BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agnew and Shaw

• Moderation Lead

Of course they are, just as they support Tesco if they buy there.

They're supporting Blackburn Rovers.

Do you really think my £200 and whatever makes one iota of difference??

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're supporting Blackburn Rovers.

Do you really think my £200 and whatever makes one iota of difference??

Well if you don't like what Tesco are doing, you don't buy there. I think you'll find a further x amount of rovers fans taking the same view this summer, in fact there will probably be more than ten thousand fans with that viewpoint.

Comes down to individual preference.

I don't live in Blackburn but whereas I would previously bust a gut to get to Ewood, since Venky's/SEM/Kentaro/Italian chappy I have been once perhaps.

Go to away games when I can but the experience is pretty damned miserable compared with what it used to be.

I never understand why people don't buy as late as possible anyway. Benefit from your own money! Leave it til the appropriate deadline (week before the season starts or deadline for saving your seat etc).

In the past the 'Early Bird Offers' have been worthwhile taking advanatage of. I know there are quite a few clubs who now operate similar schemes which no doubt helps the cash flow duirng the summer.

Of course they are, just as they support Tesco if they buy there.

If Tesco was the only food outlet in the world then you'd be half right, and it would have nothing to do with supporting Tesco if the alternative was not to eat.

The fact is that until the parachute payments run out they won't feel the pain of minimal ticket sales because it's a small part of the total income. That's assuming they don't simply sell players or other club assets.

Have you stopped heating and lighting your house because all of the utility companies are taking the @#/? out of you, by the way? They are making obscene profits at our expense but they've got us by the goolies.

If Tesco was the only food outlet in the world then you'd be half right, and it would have nothing to do with supporting Tesco if the alternative was not to eat.

The fact is that until the parachute payments run out they won't feel the pain of minimal ticket sales because it's a small part of the total income. That's assuming they don't simply sell players or other club assets.

Have you stopped heating and lighting your house because all of the utility companies are taking the @#/? out of you, by the way? They are making obscene profits at our expense but they've got us by the goolies.

Giving the club any amount of cash is supporting Venkys, even if it is a drop in the ocean compared to the PL cash.

I am not arguing for or against attending on the basis of supporting the team, just that if Venkys cease to receive ST and merchandise income from fans it will make their position shaky.

If utility companies are taking the mick, as you say, you still have the choice of not using them.

Giving the club any amount of cash is supporting Venkys, even if it is a drop in the ocean compared to the PL cash.

I am not arguing for or against attending on the basis of supporting the team, just that if Venkys cease to receive ST and merchandise income from fans it will make their position shaky.

If utility companies are taking the mick, as you say, you still have the choice of not using them.

They've lost HALF of their previous gates. Do they seem any nearer leaving? Parachute payments all the way. Once they run out it's a different discussion.

Must be cold in your house, by the way, speeeeeeedie.

empty grounds wont bother them ....it will all add to the scums name in the media.PUBLIC9ITY

• Moderation Lead

Well if you don't like what Tesco are doing, you don't buy there. I think you'll find a further x amount of rovers fans taking the same view this summer, in fact there will probably be more than ten thousand fans with that viewpoint.

You can't really compare supporting a football team to the place you do your shopping, I don't have a life long commitment to a supermarket.

The fact is that until the parachute payments run out they won't feel the pain of minimal ticket sales because it's a small part of the total income.

Who mentioned money? Bottom line is that it depends on how much you hate what they're doing to the club.

Open question: Would it be fair to say that if someone is not prepared to do anything at all, it can't hurt that much?

Thinking about that question again, it wasn't meant to start an argument because it could apply to people in any walk of life such as complaining about the government but not voting, but obviously it could do - so I'll withdraw it.

Back on topic. What are these two highly paid pillocks doing about the two minor issues of season ticket prices and availability and appointing the new manager??

Probably nothing !

They won't even know the season has finished ...........

Who mentioned money? Bottom line is that it depends on how much you hate what they're doing to the club.

