friendly fallguy as Finance Director and pretty much got it stitched up down at Ewood for him and his friends.

Obviously Team kean saw something that John Williams and Tom Finn didn't, we are so lucky they decided to leave and let us 'move on' to a bright new future

Agnew used to be the Rovers reporter for the Lancashire Evening Post, ( they don't have one now ), and then got the main gig of Sports Editor / PNE reporter. I remember him becoming very anti Rovers after he changed roles.

Indeed he very much was, let's not forget he ended up working at PNE & then becoming a director or something. Wonder if he climbed that greasy pole in a similar fashion he has now. How many books has he written or co written on Rovers i wonder. He also attached himself to Kean and would do anything to protect his client (his own position) wether it be to the detriment of the club or fans or not. Anyone remember his radio lancs interview alongside Paul Hunt when all he wanted to do was slag the fans ? He just another twohat who has benefited from the demise of BRFC, he's a not to be trusted climber, plenty who know him will testify to that so let's not be making him a hero just because his suggestions for season tickets have been rubber stamped.

Indeed he very much was, let's not forget he ended up working at PNE & then becoming a director or something. Wonder if he climbed that greasy pole in a similar fashion he has now. How many books has he written or co written on Rovers i wonder. He also attached himself to Kean and would do anything to protect his client (his own position) wether it be to the detriment of the club or fans or not. Anyone remember his radio lancs interview alongside Paul Hunt when all he wanted to do was slag the fans ? He just another twohat who has benefited from the demise of BRFC, he's a not to be trusted climber, plenty who know him will testify to that so let's not be making him a hero just because his suggestions for season tickets have been rubber stamped.

Yep. I have an elephant's memory. He has lost so much trust and credibility, he can never be rehabilitated with the supporters.You should never bandage a dirty wound. Without trust there is nothing to build on. If he had anything about him, he would resign...cue hollow laughter.......

Call in rentakill. We need something like paraquat to get rid of this keaner.

Hate to be personal, but he looks like a woman in drag as well. Nice to see he went to the effort of putting a tie on this time. Did Derek help him with that?

Even his brass neck has a brass neck.

Talk about a charm offensive. Shame it's more offensive than charming!

By the way, I was about to chuck my wristband in the bin when I read the web page title...

Removed wrong thread, but what happened to the previous Chairman before the knight in shining armour aggers arrived?

I posted in March what happened to the previous people running the club, in this thread

Mark1875

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

"Regarding the departures of the couple running the trust, i believe without a moments hesitation that the club have enforced those departures. During a meeting with a high ranking club director in November, it was stated clearly that the trust would be freshened up due to it being run by "a couple of dinosaurs".

I also hear that a 'General Manager' is to be appointed soon."

Agnew used to be the Rovers reporter for the Lancashire Evening Post, ( they don't have one now ), and then got the main gig of Sports Editor / PNE reporter. I remember him becoming very anti Rovers after he changed roles.

are there any quotes, articles knocking about?

Guest Norbert

Every time these threads pop back up, I am hoping that there is an announcement they're sacked/in prison/dead. Either of those would suit me if I'm brutally honest.

• Backroom

Lifelong Rovers fan my arse!

'community trust' ..... Anybody any good at anagrams want to have a go with that? Despite their being no k,e or a I'll wager 'kean' appears in most attempts. :tu:

Best I can get is 'communist rutty' :/

Misty C.U.Next.Tuesday Tumor?

Every time these threads pop back up, I am hoping that there is an announcement they're sacked/in prison/dead. Either of those would suit me if I'm brutally honest.

I hope for the same thing every day when I switch on, more so than who the manager is ? who we've bought ? which players we've let go ?

Until these two self-serving shysters are history, I will find it very difficult to have the same affection for my club and its strange but I blame

people like them and Kean more than Venky's because they should know better.

"said Blackburn-born Paul.'

Just out of interest when has Preston been in Blackburn

Births Sep 1957 (>99%) AGNEW Paul JEPSON Preston 10f 507 btnInfo.gif scanavail.gif

Births are recorded in quarterly indexes hence it appears in September 1957

Got to give it to Aggers though done well since he became part of team kean , appointed as a Director of Rovers Community Trust 13/08/2012, appointed to Rovers Board as a Director 17/08/2012, got his mate on the board same day, and now takes over the role as Chairman of the Community trust, just needs to employ a friendly fallguy as Finance Director and pretty much got it stitched up down at Ewood for him and his friends.

Obviously Team kean saw something that John Williams and Tom Finn didn't, we are so lucky they decided to leave and let us 'move on' to a bright new future

I am with you there. It is so hard to accept.

There is a smell of s**t from Blackburn to Pune, via Brunei, Glasgow, Preston and lots of unknown places. We could employ Dot Cotton and open a laundrette!

I think this is a far bigger grievance than the one surrounding the 1960 Cup Final. It can never be put right when any of the burglars, their gang or those with stolen goods are still at the club.

And I'll tell and think it and speak it and breathe it

And reflect it from the mountain so all souls can see it

Then I'll stand on the ocean until I start sinkin'

But I'll know my songs well before I start singin'

I refuse to "move" on when there is no acceptance of responsibilty

He really is a charmless fecker, isn't he? I love how everytime any of the Three Stooges go on the charm offensive they only invite more spite upon them. It's like they all live in their own little bubble and only come out with these soundbites for "Madam's" delectation. Screw the great unwashed. Some cheap season tickets should keep them pacified for the time being.

Yeah - as usual the timing is likely to all have been planned - some general hog wash comments from Shaw/Agnew, season ticket announcement, and now Chairman of community trust.

Lot of fans still don't realise that Agnew has been a constant problem and irritant for a while now - but hey who cares.

Archived