BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agnew and Shaw

I'd stake good money that Agnew is behind it appearing on Sky etc. Publicity - it's what an Operations Director does dontcha know.

Does it really matter who is behind it? After what seems like a disparaging story every week for the last 30 months there is a really touching story in which the club and players showed some humility. And more importantly a young lad has been recognised for an outstanding achievement. I'd wager he couldn't give a stuff who was behind it.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Must be tough for the lad. His reward is definitely well earned.

Just not sure what it has to do with Shagnew.

Stuart you know we all love a good conspiracy theory, and whilst I hope that the haven't infected a positive action, it is possible that their greasy little paws are all over this (see those keaners bring out the cynic in me automatically)

Just another example of sh1t owners that couldn't make a decision even if their lives depended on it.

Derek Shaw should already be busy arranging new contracts for players we want to retain, instead he's flying to Pune twice in a month to speak to thick owners who haven't got a bloody clue.

Keaning Keans the lot of them.

Just another example of sh1t owners that couldn't make a decision even if their lives depended on it.

Derek Shaw should already be busy arranging new contracts for players we want to retain, instead he's flying to Pune twice in a month to speak to thick owners who haven't got a bloody clue.

Keaning Keans the lot of them.

They must have been told how disruptive all this hauling vital staff across the globe is. In an age of global instant communications it beggars belief.

They clearly don't listen which makes their brand of incompetence particularly destructive.

IMO Shaw & Agnew should have been shown the door [shaw shouldn't be anywhere near sorting contracts out!], the supposed trawl for a new chief exec should be the number one priority, and sorting first manager, second players as soon as possible. So everyone knows where they stand. Will it happen, will it eckerslike!

Wonder if it got heated by Shaw sat there like a fat money grabbing leech saying , Ha you can't sack me I don't take my orders from you ? having never met anyone on the way over to India again to discuss the wishes of his and his pal Aggers owners.

Compare and contrast this long drawn out saga over Shaw with the speed of removal over the email where Paul Hunt called for Kean to be removed being leaked to the public.

Decisive when they want to be...

Compare and contrast this long drawn out saga over Shaw with the speed of removal over the email where Paul Hunt called for Kean to be removed being leaked to the public.

Or, decisive when they CAN be...

Nail on the head. It's clearly not an option for them. Shaw has just cost them over 2 million quid, plus bad press. What does he need to do to get sacked? Not only that but what does he bring to the job anyway? He was crap at PNE and I'm struggling to think of anything he has done to date of any value at Rovers. Oh, but he knows Agnew doesn't he.

It's all a bit blatant if you ask me.

great point.

I've just been listening to the podcast that cover this issue last year aswell has reading the letter and Newspaper articles that cover this.

Nail on the head. It's clearly not an option for them. Shaw has just cost them over 2 million quid, plus bad press. What does he need to do to get sacked? Not only that but what does he bring to the job anyway? He was crap at PNE and I'm struggling to think of anything he has done to date of any value at Rovers. Oh, but he knows Agnew doesn't he.

My initial feeling was that once this went to the court, it would've been an acknowledgement of wrongdoing if Venky's sacked Shaw on the spot and would've damaged their already wafer-thin defence. But seeing as they've lost, there's really no reason to keep him on. It's amazing how there was - and still is - certain untouchables within the club, which clearly can't be for footballing or executive reasons. Like you say, bob, they're not even trying to disguise the fact now.

Its the elephant in the room.

I'm beginning to think that Venkys are actually playing up to the 'we are clueless buffoons' tag to give them an alibi for the inexplicables like this.

Deliberate smoke and mirrors so no one can see the bigger picture.

Its the elephant in the room.

I'm beginning to think that Venkys are actually playing up to the 'we are clueless buffoons' tag to give them an alibi for the inexplicables like this.

Deliberate smoke and mirrors so no one can see the bigger picture.

That theory has been around for a while and it would make perfect sense to cover up whatever they are really up to. On the rare occasion a microphone goes near anyone connected to Venkys, an i include Singh in this,a load of complete nonsense is waffled yet when they are interviewed on anything to do with their core business they are eloquent, clear and firm about what they are doing. It's a sham.

Maybe the truth was staring us in the face long ago when Desai said Kean was "unsackable". If we took this literally maybe everything falls into place? I just assumed they were stubborn and stupid but maybe that's not what I should have inferred?

Actually it is a sham masquerading as a devilish plot which has itself turned into a shambles from day one which is now turning into something that is seriously wild with the warring Rao siblings sat in the middle of it in control, not in control and completely out of control.

What is going on at Kentaro is pretty mind boggling and might not be disconnected with the Rovers having gone all Ben Travers complete with the tantric one caught by his assistant with his trousers down and the mad judge stood in front of the wardrobe door with the press pack outside.

Archived