BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agnew and Shaw

If Shaw does get the chop, I'd love to see us looking at someone like Rob Heys at Stanley to take the reigns.

He'd the current MD there and is well respected, young and has certainly served a pretty tough apprenticeship.

Think he could be a good fit for us.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on Chaddy, spill the beans.

nothing to spill.

I'm just throwing the name out there. I have no in the know info btw

just been listening to some old podcasts from last summer. and his name was linked with the Battersby/Currie/Seneca takeover bid. on the podcast said he knows the owners well and has football experience. so I am just asking could he possibly be this new CEO if appointed.

The Raos appoint people on recommendations through:

(a) Kentaro - their main football advisers e.g. Steve Kean

(b ) Steve Kean Recommendations e.g. Paul Agnew

(c ) Paul Agnew Recommendations e.g. Derek Shaw

(d) People they see on the television e.g. Shebby Singh

(e) Their Family e.g. Vineeth Rao

I think they might go back to the option 'people they see on the television' as Kentaro may not be as able to give football advice anymore. If they can't tell the difference between the abilities of John Williams and Derek Shaw then they are clearly not going to appoint anyone of sufficient calibre.

how do you know this???

They won't have heard of Ilyas Khan or even be aware of any CEO's in the UK.

That theory has been around for a while and it would make perfect sense to cover up whatever they are really up to. On the rare occasion a microphone goes near anyone connected to Venkys, an i include Singh in this,a load of complete nonsense is waffled yet when they are interviewed on anything to do with their core business they are eloquent, clear and firm about what they are doing. It's a sham.

Sorry for missing the point here, but what's the theory and what is the sham?

The Raos appoint people on recommendations through:

. . .

(e) Their Family e.g. Vineeth Rao

They won't . . . even be aware of any CEO's in the UK.

I thought Vineeth Rao was not related to Mrs. D or her brothers?

Would it hurt them to call John Williams and ask his advice? I bet they'd find a decent CEO then as he reportedly still has a soft spot for the club.

Heard a report on the radio this morning (The Bee, news at 0730) that they'd been informed that Derek Shaw was to remain as MD and that discussions with the owners had been 'amicable'.

Now I know it was early, but I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it.

Has anyone else heard this? There's nothing on any of the websites anywhere to either confirm or deny it. To me, it sounds like Deggsy's writting his own press releases again and didn't get any further than one local radio station before he was reigned in.

One thing I do know, is that if someone had just cost me £1.8m more than I was expecting to pay, any discussions with said person would be far from 'amicable'!

Heard a report on the radio this morning (The Bee, news at 0730) that they'd been informed that Derek Shaw was to remain as MD and that discussions with the owners had been 'amicable'.

Has anyone else heard this? There's nothing on any of the websites anywhere to either confirm or deny it. To me, it sounds like Deggsy's writting his own press releases again and didn't get any further than one local radio station before he was reigned in.

One thing I do know, is that if someone had just cost me £1.8m more than I was expecting to pay, any discussions with said person would be far from 'amicable'!

I heard this on the 6 am news on The Bee. I was expecting a story in at least one of the nationals and perhaps the LT.

Only thing I heard was shaw on the beeb at midnight last night . He was honestly embarrassing and sounding like the school swot who everyone hates. He was talking not like a venky employee but like the Preston director who had discovered Moyes . Pathetic that someone high up on the rovers chain can discuss everton /mufc/Preston . Yet these sleezeballs have not the decency to mention anything rovers or season ticket prices . I'm not mad I'm clucking fuming.

Only thing I heard was shaw on the beeb at midnight last night . He was honestly embarrassing and sounding like the school swot who everyone hates. He was talking not like a venky employee but like the Preston director who had discovered Moyes . Pathetic that someone high up on the rovers chain can discuss everton /mufc/Preston . Yet these sleezeballs have not the decency to mention anything rovers or season ticket prices . I'm not mad I'm clucking fuming.

I believe you are right with regards to the Bee reporting this and that this is going to be the official line.

Old Shaw is a forgiving soul isn't he?

Accused in Court of being rogue, out of control and also receiving personal letters accusing him of cheating.

The LT report of shouting was the reality of how amicable everything was- in fact it was more dramatic than just shouting but no physical violence was involved.

If Shaw does get the chop, I'd love to see us looking at someone like Rob Heys at Stanley to take the reigns.

He'd the current MD there and is well respected, young and has certainly served a pretty tough apprenticeship.

Think he could be a good fit for us.

Difficult not to @#/? myself laughing when i know him , difficult job at Stanley yes and he's doing the best he can , but no no no ... not for Rovers

Let's see how it plays out, history has shown Shaw is probably more less safe in his job now he is back from India as Venky's never seem to sack anyone face to face. But it would speak volumes if he ultimately remains in post after what was revealed during Berg's court case. If he does stay the conspiracy theories are going to continue about who owns Rovers or is making the decisions.

I wonder if we might see Rovers being mentioned in some future management books as an example of bad practice, it's been a complete cock up on the management front of the club from day one.

Let's see how it plays out, history has shown Shaw is probably more less safe in his job now he is back from India as Venky's never seem to sack anyone face to face. But it would speak volumes if he ultimately remains in post after what was revealed during Berg's court case. If he does stay the conspiracy theories are going to continue about who owns Rovers or is making the decisions.

I wonder if we might see Rovers being mentioned in some future management books as an example of bad practice, it's been a complete cock up on the management front of the club from day one.

As the debacle continues it pushes more and more people away from the club, I'm not sure we are even going to go next season on a personal note, how can we support the clowns running the circus?

Its clear in my opinion that Shaw was in on the 'defence' put forward by the owners and is now being rewarded for his loyalty, and all to the detriment of the football club.

It’s a keaning travesty…

Archived