Open question: Would it be fair to say that if someone is not prepared to do anything at all, it can't hurt that much?

I just think everyone's different, den.

Think of it like grieving for the death of a loved one. We all react differently and we all get through the various stages of grief at different rates.

The club as we knew it is gone. For me it died when they didn't remove Kean and instead watched us be relegated - the day of the Wigan match when the whole Ewood crowd united against Venkys. I watched an old man next to me in tears and he hasn't been back since. It was clear that it wasn't a group of people doing their best for the club and its fans.

I'm not a better fan than you because I continue to attend. My fear is that if I stop going I wont come back. Plus I like watching football so I watch my home town team, although there's definitely an argument to instead watch Stanley!

The hope is that what looks like death is actually a coma or a Phoenix rises from the flames, and something good will come back. Not as big or shiny but good.

I renewed last season hoping Kean would eventually leave. I may well do the same this year and hope the same for Venkys.

I just hope those people who have promised to come back once Venkys leave follow through on that promise - we are going to need them.

Not sure what your point is here Stuart. Utility Companies have us by the goolies alright but Rovers don't surely?

Expenditure on rovers is purely discretionary, yes?

Not sure what your point is here Stuart. Utility Companies have us by the goolies alright but Rovers don't surely?

Expenditure on rovers is purely discretionary, yes?

If you see Rovers purely as an entertainment form and could just as easily go to Vue or Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon then yes I guess you could take it or leave it.

The question surely is: "What do Shagnew do 10 to 4 every day?" Minus the 2 hour lunch it still leaves 4 hours of thumb twiddling and having strategic meetings on the single Agenda item: how to stretch this cushy number another month?

Does Agnew really run a PR company? It seems strange that amongst all the other things bad going on we have a PR guru in charge of PR and yet the PR is the worst of any organisation ever. This must be deliberate but I can't think why that would be. Surely the first rule of PR is to communicate with your people and they refuse to communicate anything to us, even when it's about signing new players which you would think would be positive. He is the real No 1 enemy I think, always lurking and plotting behind the scenes and knowingly making things go to rack and ruin.

Does Agnew really run a PR company? It seems strange that amongst all the other things bad going on we have a PR guru in charge of PR and yet the PR is the worst of any organisation ever. This must be deliberate but I can't think why that would be. Surely the first rule of PR is to communicate with your people and they refuse to communicate anything to us, even when it's about signing new players which you would think would be positive. He is the real No 1 enemy I think, always lurking and plotting behind the scenes and knowingly making things go to rack and ruin.

He promoted Kean well enough to the casual Talksport listener so even if he is bad at PR, he can do still something for friends.

I think he was instrumental in the Raos stopping doing media interviews in 2011, especially Desai who revealed too much about the Kean/Kentaro masterplan everytime she spoke. Venkys were quite willing to talk to anyone when they first bought the club but now its hard to get even Shebby talking.

The worst is telling people privately 'yeah the club finances are awful' and 'we are going into administration' when he and Shaw are negotiating deals seemingly on the basis of whatever the agents want.

Ah yes. Footiball. Blackburn Rovers Footiball Club. The one shining light, the best reference he ever had. Couldn't even spell it correctly on his own PR website.

You wouldn't employ his firm in a million years on the back of that.

2 years later he's the untouchable one. The cockroach. The poison, the last link. He employed his friend who made such a balls up at PNE as well. A man who has already done his dough. So why bother Del? It makes you wonder why doesn't it?

Ah yes. Footiball. Blackburn Rovers Footiball Club. The one shining light, the best reference he ever had. Couldn't even spell it correctly on his own PR website.

You wouldn't employ his firm in a million years on the back of that.

2 years later he's the untouchable one. The cockroach. The poison, the last link. He employed his friend who made such a balls up at PNE as well. A man who has already done his dough. So why bother Del? It makes you wonder why doesn't it?

Nothing good can come of Agnew being employed at BRFC. whilst he remains there will always be a putrid stench of underhand

dealing and self preservation at all costs.

The real question is; who is his boss ?

Archived